Long Game 51: A Traitor in the Obligators

Straw

1 hour ago, Alvron said:

You should vote if for no other reason than to give the Soothers/Rioters targets for their abilities.  My vote is on Jondesu mainly so it can be soothed away but also, I have a slight suspicion of him and Devotary.

1 hour ago, Mailliw73 said:

I feel it's more useful to vote, preferably for someone who isn't voted for yet, that we can have the soothers and rioters begin to check you. Right now, there's only three of us that Soothers can check. I don't think we need an actual lynch, but we need the information and there's only a little under 4 hours left.

In that case, I will vote. I saw that Snipexe did not have any votes, so I'll vote for him. On the basis that he has a 1 in 19 of being an elim (or 1 in 18 if I remove myself, since I'm not the Eliminator)

Edited by Ookla the Duck

I'm tempted to vote on myself, but taking the risk that through everyone's manipulation I somehow end up being the lynch is stopping me. Therefore I guess I'll go with Furamirionind

Edit: Somehow it posted this many responses. I don't see a way to delete any of them? Sorry.

Edited by Ookla the Ring

[Writeup to be posted later]

xinoehp has been lynched! They were an Obligator.

Vote Count:

xinoeph512 (1): Furamirionind

I think I am here (1): xinoeph512

Alvron (1): Mailliw73

Rathmaskal (1): Devotary of Spontaneity

Devotary of Spontaneity (1) Araris Valerian

Snipexe (1): Cadmium Compounder

Jondesu (1): Alvron

Furamirionind (1): Karnatheon

GM Notes:

PMs are open.

Clarifications:

In the case of a tie, a random player will die.

If the Seer has no atium, they will appear as an Obligator to Seekers.

Countdown:

bla_1544740200.png

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Ookla the Phoenix (AKA xinoehp512(Neddih) Obligator

2. Ookla the Guacless (AKA I think I am here) (The Legendary Guacless)

3. Araris Valerian (Ookla the Inherited)

4. Malliw73 (Matarn Wachtrot)

5. Alvron (Nameless Obligator #5)

6. Ookla the Lumgol (AKA Lumgol) (Teraval)

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux)

8. Ookla the Ring (AKA Karnatheon) (Bessum)

9. Ookla the Gambler (AKA Nohadon) (Velrond Tarot)

10. Amanuensis (Xemalun Renaud)

11. Ookla the Duck (AKA Cadmium Compounder) (Palessi)

12. Ookla the Libre (AKA Gancho Libre) (Erbil Ohcnag)

13. Rathmaskal (Lord Flamingo)

14. Ookla the Heretical (AKA Devotary of Spontaneity) (Jesorden)

15. Ookla the Skeptical (AKA Snipexe) (Snipexe)

16. Jondesu (Remart)

17. STINK (Flans Mastic)

18. Ookla the Walinevitable (AKA Walin) (Nedran)

19. Furamirionind (Furamirionind)

Edited by Ookla of Light

9 minutes ago, Ookla of Light said:

Clarifications:

In the case of a tie, a random player will die.

Oh... That'd have been useful to know. I assumed the two vote minimum was still around.

Edit: And apparently, votes weren't manipulated unless they hit only Smokers.

Edited by Mailliw73

2 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Oh... That'd have been useful to know. I assumed the two vote minimum was still around.

Yeah, I wish I could have clarified earlier, but no one asked me, and I wasn't around near the end of the turn, so I didn't realize it needed to be clarified. I decided not to keep the two vote minimum due to the fact that there are a fairly small number of players, and some will go inactive or be killed.

Just because it's night doesn't mean we have to stop talking...

@Ookla the Lumgol @Coop772 @Ookla the Gambler @Amanuensis @Ookla the Walinevitable @Ookla the Libre FIrstly, Hello there! Most of you haven't posted if I remember correctly (and I may not have) or have only posted once. Just wanted to ping you to remind you about this. :)

Secondly, my suspicions as of now are Araris, CadCom, and Rath. All are minor suspicions and just based on gut feeling for now, but if I had to lean towards anyone right now, I'd probably pick one of these three.

If someone did try and sooth/riot a vote, please don't say anything just yet.  I believe D3 would be the best time to reveal what vote manipulations happened to/by who as well as Seekers sending their findings via PM or thread post.  It will hopefully allow us to narrow the search a bit more.

Alternatively if you want to reveal or tell someone then by all means do.  It is your choice after all.

45 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I would certainly vote for someone advocating role reveals in the thread.

*shrug* well I guess you can vote for me tomorrow then. :P 

Edit: @Alvron‘s point. The problem waiting is that it also allows more of a chance for the soother/rioter/seeker to be converted and we’d miss all the reveals. Like he said though, up to each of you. 

Edited by Mailliw73

RULE CLARIFICATION:

Someone asked a question about the order of actions for this game. I did a bit of looking around, and interestingly, I couldn't find an order of actions list for this game. To fix this problem, here's the order of actions:

Converting

Tineye Message

Smoking

Seeking

Protecting

Killing

[Writeup to be edited in later]

No one is dead!

Tineye Message:

I haven't had time to think this through, so I'll try and do better tomorrow night.

GM Notes:

PMs are open!

The cycle will end at 5:30 PM EST on December 15th.

No countdown because the countdown site is apparently broken.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Ookla the Phoenix (AKA xinoehp512(Neddih) Obligator

2. Ookla the Guacless (AKA I think I am here) (The Legendary Guacless)

3. Araris Valerian (Ookla the Inherited)

4. Malliw73 (Matarn Wachtrot)

5. Alvron (Nameless Obligator #5)

6. Ookla the Lumgol (AKA Lumgol) (Teraval)

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux)

8. Ookla the Ring (AKA Karnatheon) (Bessum)

9. Ookla the Gambler (AKA Nohadon) (Velrond Tarot)

10. Amanuensis (Xemalun Renaud)

11. Ookla the Duck (AKA Cadmium Compounder) (Palessi)

12. Ookla the Libre (AKA Gancho Libre) (Erbil Ohcnag)

13. Rathmaskal (Lord Flamingo)

14. Ookla the Heretical (AKA Devotary of Spontaneity) (Jesorden)

15. Ookla the Skeptical (AKA Snipexe) (Snipexe)

16. Jondesu (Remart)

17. STINK (Flans Mastic)

18. Ookla the Walinevitable (AKA Walin) (Nedran)

19. Furamirionind (Furamirionind)

I think the relevant point is here.

The Seer can use their Action during the Night to gift a bead of Atium to another player and bribe them onto the Traitor faction. This takes place at the end of the Night and will fail if the target dies, not costing the Seer any Atium. Coinshots will automatically cost 2 Atium. The Seer does not have to be aware that someone is a Coinshot to bribe them. If they don’t have enough Atium, the Action fails.

So Conversion happens in the night, but it would be the last action. And if they tried to convert someone who died it would fail.

2 hours ago, Ookla of Light said:

I haven't had time to think this through, so I'll try and do better tomorrow night.

So, on that Tineye message.

The bolded letters we have are:

A, V, E, O, T, R, B, H

Since these don’t spell out a word in the natural order they come in,  (forwards or backwards) is it possible that it could be an anagram for something? Either that or the Tineye is just trying to confuse us (or the elims).

So, we could rearrange it as:

BOTH RAVE

Thay doesn’t really mean much though, so how about:

BOVE RATH

Again, doesn’t say much, but it does have one of player’s names in it, and if you added an ‘A’ at the beginning it would say ‘Above Rath’. I don’t know if this means anything though.

HAVE BORT

Bort’s not in this game, so I doubt it’s this one, though it could be, for who knows what reasons.

Conclusion, I have no idea what the Tineye was trying to say.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Ring said:

I think the relevant point is here.

The Seer can use their Action during the Night to gift a bead of Atium to another player and bribe them onto the Traitor faction. This takes place at the end of the Night and will fail if the target dies, not costing the Seer any Atium. Coinshots will automatically cost 2 Atium. The Seer does not have to be aware that someone is a Coinshot to bribe them. If they don’t have enough Atium, the Action fails.

So Conversion happens in the night, but it would be the last action. And if they tried to convert someone who died it would fail.

Another important bit of information is that if the Coinshot hits the Seer it will use up a Atium bead causing the bribe to fail if it's their last one.  Coinshots, you really do need to be active and attacking if possible.  It is better to kill an innocent now than later when the numbers are a lot closer.  Start with inactives if you want but anything we can do to narrow it down needs to be done.

41 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Another important bit of information is that if the Coinshot hits the Seer it will use up a Atium bead causing the bribe to fail if it's their last one. 

And finally, Seeker scans become immediately obsolete as a player could have been converted after the scan went through. If last night worked on a different order of actions though, it should be the case that anyone scanned as village last night is still a villager. On a related note, @Ookla of Light, if Seekers can detect role and alignment, why would the Seer scan as an Obligator, rather than Obligatorafter running out of beads?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

Since these don’t spell out a word in the natural order they come in,  (forwards or backwards) is it possible that it could be an anagram for something?

Personally, I think the anagram is vote ħ. More likely though, the Tineye who sent the message should be able to prove their identity should that ever become necessary by explaining what they really meant.

46 minutes ago, Ookla the Heretical said:

Personally, I think the anagram is vote ħ. More likely though, the Tineye who sent the message should be able to prove their identity should that ever become necessary by explaining what they really meant.

Why H specifically? There are 4 remaining letters after the Vote letters are eliminated, a r b and h, and those could refer to a variety of different people,

The A could mean Araris, Alv, or Aman

The R could refer to Ookla the Ring, Remart (Jondesu), or Rath

The B could be Bessum (ookla the ring)

The H could be Ookla the Heretical

These are all of the names I found with some association with a letter, and other then the fact that your name is the only associated with H I can find no reason to why you would chose that letter.