Long Game 51: A Traitor in the Obligators

Straw

So I think with Lumgol active now we hopefully have enough people that next cycle will be LyLo assuming @Karnatheon posts this cycle. I’m just going to go ahead and vote on Mail as why would a confirmed villager still be alive.

Hopefully more people will pop in this cycle, and I’m going to do a more in-depth look at previous posts and try to make a more evidenced vote then my above one. So think of the Mail vote as a more tentative gut read while I catch up on the previous few days

2 hours ago, Snipexe said:

So I think with Lumgol active now we hopefully have enough people that next cycle will be LyLo assuming @Karnatheon posts this cycle. I’m just going to go ahead and vote on Mail as why would a confirmed villager still be alive.

Because of my good friend Feir. :) and I assume because the traitors want you to think exactly what you’re thinking. 

I sort of agree with the Snipexe's suspicions though. There are 10 players right now, and Nohadon, Gancho, STINK, and Coop will likely die to the filter, leaving 6. Of these, the Seeker has scanned Mailliw and a Lurcher who is presumably active, giving 3 confirmed villagers, whom I am not among. That would make it impossible to have 3 active elims (unless I'm elim of course). 2 is a possibility, since that would give a final elim count of 4 if the Seer didn't ever get attacked, which is reasonable because this game only had 19 players to start. In either case (my being elim or only 2 total elims) though, the Seeker should have a scan from last Night cycle, meaning either 4 confirmed villagers or 3 and 1 confirmed elim. Both of these scenarios are a village win as I understand it. Thus, there are really only 2 explanations I can think of: Karnatheon is the Seeker and hasn't been online to report their scan, or the whole Seeker thing is a sham.

Edit: Ninja'd by CadCom, but his post also adds up to Mailliw being the Seeker or there being no Seeker at all.

Edited by Araris Valerian

[Insert writeup here]

Snipexe has died! They were a Rioter.

STINK has died! They were a Lurcher.

Gancho Libre has died! They were an Obligator.

Nohadon has died! They were a Soother.

Coop772 has died! They were a Thug.

Vote Count:

Snipexe (4): Araris Valerian, Mailliw73, Lumgol, Karnatheon

Mailliw73 (1): Snipexe

GM Notes:

PMs are open!

The Night will end on January 2nd, at 5:30 PM EST.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Ookla the Phoenix (AKA xinoehp512(Neddih) Obligator

2. Ookla the Guacless (AKA I think I am here) (The Legendary Guacless) Seer

3. Araris Valerian (Ookla the Inherited)

4. Malliw73 (Matarn Wachtrot)

5. Alvron (Nameless Obligator #5) Obligator

6. Ookla the Lumgol (AKA Lumgol) (Teraval)

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux) Thug

8. Ookla the Ring (AKA Karnatheon) (Bessum)

9. Ookla the Gambler (AKA Nohadon) (Velrond Tarot) Soother

10. Amanuensis (Xemalun Renaud) Obligator

11. Ookla the Duck (AKA Cadmium Compounder) (Palessi)

12. Ookla the Libre (AKA Gancho Libre) (Erbil Ohcnag) Obligator

13. Rathmaskal (Lord Flamingo) Obligator

14. Ookla the Heretical (AKA Devotary of Spontaneity) (Jesorden) Smoker

15. Ookla the Skeptical (AKA Snipexe) (Snipexe) Rioter

16. Jondesu (Remart) Soother

17. STINK (Flans Mastic) Lurcher

18. Ookla the Walinevitable (AKA Walin) (Nedran) Obligator

19. Furamirionind (Furamirionind) Obligator

Um, I'm not elim.

At this point I would suspect that only one of the remaining living players elim, because otherwise, with an elim kill tonight, we would enter a tie between elims and villagers, but I suppose it is possible that the elims don't submit a kill tonight, extending the game to tomorrow, if there are two. Which would mean we find out when this cycle ends if we've lost or not.

If I survive until tomorrow, or if the game is extended that long, I'll do what I can to figure it out at that time. 

Edit: It is possible that the game is extended tomorrow, with 2 elims, and 2 villagers, a tie vote 2-2, and the random lynch kills a villager too, I guess, right?

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

[Insert writeup here]

Araris Valerian has died! he was a Tineye!

Tineye Message:

Keeping a Seeker around will be quite useful at this time, regardless of what side they may be on.

GM Notes:

PMs are open!

The Day will end on January 4th at 5:30 PM EST.

The following players will die if they do not post this turn:

@Karnatheon

@Lumgol

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Ookla the Phoenix (AKA xinoehp512(Neddih) Obligator

2. Ookla the Guacless (AKA I think I am here) (The Legendary Guacless) Seer

3. Araris Valerian (Ookla the Inherited) Tineye

4. Malliw73 (Matarn Wachtrot)

5. Alvron (Nameless Obligator #5) Obligator

6. Ookla the Lumgol (AKA Lumgol) (Teraval)

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux) Thug

8. Ookla the Ring (AKA Karnatheon) (Bessum)

9. Ookla the Gambler (AKA Nohadon) (Velrond Tarot) Soother

10. Amanuensis (Xemalun Renaud) Obligator

11. Ookla the Duck (AKA Cadmium Compounder) (Palessi)

12. Ookla the Libre (AKA Gancho Libre) (Erbil Ohcnag) Obligator

13. Rathmaskal (Lord Flamingo) Obligator

14. Ookla the Heretical (AKA Devotary of Spontaneity) (Jesorden) Smoker

15. Ookla the Skeptical (AKA Snipexe) (Snipexe) Rioter

16. Jondesu (Remart) Soother

17. STINK (Flans Mastic) Lurcher

18. Ookla the Walinevitable (AKA Walin) (Nedran) Obligator

19. Furamirionind (Furamirionind) Obligator

Edited by Straw

6 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

I'll also vote CadCom, and I have reasons to suspect that Maill has started the chain PM that ended with me, which likely meant that he was trying to spread the information without outing the Seeker.

Are you talking about the message that I sent to CadCom that was sent to you that you posted about Fura? Yeah, CadCom posted that I sent it to him and i received it from Karn before that. I'm not sure what you're getting at?

Which means that you knew Karn was the Seeker since early in the game, were likely communicating (see: my request to have you Seeked and its apparent fulfillment) and could have gained lots of useful information about various roles.

1 minute ago, Lumgol said:

Which means that you knew Karn was the Seeker since early in the game, were likely communicating (see: my request to have you Seeked and its apparent fulfillment) and could have gained lots of useful information about various roles.

I mean, I leaned towards Karn being the Seeker, but I had no idea how long the chain was. That's the point of varying the lengths. I just sent the Seeking request back up the chain and then Karn contacted me after he Seeked me.