584 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

With how this argument between the two of you has been going, I am inclined to think that one of you is probably an elim… However I do think it is flawed logic to assume the doc is compromised. I have assumed in my role analysis that there is an elim in Moiraines circle, but that is because, as a game mechanic, it would be interesting to see the elims decisions, as at a certain point, perhaps the player should be sacrificed to deal more ring damage. As far as the village goes, would the village be willing to keep a known elim alive to prevent damage to the ring? There are situations where these strategies could be taken into account, and that is why I think there would be one in Moiraine's Circle, game mechanic.

As far as the warriors, why would you assume there is an elim in that doc? With 3 docs, it doesn't make sense to assume there is an elim in there "just because". There is a very good chance that at least 1 doc doean't have an elim. Not more of a chance that each doc having an elim, but just as much of a chance.

EDIT:

@Amanuensis:

What about your perspective makes it so obvious there is an elim in the doc?

I haven't said or implied it's obvious. The first time I asked is because Mark asked in the doc and I asked the thread. I can't remember who replied but someone said they thought it was likely. When I say "if I assume" I mean just that. If it isn't compromised then Mark is clean. I'm just trying to fit the pieces of the game together now that we have a small number left.

54 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

it's flawed logic from anyone else's perspective

This is the line that gets me... You are saying your argument is flawed from anyone else's perspective.  This would imply that it isn't flawed from your perspective.

Just now, Furamirionind said:

This is the line that gets me... You are saying your argument is flawed from anyone else's perspective.  This would imply that it isn't flawed from your perspective.

That's referring to the fact I know my alignment. From my perspective, if there's an elim in the Warriors it can only be Mark. If there's not then it's neither of us. I personally can't know until he's dead or the game ends. All I know is there's 10 players left and few leads, and I was suspicious of Mark for the Rath thing already. I only brought it up again because I thought the Circle would be the elim top priority and the fact only 2 have died in six cycles suggests they don't know who they are.

I was really hoping we could narrow down who the Forsaken might be mechanically but given what rand said earlier about them potentially having double roles, that seems impossible. All we can do is narrow the list based on suspicions at this point.

I kind of severely doubt rand is an elim. The whole situation with the emond's fielders doc seems way too convoluted to be a plan he would come up with or feel comfortable staging.

Steel is most definitely village. No way the elim would attack Aginor because WGG or not, everyone knows they aren't a Warrior of Fal Dara (and thus not hardy) and Rand would know they aren't Rand, so... yeah. Sadly Steel wouldn't target himself anyway so it's not very useful for narrowing things down other than the lynch.

I've believed Furam and Karn to be village for a while and honestly it's probably time I look over all of their posts to reevaluate them and make sure I'm not being duped by my own initial reads. If I'm right about those, that leaves CadCom, Mark, Joe and Sart.

Considering CadCom was the second vote on BR, it's relatively unlikely they are town. That just leaves Mark Joe and Sart, two of which are pinch hitters, and the first is someone I was suspicious of anyway.

Honestly I think my mind keeps jumping back to Mark because my subconscious is trying to confirm my own bias. I also have a bit of a strong ego, admittedly, so tend to double down on my reads of players.

EDIT: If I survive the night, I'm most likely voting for Mark. At this point I don't think I'll be able to get over it until I see it for sure.

Edited by Amanuensis

Ugh... I feel like I should say something, but there's not much to say. Even if we assume that Mark or Aman are Elims, there's probably two others in the game. Unfortunately, I trust most of the people left alive. We know Steeldancer is cleared, but it can't be as simple as Joe and Karn being the last two. That just feels too obvious to me. I'm starting to get paranoid of everyone. Not sure what else to say, and remember to defend.

This cycle is over. Rollover will take a little longer as Elandera and I sort things out, but it’ll hopefully be up in an hour or two as usual. 

Edit: make that “within 24 hours.” This writeup is long and I need sleep. Hopefully it’ll be up soon. 

Edited by Fifth Scholar

Okay, if everyone hasn’t inferred it the game is over. I don’t have a ton of time the next few days, especially for an aftermath writeup, but if I’m still not done by Christmas Eve I’ll post an aftermath without a writeup, which I’ll edit in when I finish, so I don’t mess up the scheduling of the next QF. Thank you all for playing, and I hope to have you all thoroughly killed in a day or two. :ph34r:

Ok... So we lost I presume... : /

Oh well... Twas a fun game. : )

Wait... I suppose I will understand once we see the rollover... But I don't understand how we lost... Oh... We won? Rand must have hit Aginor and killed him, and there actually wasn't any agent of blight? I was so convinced there was an agent of blight...

Good Game, regardless how this goes.

edit: Sorry Drought!

Edited by Furamirionind

No, Fifth told me the elims won. They must have taken us out enough that we were outnumbered or something?

5 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Ok... So we lost I presume... : /

Oh well... Twas a fun game. : )

Wait... I suppose I will understand once we see the rollover... But I don't understand how we lost... Oh... We won? Rand must have hit Aginor and killed him, and there actually wasn't any agent of blight? I was so convinced there was an agent of blight...

Good Game, regardless how this goes.

I genuinely thought we lost until I read this. I was confused as to how we went from around 10 players to just 5-6 given that there's no creatures of Aginor. 

So, yeah. I think the village won? Idk. 

Edit: nevermind. I'm still just as confused I guess.

Edit 2: there were none people alive the the start of this turn. If we assume 4 elims alive, then they just had to kill one of the village to win. 

If we assume 3 elims alive, then they'd have had to kill three villagers to win. 

So, I guess there were 4 elims alive. 

Edited by Mark IV

Ok... There were 9 players left, they get 1 kill/night... They have no creature or anything.

we have 9 players, the only way the elims could have won without people dying from secret rules is if there are 4 elims alive... Padan Fain, 2 Agents, Aginor.  But even then, if Rand hit Aginor tonight, we would still have a shot. I haven't done the math, but I think it would still be possible for the village to win with 4 elims alive...

Rand also can't be dead tonight... But if he was, the game might as well be over...

I find it hard to believe there were 4 elims alive though. It must be 3. : /

Edited by Furamirionind

The elims won the game, though it's technically because of the Blight. There are not enough villagers to hold the Blight off from destroying the Eye of the World long enough to lynch/kill all of the elims.

3 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Ok... There were 9 players left, they get 1 kill/night... They have no creature or anything.

we have 9 players, the only way the elims could have won without people dying from secret rules is if there are 4 elims alive... Padan Fain, 2 Agents, Aginor.  But even then, if Rand hit Aginor tonight, we would still have a shot. I haven't done the math, but I think it would still be possible for the village to win with 4 elims alive...

Rand also can't be dead tonight... But if he was, the game might as well be over...

I find it hard to believe there were 4 elims alive though. It must be 3.

Well, I'm not a forsaken, so Rand didn't kill Aginor if he hit me. 

The game is over. It doesn't matter if specifically Rand died. I don't see how three elims could outnumber the village of cause the eye to fall at this point in time. The evidence seems to suggest there were 4 elims alive N6. 

Edit: Ninja'd again. That explains a lot, I guess.

Edited by Mark IV

There were only 3 of us, but I'm Hardy. CadCom is Aginor and Sart is a roleless Agent. 

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

There were only 3 of us, but I'm Hardy. CadCom is Aginor and Sart is a roleless Agent. 

Nikel Fain is Padan Fain. How fitting.

Oh, so the fact that the village trusted CadCom was the problem... I suppose Steel didn't target CadCom meaning there was no death... Then who did you kill? Me, I expect... As the Green Man, my death would mean Steel's next turn, and things would spiral...

Edited by Furamirionind

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

Because of Aman's and CadCom's extra lives, there are 5 lives left. It is statistically impossible for village to last long enough to take care of all of them before the Blight kills the Eye, even if all villagers (even Rand al'Thor and the Green Man) submit defense actions every turn.

Aman was not Padan Fain.

And Mark was the next elim target.

2 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

Nikel Fain is Padan Fain. How fitting.

Sadly there was no Padan at all. It would have been fun to roleplay, though.

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

Oh, so the fact that Steel and Rand trusted CadCom was the problem... I suppose Steel didn't target CadCom meaning there was no death... Then who did you kill? Me, I expect... As the Green Man, my death would mean Steel's next turn, and things would spiral...

I killed Mark and CadCom summoned another Creature-

Ninja'd

1 minute ago, Mark IV said:

@Amanuensis I can't remove this tag anymore, so eh. 

I was hardy. I wouldn't have died anyways. :P

Oh nice! We anticipated that and chose you because we thought it would be fun if we could convince the village you were Aginor and lost your life to Rand.

Just now, Mark IV said:

@Amanuensis I can't remove this tag anymore, so eh. 

I was hardy. I wouldn't have died anyways. :P

I was still suspicious of Aman especially after the part that assumed the doc was infiltrated, so that would have made me push for Aman's lynch... However, with him being hardy, it wouldn't make much difference. : /

Steel would probably pick Aman or Mark as the possible Aginor then, and neither would be correct... So we still lose. : / lol.

I tried to get MrDoctor to claim Green Man, but when he didn't, I was certain he was either Moiraine or an elim. I was tempted to try to save his life by voting on myself... But I was concerned that with vote manip, I would end up dying... And if I died, I was sure Rand would be close after (and with Steel being attacked that night, it was probably a good assumption) Though with no vote manip that night, I am still beating myself over it... Granted, that is knowledge gained in retrospect. : /

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

Steel would probably pick Aman or Mark as the possible Aginor then

He did pick Aman. 

Also, why did you try to get Mr Doctor to claim Green Man? Were you hoping he was an elim that would falsely claim?