Long Game 51: A Traitor in the Obligators

Straw

Well, there's 4 of us left, and you've all chosen to decide I'm the elim, despite any hard evidence against me. So, I'm unlikely to change any of your minds, but I just want to say that I am not the traitor. There are 2 elims left though. because otherwise this would possibly be extended into the next day cycle, but the write up suggests that it's the last hour. Let me walk through this all with you.

You lynch me, and find out I'm a roleless villager. Game over. The other villager all of a sudden regrets their decision. I don't know who you are, but you've fallen into a trap. 

The reason it has to be 2 elims, is because if it's just one, then You lynch me, and the game becomes 2 village to 1 elim. Elim kills one person on the night turn leaving it 1-1 for the following day turn. Each vote against each other, and the game is left to the flip of a coin, therefore not the final hour. 

Knowing my own alignment leaves me to vote on Karn. Yes, he may be the seeker, but the only living players that I can remember he's "confirmed" are me, and we can assume Maill, because he was confirmed either the same cycle as Itiah died, or the cycle after by a seeker. But if Karn is the seeker, then he can make the claim that he was scanned as a smoker, when, in reality, he was being seeked. 

@Lumgol, I urge you to change your vote to Karn with me, or If I manage to somehow be wrong about Mail, then I urge you to change your vote to Karn. 

14 hours ago, Lumgol said:

Which means that you knew Karn was the Seeker since early in the game, were likely communicating (see: my request to have you Seeked and its apparent fulfillment) and could have gained lots of useful information about various roles.

The request that you asked me to pass back up the line? I told you in our PM that I did not pass it back up the line, because the next person in the chain was Maill, and I found it useless to pass it back up the line. right past him, So that is another reason to confirm Maill as his accomplice. The fact that Maill confirmed that he did just send the request back up the line suggests that he's lying unless you reached out to maill to have him pass it up the line. 

Edit:

14 hours ago, Karnatheon said:

Yes, I can confirm CadCom is the elim. He is roleless so there shouldn't be any way for him to wiggle out of this.

Yes, I am roleless, but unless I was never informed of being converted, I am not a traitor. I know that there is no way for me to use my role to "wiggle out of this" but perhaps, I can use sound logic and reasoning, and catch you in your slip-ups, traitor.

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

2 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Well, there's 4 of us left, and you've all chosen to decide I'm the elim, despite any hard evidence against me. So, I'm unlikely to change any of your minds, but I just want to say that I am not the traitor. There are 2 elims left though. because otherwise this would possibly be extended into the next day cycle, but the write up suggests that it's the last hour. Let me walk through this all with you.

Knowing my own alignment leaves me to vote on Karn. Yes, he may be the seeker, but the only living players that I can remember he's "confirmed" are me, and we can assume Maill, because he was confirmed either the same cycle as Itiah died, or the cycle after by a seeker. But if Karn is the seeker, then he can make the claim that he was scanned as a smoker, when, in reality, he was being seeked. 

@Lumgol, I urge you to change your vote to Karn with me, or If I manage to somehow be wrong about Mail, then I urge you to change your vote to Karn. 

The request that you asked me to pass back up the line? I told you in our PM that I did not pass it back up the line, because the next person in the chain was Maill, and I found it useless to pass it back up the line. right past him, So that is another reason to confirm Maill as his accomplice. The fact that Maill confirmed that he did just send the request back up the line suggests that he's lying unless you reached out to maill to have him pass it up the line. 

Edit:

Yes, I am roleless, but unless I was never informed of being converted, I am not a traitor. I know that there is no way for me to use my role to "wiggle out of this" but perhaps, I can use sound logic and reasoning, and catch you in your slip-ups, traitor.

The tag says final Four, not hour. Also, using write ups is typically not a good way to go as the GM typically makes them vague on purpose. 

Karn has actually seeked every one of us. Lum and I were seeked the two nights after Itiah’s death and you were just now seeked. 

Lum did contact me herself, as well as another player, to have that message sent up the line. The other player had also received the request to do so from multiple players. It was definitely not just up one PM chain line they tried to make sure Karn got the message. 

2 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

The tag says final Four, not hour. Also, using write ups is typically not a good way to go as the GM typically makes them vague on purpose. 

Karn has actually seeked every one of us. Lum and I were seeked the two nights after Itiah’s death and you were just now seeked. 

Lum did contact me herself, as well as another player, to have that message sent up the line. The other player had also received the request to do so from multiple players. It was definitely not just up one PM chain line they tried to make sure Karn got the message. 

1.  Oh, so it seems that you are correct. I realize that GM's make them vague on purpose, I just misread the tag, and thought it made it pretty obvious based on my misread. Anyway, If I were a lone Elim, I wouldn't think it was the last hour. Because I would have thought that I can find a way to weasel my way out of this.

2. Well, then Karn is an elim, because I am a roleless obligator, but not a traitor, unless I was converted without my own knowledge, and somehow managed to submit kills without my knowledge. 

2. Ok, that answers that question. 

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

I can confirm that I have contacted Maill, as well as various other players, to reach a Seeker.

@Cadmium Compounder, all evidence I have gotten from you is "I'm not an elim because I'm not an elim." This doesn't convince me much to change my vote.

4 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

The reason it has to be 2 elims, is because if it's just one, then You lynch me, and the game becomes 2 village to 1 elim. Elim kills one person on the night turn leaving it 1-1 for the following day turn. Each vote against each other, and the game is left to the flip of a coin, therefore not the final hour. 

The only probable situation I see is that either there's 1 elim, which is you, or there's 2, Karn and Maill. I find it improbable for only 1 of Karn or Maill to be an elim since they seem to have been working together for much of the game. If Karn and Maill were both elims, then I guess I lose, but from our PM's, they seem trustworthy enough for me to bet on you being elim. My vote remains the same unless I become reasonably convinced of your innocence.

Other than I was the second to vote on Itiah his first set of lynches, and was the first to agree with Alvron's idea for the coinshot to hit Itiah here

Granted I didn't vote on him the second time, but I didn't like Maill's posts. Something seemed off, and personally, that same something still seems off, but, before anyone really knew that there was no coinshot, I wanted the coinshot to hit Itiah. I wouldn''t want that if I was the only other Elim. I would still want at least one team mate. 

Of course, there's the possibility that there was a Lurcher Elim that would simply protect him. But that would have just made him more suspicious, as well as any lurchers. Plus, me being roleless, Karn being Seeker, Maill being Smoker, and Lumgol being Tineye, then there isn't another lurcher other than Stink, who was inactive and was confirmed village. 

The last piece of argument I have is that if it was just us 2, It wouldn't have been smart for me to vote for him at all, and it would have been less smart for me to advocate a coinshot kill against him to finish him off. That was still early in the game, and being a lone wolf, with no conversion would have been a very bold move, one that elim!CadCom probbably wouldn't take.

I will keep searching for something to convince you, but I really don't think there's that much more evidence I can present. 

So as I see it, I have 2 options.

1) vote CadCom, and it's either a quick win (if he's elim) or a quick death (if he's not, and I die next round because of being outnumbered by Karn and Maill.) The only verification for CadCom being an elim is that Maill instantly claimed that and Karn seemed to back it up by claiming to have Seeked him.

2) vote Karn, who may very well have lied about what he saw when he Seeked Maill and may be an elim, but might not and might just be wanting to end the game quickly. I now find it suspicious how Maill instantly claimed that the elim was CadCom, before getting Seeker verification and then was sure that Karn would support him. This could mean that they were communicating privately and Karn told Maill that he read CadCom as elim, but if that's true, then why wouldn't Karn have gone first? The other explanation is that Karn and Maill are both elims and are targeting CadCom. If I vote Karn, though, that'll be a 2-way tie between him and CadCom, and with no Soothers or Rioters alive, either Karn or CadCom will die randomly. If Karn dies and turns out to be village, I don't think that CadCom and Maill will both be elims, so I'll still have a chance of survival.

Mailliw already knew the alignment of himself, me, and Lumgol though. With 4 players left and 3 being confirmed village that means the 4th one has to be elim. So regardless of him not knowing the results of my scan it would make sense for him to vote on CadCom, because he was the only person not scanned since Itiah's death.

42 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Other than I was the second to vote on Itiah his first set of lynches, and was the first to agree with Alvron's idea for the coinshot to hit Itiah here

Granted I didn't vote on him the second time, but I didn't like Maill's posts. Something seemed off, and personally, that same something still seems off, but, before anyone really knew that there was no coinshot, I wanted the coinshot to hit Itiah. I wouldn''t want that if I was the only other Elim. I would still want at least one team mate. 

Of course, there's the possibility that there was a Lurcher Elim that would simply protect him. But that would have just made him more suspicious, as well as any lurchers. Plus, me being roleless, Karn being Seeker, Maill being Smoker, and Lumgol being Tineye, then there isn't another lurcher other than Stink, who was inactive and was confirmed village. 

The last piece of argument I have is that if it was just us 2, It wouldn't have been smart for me to vote for him at all, and it would have been less smart for me to advocate a coinshot kill against him to finish him off. That was still early in the game, and being a lone wolf, with no conversion would have been a very bold move, one that elim!CadCom probbably wouldn't take.

I will keep searching for something to convince you, but I really don't think there's that much more evidence I can present. 

And I’ve said repeatedly that your posts felt off to me. What’s the difference? 

Your other points are negated by the fact that Itiah was already likely to die. Very early on, we had decided that people who survived kills should be targeted again, as it improved the likelihood of their being the Seer. It wouldn’t be the first time you’ve jumped on a vote train against a fellow eliminator. 

13 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

So as I see it, I have 2 options.

1) vote CadCom, and it's either a quick win (if he's elim) or a quick death (if he's not, and I die next round because of being outnumbered by Karn and Maill.) The only verification for CadCom being an elim is that Maill instantly claimed that and Karn seemed to back it up by claiming to have Seeked him.

2) vote Karn, who may very well have lied about what he saw when he Seeked Maill and may be an elim, but might not and might just be wanting to end the game quickly. I now find it suspicious how Maill instantly claimed that the elim was CadCom, before getting Seeker verification and then was sure that Karn would support him. This could mean that they were communicating privately and Karn told Maill that he read CadCom as elim, but if that's true, then why wouldn't Karn have gone first? The other explanation is that Karn and Maill are both elims and are targeting CadCom. If I vote Karn, though, that'll be a 2-way tie between him and CadCom, and with no Soothers or Rioters alive, either Karn or CadCom will die randomly. If Karn dies and turns out to be village, I don't think that CadCom and Maill will both be elims, so I'll still have a chance of survival.

See below about the instant claim. 

So you want to put this game on a 50/50 coin flip? A tied vote puts it at random chance. And then, if whichever one dies is a villager, one of us will be killed at night, putting tomorrow’s lynch at a 50/50 again. We’ve gotta go all or nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Karnatheon said:

Mailliw already knew the alignment of himself, me, and Lumgol though. With 4 players left and 3 being confirmed village that means the 4th one has to be elim. So regardless of him not knowing the results of my scan it would make sense for him to vote on CadCom, because he was the only person not scanned since Itiah's death.

What Karn said. He’d already shared his seeking results of you, Lum, which you knew because I’d told you that a couple days ago. So I already knew that you were cleared, otherwise I wouldn’t have been so sure in that post which of you was the traitor until Karn got back to me. 

Again. This all holds true as long as Karn is village.

Maill, I see the point that you're making however. Although CadCom was the first to agree with Alvron to have the coinshot kill Itiah, he was likely to be killed anyway, and if he had disagreed on that point, it would have definitely been suspicious.

Well, I guess what can I say that will prove my villageness? You seemed to trust me up until CadCom's last post, which you agree his points don't all hold up to scrutiny. In the MR game that just ended CadCom made a very convincing bus on the only elim player to get lynched the whole game, and it cleared him in everyone's eyes until we lost. That should prove he isn't afraid to hop onto a vote he knows is already going against him, so the fact that he voted for Itiah isn't really indicative of anything. 

Honestly, I'm probably going to end up voting CadCom in the end, not because of trusting or suspecting, but because I want a quicker resolution to this game.

As long as Karn is village, I think everything should work out, we kill CadCom and he turns out to be elim, and villagers win. If Karn isn't village... then I might lose anyway even if I vote for him. So although I'm ambivalent about Karn's alignment, I'm going to lynch CadCom and see what happens.

14 hours ago, Lumgol said:

Honestly, I'm probably going to end up voting CadCom in the end, not because of trusting or suspecting, but because I want a quicker resolution to this game.

As long as Karn is village, I think everything should work out, we kill CadCom and he turns out to be elim, and villagers win. If Karn isn't village... then I might lose anyway even if I vote for him. So although I'm ambivalent about Karn's alignment, I'm going to lynch CadCom and see what happens.

Well, in that case, Congratulations to Karn, and possibly Maill and in the interest of resolving the game quicker, CadCom, Congratulations on a game well played, and avoiding suspicion by getting trusted so early, and using that to accuse others. 

Thank you Straw for GMing, I wish I could have been more active, but alas, life came in the way. 

Prelan Matarn Wachtrot had always been loyal to the Lord Ruler. Always. He’d been raised in a devout home, as pious as could be in the Final Empire. Prelan Wachtrot lived to serve the Lord Ruler. 

He was an Obligator others called extreme in his exactness. Never a broken rule, never a falter of faith. Prelan Wachtrot believed in the Lord Ruler. Many feared him, respected him, cursed him, ignored him, but Matarn worshipped him. 

Their God had saved humanity. He’d brought them the advances in culture in this city. Cruel he might be, the Lord Ruler was a just judge and Prelan Wachtrot saw the innate right in him. He was the essence of truth, of power. 

Prelan Wachtrot begun this inquisition into the traitor with a fire. He’d find the defector and he’d hang him. Loyalty to their God could not be mocked, trampled on, by one of His own priests. This traitor was walking, breathing, blasphemy. 
Prelan Wachtrot had rallied the Cantons, issuing proclamation and missive alike to gather the best minds to ferret out this turncoat. Argument after argument had happened that day and for nothing. Frustrated and tired, he went home, no progress in the search made. 

Salema had died that night. His daughter, sole progeny, had died. No murder in the night, no poison in the food, just disease. The ash-cursed air she breathed killed her! He had watched his daughter die day by day. His devotion died that night too

~~~~

Hollow, cold, he returned to the Canton early in the morning. The strange Obligator, Guacless, was waiting for him in his office. He’d explained his plan, offered the atium. And Matarn had accepted. What was God if his daughter was dead? There was no power in prayer. There was no blessing in belief. Death came and death took and the Lord Ruler wasn’t Matarn’s God anymore. His priesthood of farces and hypocrites was a sham. Matarn had felt the passion before, but rarely had many others in the Cantons and now they’d pay for their hypocrisy.

The anger, the passion of rebellion sparked him, drove him, after Salema’s death. Murder, blood, it all hurt him every time he planned a kill. But the hurt reminded him of her life. So hurt he did. To all appearances, he kept up the religious propaganda, the hunt for this traitor, but inside, he was dead. There was no Prelan left inside Matarn Wachtrot anymore. The Lord Ruler was not God, but he had power beyond Matarn’s copper gifts and there was no way he’d be able to kill the Lord Hypocrite himself. But he knew the Steel Ministry inside and out. This facade of a religion would burn and he would bring it to the dust. 

Matarn wanted to finish this. Weeks this had dragged on, dodging suspicions, spreading lies among those who had been his brethren. Now it was just Teraval and Palessi. Then the Ministry would be his and Lord Bessum’s. The other traitor had a penchant for blood and Matarn knew how to direct it. This day would be the last. They’d convinced Teraval to help them investigate Palessi and once he was dead, it’d be over. They’d kill Teraval and the Steel Ministry of Luthadel would be no more. 
Edited by Mailliw73

[Insert writeup here]

Cadmium Compounder has died! They were an Obligator

Vote Count:

Cadmium Compounder (4): Mailliw73, Karnatheon, Cadmium Compounder, Lumgol

GM Notes:

The Traitors have won! Congratulations to Itiah, Mailliw, and Karnatheon!

Links:

Dead/Spec Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KjaZzEHaLLRaW1ZLNzOY4-m5luEyWrGGmzHmwfXdKFI/edit?usp=sharing

Eliminator Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1An_U-zKQRL0dcrqDv5Gz3l-yH9-cZPNJgRV-5bM8cOA/edit?usp=sharing

Master Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-IPEt3NvwYEQGVhlU_I0iL30W_pYHGhsaK5PME3EmUI/edit?usp=sharing

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Ookla the Phoenix (AKA xinoehp512(Neddih) Obligator

2. Ookla the Guacless (AKA I think I am here) (The Legendary Guacless) Seer

3. Araris Valerian (Ookla the Inherited) Tineye

4. Malliw73 (Matarn Wachtrot) Smoker

5. Alvron (Nameless Obligator #5) Obligator

6. Ookla the Lumgol (AKA Lumgol) (Teraval) Tineye

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux) Thug

8. Ookla the Ring (AKA Karnatheon) (Bessum) Traitor

9. Ookla the Gambler (AKA Nohadon) (Velrond Tarot) Soother

10. Amanuensis (Xemalun Renaud) Obligator

11. Ookla the Duck (AKA Cadmium Compounder) (Palessi) Obligator

12. Ookla the Libre (AKA Gancho Libre) (Erbil Ohcnag) Obligator

13. Rathmaskal (Lord Flamingo) Obligator

14. Ookla the Heretical (AKA Devotary of Spontaneity) (Jesorden) Smoker

15. Ookla the Skeptical (AKA Snipexe) (Snipexe) Rioter

16. Jondesu (Remart) Soother

17. STINK (Flans Mastic) Lurcher

18. Ookla the Walinevitable (AKA Walin) (Nedran) Obligator

19. Furamirionind (Furamirionind) Obligator

Edited by Straw

So, I want to say some stuff.

Good game, everyone! This was really fun, even if my lies were caught, which ended up in my lynch. But huge props to Karnatheon and Mail, they pretty much carried the entire elim team, and I am so glad I chose the right elims before dying :P. Great job, everyone, awesome job to my team.