Long Game 51: A Traitor in the Obligators

Straw

Thanks, Lum. I love public reveals. :) 

Thanks to Straw for running this game, Itiah for converting me(though I wasn’t happy when it first happened), Karn for making the kills, and the village for playing with us. You all did fantastic! I loved having to lie on my feet and figure out how to avoid lynches! I’ll share my final RP and thoughts on the game later. 

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

Even though I was dead, I had so much fun spying on the thread and rooting for my team. Honestly, I felt a little like Ruin. :P 

"Yes, Lumgol, yesss. Vote on CadCom, you know - no! You just voted on Karn, how could you! Oh, you changed your vote back. Yesss."

It was... exciting to say the least.

I'm always rooting for Elims, from the moment I die. When I was venli, you have no idea how excited I was to turn elim.

Blegh, I’m honestly just very frustrated with myself right now, as I could have played much better. It feels so stupid that I nearly caused a mislynch because of not paying attention when I made a pm. Oh well, what’s done is done. Thanks for gming this game Straw, and I sincerely wish I had been more active.

Wow... I completely forgot Maill promised to answer any question I asked truthfully... granted, I wouldn't have trusted that, but I probably would have tried some sort of sidealong question to determine allignment when I suspected him... probably something about knowing who other elims are...

: /

RP time!!!

Teraval jumped at the obligator approaching him in the night. Could this be the traitor everyone seemed to be hunting? Was this the end?

As he finally saw a glimpse of the man's face, Tereval shook. It was Matarn Wachtrot. His friend, Matarn, out of all people. What had happened? Teraval had looked up to the Prelan, come to him for support in navigating the Cantons. But he had taken the atium. Teraval never would have thought... 

It had been easy to suspect the seer, Guacless. The strange obligator seemed to have taken an instant dislike to Teraval, who hadn't hesitated to report Guacless as a possible traitor. And he had been correct.

But Matarn. Matarn and Bessum, the one Teraval could never quite get a read on. "Do it," whispered Teraval as Matarn approached. "Finish me. I cannot live with all this... everyone killing each other." Teraval looked away and prepared to die.

17 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Wow... I completely forgot Maill promised to answer any question I asked truthfully... granted, I wouldn't have trusted that, but I probably would have tried some sort of sidealong question to determine allignment when I suspected him... probably something about knowing who other elims are...

: /

:P I figured you had. Our PM left that conversation quickly. We just would’ve moved up the timeline if you had asked anything. 

Just for the sake of entertainment, I pulled out a coin, and assumed that the game was down to a coin flip, like it almost was. I said "heads-Karn is lynched, tails- I am lynched."

It was heads.

Then I assumed the other elim sent in a kill action leaving it down to 1 on 1. I said heads-elim is lynched, tails-villager is lynched. 

It was heads.

Of course I'm not the GM. So even if the flip of a coin scenario did take place, it would have meant nothing. @Straw, for the sake of entertainment, could you do an "official coin flip" to let us know how the game would have turned out. :D

3 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Just for the sake of entertainment, I pulled out a coin, and assumed that the game was down to a coin flip, like it almost was. I said "heads-Karn is lynched, tails- I am lynched."

It was heads.

Then I assumed the other elim sent in a kill action leaving it down to 1 on 1. I said heads-elim is lynched, tails-villager is lynched. 

It was heads.

Of course I'm not the GM. So even if the flip of a coin scenario did take place, it would have meant nothing. @Straw, for the sake of entertainment, could you do an "official coin flip" to let us know how the game would have turned out. :D

Yes please! I was hoping to see a dramatic battle of probability at the end of the game. 75% chance that the elims would win, 25% for the village. 

Maill, why did you switch your vote to Karn, then back to CadCom at the end?

Just now, Furamirionind said:

Yes please! I was hoping to see a dramatic battle of probability at the end of the game. 75% chance that the elims would win, 25% for the village. 

Maill, why did you switch your vote to Karn, then back to CadCom at the end?

It would’ve been 50/50 not 75/25. I personally really didn’t want that, not because I didn’t want to lose, but because after killing 15 villagers, it didn’t seem fair. 

Just to mess with the dead and Lum. To see what trust I could gain in the last hour or two. :P

3 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

It would’ve been 50/50 not 75/25. I personally really didn’t want that, not because I didn’t want to lose, but because after killing 15 villagers, it didn’t seem fair. 

I was referring to the rest of the game.  You evil people could afford to be lynched 1 time due to having the night kill, but the village didnt have that option.  So if H=Village and T=Elim:

HH - Village wins

HT - Elims Win

TH - Elims Win

TT - Elims Win

That would make it a 75% chance for an elim victory. That's what I was refering to.

6 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I was referring to the rest of the game.  You evil people could afford to be lynched 1 time due to having the night kill, but the village didnt have that option.  So if H=Village and T=Elim:

HH - Village wins

HT - Elims Win

TH - Elims Win

TT - Elims Win

That would make it a 75% chance for an elim victory. That's what I was refering to.

Well, the TH and HT situations are a 50/50 each. 

2 minutes ago, Karnatheon said:

Also, sorry to everyone that died. I was the one who killed you. My GM PM is all kill actions after I was informed of my conversion.

You bloodthirsty monster. :P

4 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

anyone else wanna RP it out? :D

I will for sure! It might take a bit of time. I’ll also have to confer with Karn about something. 

@Straw could we get permission to edit the spec doc or for the spoilers to be removed?

Yup, the only loophole that I feared has happened. Maill told Karn my role, that's how it became known

Man. There was no Seeker. That was such a plot twist. If there really was... I might have actually reached them, they would have Seeked Maill and all that...

Edited by Lumgol

At first I suspected you because you said I was confirmed as village but not a Tineye

but then you posted that I was a Tineye in the thread, I trusted you more because I didn't give you the cinnamon code word. The only possibility other than you actually being Seeker would have been that Maill or someone else with the code word would have told you. And I see that that's exactly what happened XD

My decision to trust Maill was early on in the game, not for any particular reason, but he was the first person that reached out to me and I needed to take someone's side, blindly or not. Although retrospectively a bad idea, it provided plenty of RP opportunities! :D 

Edited by Lumgol

Fifth:Maill must know you too well to leave you alive to lynch him. :P Alv: He does. :)

Yes, yes I do. And that’s exactly why we did it. :p

“I think a lot of people are going to have a rude awakening.  Maill is back and in rare form.”

thanks, Alv :D means a lot. It was fun to be an eliminator again. 

37 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

At first I suspected you because you said I was confirmed as village but not a Tineye

but then you posted that I was a Tineye in the thread, I trusted you more because I didn't give you the cinnamon code word. The only possibility other than you actually being Seeker would have been that Maill or someone else with the code word would have told you. And I see that that's exactly what happened XD

My decision to trust Maill was early on in the game, not for any particular reason, but he was the first person that reached out to me and I needed to take someone's side, blindly or not. Although retrospectively a bad idea, it provided plenty of RP opportunities! :D 

That’s exactly why we chose to have “seeked” you N5, we had to pick someone we knew the role of and you were one of the few that we were positive of that hadn’t been revealed publicly. 

Bron and Feir was my favorite gambit of the game. I loved Gamma’s faking of a second lurcher in LG2 and wanted to try a similar move. Endgame, it was super tricky. If someone had caught the fact that there were no lurchers but Stink, we would’ve been done. We also were forced to have Karn claim seeker though I wanted Bron to be his own player at first. 

5 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

I liked the PM chains idea. What was originally supposed to be an idea to make me look village by suggesting it eventually became a great way to confuse the village.

I loved when I found out that it was originally your idea :P 

17 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

I loved Gamma’s faking of a second lurcher in LG2 and wanted to try a similar move.

I know it's been a while but Gamma's fake Lurcher gambit was LG3 not LG2.  LG2 was his Rioter pretending to be a Soother gambit.

Well played folks.

I was close to figuring Mail out I think...  Karn, in the mid game at least, was a much tougher nut to crack.

Was a big fan of the fact that Snipexe accidentally created a great situation to lynch Itiah.

Unfortunate that we had so many die to the filter...alas, such is life.

Great job elims.  Mail and Karn are getting a lot of credit, but I think Itiah should get a bit more credit for the fact that the only real pattern you can find with the conversions is the fact that they were both active.  Curious if he had a third conversion planned (and if so, who it would have been) or was just going to hold onto the last bead of atium for survival purposes.