Long Game 51: A Traitor in the Obligators

Straw

1 hour ago, Ookla the Skeptical said:

Why H specifically? There are 4 remaining letters after the Vote letters are eliminated, a r b and h, and those could refer to a variety of different people,

The A could mean Araris, Alv, or Aman

The R could refer to Ookla the Ring, Remart (Jondesu), or Rath

The B could be Bessum (ookla the ring)

The H could be Ookla the Heretical

These are all of the names I found with some association with a letter, and other then the fact that your name is the only associated with H I can find no reason to why you would chose that letter.

I wouldn’t say he was talking about the letter ‘H’ specifically, but rather the ‘ħ’ phoneme, which I guess I think is also a bit of a stretch. The tineye might be messing with us, in an effort to mess with the elims too.

To continue from last day, @Ookla the Gambler @Ookla the Libre @Amanuensis and anyone else who hasn't posted much(I'm tired and these were the only ones to pop to my mind right now), please do. 

I also am wondering if anyone else has had any thoughts on revealing their roles? Or if anyone has received any PMs along the lines that Alv suggested? 

7 hours ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

I wouldn’t say he was talking about the letter ‘H’ specifically, but rather the ‘ħ’ phoneme, which I guess I think is also a bit of a stretch. The tineye might be messing with us, in an effort to mess with the elims too.

Oh, whoops. I thought the Phonetic line was a scratch in my screen.

I haven't been posting much, and I completely missed last night. Well, actually, I was going to post about how we needed to keep the discussion going, but then Mailliw beat me to it, and then I got busy trying to think of another post, so it never happened. 

So, no death probably means that the Seer chose to convert tonight. Unsurprising. Unless Aman's theory proves to be true. In that case, we have an inactive or less active eliminator, and at this point it's still 1 versus everyone else. I'm kindof leaning to the likelihood that the elim did convert, and we are simply not informed. 

That being the case, there are now 2 elims out there, and at this case, I still believe that it would be relatively difficult to tell who they are. I will try to come back later to post some analysis on players though. I'll let you know how it goes. 

Hi! Finally posting here!

I think that the Tineye message is either a distraction/red herring or is trying to reference a player name maybe?

Also, it's possible that the Seer hasn't done anything because of being busy/not keeping track of time, but that's less likely than them having spent their turn on converting someone.

There have been only a couple players inactive enough in thread to have possibly been too inactive to send a conversion action in and I think that all of them were active on the site at least at some point during the cycle even if they didn't post. It's safer to assume a conversion happened and it's now 2-16 here. 

Does anyone have any suspicions? I've shared mine and will vote for Rath tentatively for now. We definitely need a lynch today to be able to start to catch the traitor.

I don't have any significant suspicions, but I do have some minor ones of Guacless (itiah I think?) and CadCom.  The Guacless suspicion is just a gut read I suppose, but in a game with only 1 elim Cycle 1, I don't know if I really want to trust my gut if it has anything to do with that cycle...

5 hours ago, Ookla the Duck said:

So, no death probably means that the Seer chose to convert tonight. Unsurprising. Unless Aman's theory proves to be true. In that case, we have an inactive or less active eliminator, and at this point it's still 1 versus everyone else. I'm kindof leaning to the likelihood that the elim did convert, and we are simply not informed. 

I am going to vote CadCom for now, as they are just leaning towards the fact that the elim did convert. I try to always assume the elim is doing... elim things, and being "so-so" on this topic sounds weird to me. (this might count as a gut read too in a sense, but as it is from C2 rather than C1, I feel slightly better about it.)

But really I am not convinced on CadCom either.

For now: CadCom/Ookla the Duck

Edited by Furamirionind
added CadCom's ooklaness

3 hours ago, Ookla the Lumgol said:

Also, it's possible that the Seer hasn't done anything because of being busy/not keeping track of time, but that's less likely than them having spent their turn on converting someone.

I mean, for the last Night turn, Straw was saying how the timer thing was broken and how he apologised for anyone who missed their actions, which could point to that conclusion (the Seer missing the action) unless anyone else missed their action as well.

But yeah, I would feel it’s safer to assume we have another elim now, rather than hoping the Seer didn’t send in an action.

As for the lynch, I don’t know yet, but I’m thinking Lumgol. He jumps on the idea that it could be a red herring immediately, and his next comment is about how it’s possible the Seer could not have made an action.

But I’m not sure if this is elimness or new-playerness, so, I won’t vote for now. But I am suspicious.

16 hours ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

I wouldn’t say he was talking about the letter ‘H’ specifically, but rather the ‘ħ’ phoneme, which I guess I think is also a bit of a stretch.

'Vote' was the first thing that jumped out at me, and then I didn't know what to do with the rest of the letters. As I said before though, it's unlikely that the Tineye is sending us any particular message that we're supposed to decode. Rather, the tineye will be able to decode their own message at some point later on if they want to prove that they were the one to send the message.

9 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Are we going to be notified when a conversion occurs?

Conversions were not noted in LG39, so unless Straw clarifies otherwise, I'll assume that we won't be informed this game either.

I mean, I’m not sure if there would be a high chance of the Seer having a Rioter Allomancer already, unless someone claimed so.

But even if we vote for more people and there is an elim Rioter, they could still have easy control over the vote anyway, so I don’t see how voting for more people would solve the problem.

Alvron for suggesting we vote for more people, though that wouldn’t solve the issue and would only cause the random chance lynch to be among more people.

Edited by Ookla the Guacless

Just wanted to let you all know that I’m not sure how active I’ll be till the end of the night turn. I may still be plenty active, but I also might not be at all. Just a heads up. 

Again, we definitely need a lynch today, or at bare minimum, a real discussion about one. 

7 hours ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

[Alvron] for suggesting we vote for more people, though that wouldn’t solve the issue and would only cause the random chance lynch to be among more people.

While Alvron does like tied lynches, I'm fairly sure he was advocating for more votes in general, not necessarily votes spread out among multiple targets.

36 minutes ago, Ookla the Skeptical said:

I’d rather bandwagon and get a confirmed lynch then not have a lynch at all.

With the removal of the two vote minimum, a lynch is guaranteed every day cycle. So far as I can tell, the lynch on Walin is essentially a lynch on a random inactive, and stacking votes is only helpful if the Seer managed to convert a vote manipulator. @Ookla the Walinevitable, you have been online since your self-imposed ~40 hour inactivity period. Do you have anything you'd like to say?

8 hours ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

I mean, I’m not sure if there would be a high chance of the Seer having a Rioter Allomancer already, unless someone claimed so.

But even if we vote for more people and there is an elim Rioter, they could still have easy control over the vote anyway, so I don’t see how voting for more people would solve the problem.

Alvron for suggesting we vote for more people, though that wouldn’t solve the issue and would only cause the random chance lynch to be among more people.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Heretical said:

While Alvron does like tied lynches, I'm fairly sure he was advocating for more votes in general, not necessarily votes spread out among multiple targets.

What Devotary said. :)   More votes are what we need as it gives us more information.  And with a conversion role around having a good sample of peoples votes before they are converted can gives us insights allowing us to find them.

I am not a fan of this Walin lynch even though I was the first to start it.  Snipexe and Lumgol, I'm keeping an eye on the two of you.

Inactives are less likely to be evil than in other games because the Seer can choose to convert only those who are at least active enough to submit action orders. Especially for the early game, picking someone who might never show up seems like a waste of a conversion. That makes killing inactives and minimally actives less useful than usual, and not something the lynch or the Coinshot should be focusing on. It's too late for the Walin lynch to go anywhere, even if I voted for CadCom or Alvron, and since Walin has not been completely inactive we'll at least learn something from his death. Day 3 though, we should have enough information to start looking more closely at those who have posted more regularly.

[Writeup to be edited in later.]

Walin is dead! He was an Obligator.

Vote Count:

Walin (3): Araris Valerian, Alvron, Lumgol, Snipexe

Alvron (1): I think I am here

Cadmium Compounder (1): Furamirionind

Rathmaskal (1): Mailliw73

GM Notes:

PMs are open.

The cycle will end at 5:30 PM EST on December 16th.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Ookla the Phoenix (AKA xinoehp512(Neddih) Obligator

2. Ookla the Guacless (AKA I think I am here) (The Legendary Guacless)

3. Araris Valerian (Ookla the Inherited)

4. Malliw73 (Matarn Wachtrot)

5. Alvron (Nameless Obligator #5)

6. Ookla the Lumgol (AKA Lumgol) (Teraval)

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux)

8. Ookla the Ring (AKA Karnatheon) (Bessum)

9. Ookla the Gambler (AKA Nohadon) (Velrond Tarot)

10. Amanuensis (Xemalun Renaud)

11. Ookla the Duck (AKA Cadmium Compounder) (Palessi)

12. Ookla the Libre (AKA Gancho Libre) (Erbil Ohcnag)

13. Rathmaskal (Lord Flamingo)

14. Ookla the Heretical (AKA Devotary of Spontaneity) (Jesorden)

15. Ookla the Skeptical (AKA Snipexe) (Snipexe)

16. Jondesu (Remart)

17. STINK (Flans Mastic)

18. Ookla the Walinevitable (AKA Walin) (Nedran) Obligator

19. Furamirionind (Furamirionind)

Edited by Ookla of Light