584 posts in this topic

So everyone make sure to defend today, because this Ring protects you from the creature kill.

So, let's see. last cycle the second vote on BR was Cadcom, and it was placed without reservation or weasel-words at a time when the lynch was still completely open. Therefore I feel that Cadcom is pretty much cleared of being an elim.

Furami added momentum to that lynch by placing a third vote, and combined with how he's invested in the game so far I'm fairly certain he's village now as well.

I can't say the same about the votes that followed after that, because given how silent the cycle was, we where definitely in bussing territory by then. I still feel fairly village about Karn, and I still feel suspicious of Drought, who placed the final vote.

There where two dissenting votes this cycle. One was from Sart on Amanuensis, which was placed before the BR lynch got started and is therefore NAI, and one from Rathmaskal on Furami after that lynch got going. The Rathmaskal vote would potentially be suspicious, but based on BR's votes during D2, I feel fairly confident that rathmaskal is not on the same team as BR.

@Rathmaskal, you said that I give of a slightly different feel than in the previous two games we played where I was an elim. I'm curious if you could elaborate more on this. It's fine if you have trouble putting this into words, but I'm just a bit curious.

I've also taken a quick look through BR's posts. There was some early throwing of Shade at Karnatheon, but she listed him as village later in the game, like a lot of people had been doing. She seemed to push relatively hard for the Rath lynch, and probably would have gone after me or Furami last cycle had she been active. I'm not really seeing any new insights here, but I haven't gone over her post with a fine comb yet.

So in order from more cleared to less cleared, Cadcom, Furami and Rathmaskal all look pretty village in light of BR's flip.

Also, given the Ring we were on, and the voting results. Fura and Aman didn't defend. Fura already said he didn't and stated his reasons so nothing to note there besides confirming his statement, but I would be interested to hear from Aman about this. Also we can probably assume BR didn't defend, so Aginor may have negated a vote to try and save her, or more likely one of us got negated from defending. There were 5 votes so 1 out of 5 being negated is highly probable. I know it wasn't me that was negated, and can assume Randuir would have said something if that were the case.

@Amanuensis 

Edit: I suppose it is possible BR defended just to negate a vote on her, but I don't think she was active after we started voting on her for her to know to do that.

Edited by Ookla the Ring

1 hour ago, Ookla the Ring said:

Also, given the Ring we were on, and the voting results. Fura and Aman didn't defend. Fura already said he didn't and stated his reasons so nothing to note there besides confirming his statement, but I would be interested to hear from Aman about this. Also we can probably assume BR didn't defend, so Aginor may have negated a vote to try and save her, or more likely one of us got negated from defending. There were 5 votes so 1 out of 5 being negated is highly probable. I know it wasn't me that was negated, and can assume Randuir would have said something if that were the case.

@Amanuensis 

Edit: I suppose it is possible BR defended just to negate a vote on her, but I don't think she was active after we started voting on her for her to know to do that.

Yeah sorry about that. Yesterday was a busy day for me and honestly I've been having some trouble getting back into these games. I keep thinking I'll be able to sit down and put in some real work into this but life isn't keen on letting that happen. I have my last final on Monday though and am flying home the next day, so hopefully things will be easier after that. Honestly I would probably be relieved if the elims killed me tonight, though.

EDIT: On that note, good job getting one of the Forsaken everyone. I probably wouldn't have voted for BR, to be honest

Edited by Amanuensis

I've quickly gone through Young Bard's posts, and his suspicion of BR seems genuine. It's a bit hard to tell Given that he hasn't posted that much, but he basically brought up the same argument as I used when I voted on BR last cycle, and his vote came early enough that the Lynch hadn't really been locked in against anyone yet.

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

On that note, good job getting one of the Forsaken everyone. I probably wouldn't have voted for BR, to be honest

really want to read too far into this, and assume that it was a distancing technique from BR, but thats too obvious, and you're Aman. But you would know that, and.... essentially this is either an IKYK, or just nothing at all :P

Edited by Droughtbringer

Hmm, I went back and reread D2, and yeah... BR voting on Rath would have been risky if they were both elims. On the other hand, it was right in the middle of the Snipexe Revolt... On yet the other hand though, it was during a lull in the conversation... I will for now retract my accusation on Rath, though I am still suspicious.

This is the post where Randuir announces to the thread that they are in the Fielders doc. Devotary is already dead, and he says:

"I'm not too worried about sharing this as I suspect at least one person in the doc is evil, and I haven't really been hiding my identity in the doc."

again as of the moment, Devotary was dead, so if there were only 3 people in the doc total, the other would have been Ark.  Saying that at least 1 of the players in the doc would be implying that there are 2 (at least) players other than youself in the doc.  If there were only 2 including yourself, you probably would have said, "I suspect that someone in the doc is evil". Granted this all could have been an elaborate ploy to make us not know how many people are in the doc, but I just don't think that particularly likely.

Regardless, we know that there is 1 elim in the fielder doc. Due to them not voting to attack the creature. (I will stay adamant there will not be more than 1 though due to role analysis, and giving too much power to the elims...).  This will either be Randuir or a mystery person.

Randuir claimed to be able to figure out who this mystery person is, so I would encourage them to do so ASATAA (as soon as they are able... slightly slower version of ASAP)

The question to me in thread is 1 of 2 things:

1. They are telling the truth about a second person in doc, and were testing me. (Would be Village)

2. They were trying to get people to mislynch me.

I am fairly confident about it being the first though, because when Rath voted on me, he didnt switch to try to create a bandwagon, he waited until I posted my response, and just "casually" asked some questions.

Semi-ninja from Draught. (Semi because it looks like it was accidentally posted early. : )  )

Edited by Furamirionind
Some ambiguous meanings and misspellings in the text. I think those are corrected now.

Just a reminder that all players have a little over 4 hours to get orders in before the cycle closes.

Quickly (and lately) checking in. I haven't had time to do the full analysis on figuring out the false Emond's fielder. As I've got little reason to expect to survive this night, I'll quickly share everything I've got on them so others could use that info.

• Has only read the first bit of the eye of the world (fairly certain about this one, it was worked naturally into a very early situation which involved a bit of RP and them missing an obvious reference to the winds starting off every book).
  • Wasn't active in the doc for N1, but was active all other cycles.
  • Checks in late in the cycle (suggesting either a USA time zone, or an attempt to fake one).

Anything else would involve copying quotes from them from the doc, which I'm fairly certain I'm not allowed to do. Still, the above info could reduce the field of suspects significantly, but keep in mind that some of ti could be faked or staged (though I feel fairly confident about their lack of knowledge of WoT).

This is when it really sucks Perrin died so early. Well, here's to hoping that whoever named the Creature of Aginor is right, and the Green Man is active and protecting tonight. But anyway, hope we can use that info to track them down at some point.

@randuir if you are on, can you tell us what the reference was about? I have cleared people who did so little as reference a Gleeman before now, and you learn what they are in like... the first chapter or something... So if they have started reading WoT in anyway, we need to expand the list of who could be in that doc.

From yesterday, I assumed that the people who could be in that doc based purely around knowledge of WoT are as follows:

Steeldancer, CadCom, Drought, Bard, Fura, and BR.

This list can now be changed to:

Steeldancer, CadCom, Drought.

I think it relatively safe to assume one of these three are an elim.

CadCom:

Placed the second vote on BR. Granted, it was after I had already said I was for lynching her, but I was threatening to lynch 3 different players... so it may have been a bit early for elim!CadCom to commit to that bus.
The interesting thing is that CadCom was implying N3 that if it was still D3, he would probably vote to lynch BR.  This makes me lean village on them.

Steeldancer:

Has actually been a lot more active than I remember... With an average posts/turn of 1.75. Granted, none of these posts were more than a couple sentences long.
Went after Bard D2, D3 went after Rath claiming that Rath turned him towards Bard in the first place... However, if anyone turned Steel on Bard, it was MrDoctor.  Took a while for Steel to get off of bard, but this could very well be due to not having time to read the thread... idk.

Drought:

Activity has also been much higher than I remember, with 1.25 posts/turn.

Questions Bard's tunnel on BR. Not in a particularly suspicious manor, but worth noting.

In their defense, they did solidify the lynch on BR, however, it was relatively late in the cycle (3 hours before rollover), and Randuir and myself were pushing the lynch.  I also implied that if BR flips elim, Rath also might.  This could have been hoping I would tunnel on village!Rath D5.

EDIT: CORRECTION: Drought didn't solidify the lynch. The order of people voting to lynch BR was:

Randiur, CadCom, Fura, Karn, Drought

Edited by Furamirionind

“Get the new soldier fitted in liv’ry!”
The captain said to the new “deliv’ry.”
Jancey was his name
He wasn’t the same
For in fighting his spirit was shiv’ry

But his intuition proved itself keen
From the beginning he’d claimed that he’d seen
A Darkfriend within
Yet thinking him dim
Others thought Jancey himself was unclean

After three days of frequent complaining
Fifi was questioned, with Jancey claiming
“Forsaken is she!”
And then they did see
The fair mask under which she’d been feigning

Yet once the Forsaken was nearly dead
Between both rivalry came to a head
As Jancey stabbed her
Fifi gasped, “You cur,
I’ll have Aginor kill you in my stead!”

Neither watch nor alarm nor the wolf’s howl
Could stop Darkfriends from taking up the prowl
O’er Jancey in tent
Was sung a lament
For a young life cut short by play most foul.

A Brief Eulogy For the Fourth and Fifth Rings

Author: The Green Man

“…”

Please thank the Green Man for his extensive commentary on this matter. We’ll see him at the Sixth Ring! Hey, at least that first nasty-looking creature bounced off the wall he set up trying to kill one of those Eastern people.

Day 5 has begun! It will end in 23 hours’ time at 21:00 EST, or 2 AM GMT,  December the 16th.

Young Bard was killed! He was a Fal Dara Warrior.

Hemalurgic Headshot was attacked, but the attack was deflected.

STINK has been pinch-hit by A Joe in the Bush! Please welcome Joe. Everyone else, please maintain a good level of activity. I understand it’s difficult with finals and holidays and busy lives, but a more active populace makes for a better game.

The Eye has 36 health remaining. The current layer of defence has 6 health remaining, and is the Sixth Ring. The Blight is currently attacking for 10.

Two Creepers of the Blight have appeared! Their names are Nailicis and Nogard, and they will Send Runner N6 unless stopped. Screwtape is still alive, and will Send Runner D6 unless stopped. In addition, Wormwood is still alive, and will Send Runner N5 unless stopped.

Poxx has Sent Runner, and is now dead.

Randuir IsRand will continue attacking people tonight unless stopped. As will his new Creature friend, BrEn Memorium, which has now appeared.

There is a lynch today. 

Emond’s Fielders Message:

Spoiler

Don’t know if there’s much purpose for this anymore, since Randuir will probably just share anything I share with him with the thread, But I want to publicly apologize to Ark. I saw too good of an opportunity to play with some irony when I saw that he wanted to post nothing but a scream.

Please remember that PMs are closed.

1. Steeldancer (Ookla the Positive) as Ookla the Positive, an orphan with a cheery outlook on life.
2. randuir as Evelyn, an Aiel Wise Woman and well-wisher
3. Karnatheon (Ookla the Ring) as Brendan Vallerune, a gleeman totally unrelated to Jeordwyn
4. Cadmium Compounder (Ookla the Duck) as Miumpounder, a cobbler with an abiding hatred of Altarans
5. xinoehp512 (Ookla the Phoenix) as Alkoo, a reclusive Ogier tucked away in encyclopaedias Roleless

6. Amanuensis as Nikel Fain, a man hell-bent on killing his father (totally normal)
7. Droughtbringer as Month-Long Drought, a prickly old noblewoman who only eats dried fruit
8. Rathmaskal as Jeordwyn Dormond, an Illianer gleeman who juggles knives through his enemies
9. Devotary of Spontaneity (Ookla the Heretical) as Rhodin, a countercultural Aiel whose views are about to go mainstreamPerrin Aybara, Emond’s Fielder

10. Young Bard (Ookla the Unprepared) as Jancey, a reluctant soldier who signed up to obey his father’s will Warrior of Fal Dara

11. Mark IV as Lars, an inquisitive young nobleman
12. Snipexe (Ookla the Sceptical) as Exepins, a scribe who will eventually admit to the superiority of British spellings Hardy Fal Dara Warrior

13. Furamirionind as Keisa, a grizzled veteran of the Borderland Wars, with a scar on his forehead to show for it
14. Hemalurgic Headshot (Ookla of the East) as Skern Mundy, a man from the East with many skills
15. Ark1002 (Ookla the Dragon Reborn) as Shifting Shadows, a shifty, shadowy Wolfbrother Emond’s Fielder; Fal Dara Warrior
16. A Joe in a Bush, a formless thread in the Pattern with less than 24 hours to identify himself before the Creator does
17. MetaTerminal (Ookla the Cited) as Elak Dehlin, a merchant with severe paranoia about the One Power Moiraine’s Circle

18. BrightnessRadiant as Fifi Balthamel

19. Mr Doctor as Antor Vadenfort, a Illianer Warder without an Aes Sedai
20. Sart as Shirley U. Jest, a Cairhienen noblewoman who takes life far too seriously

Good luck to all!

HH confirmed not elim (is either Rand and was protected, or good player targeted by the creature)

Fielder admits to being an elim, and implies that they are not Randuir (can't technically confirm though)
I actually find the Fielder comment a bit strange... There is nothing to stop them from apologizing after the game is over, they also don't have to admit being a second player in the doc, as there was no way to confirm... And as we knew that there was an elim in there, it could have been Randuir... This opens up some suspicions that I haven't had in a couple turns...

The fact that 2 people were attacked, AND a creature was summoned means that the elims have at least 1 Agent of Blight. That means probably 4 elims total, 3 more to go.

@randuir you said you could figure out who was in your doc by analyzing their speech patterns? I look forward to hearing your conclusion.  I have my own suspicions, but I need some more time to think on them... (especially with less info than what you have)

I also want to hear some analysis from @Droughtbringer.

DroughtBringer

I forgot when I made that post that I was rushed in making the linked post. So I will repost why I am suspicious of Drought in a little bit.

Edited by Furamirionind
added after line

HALLELUJAH ITS OVER! I aced my american heritage final, and my date was a success. I do have more finals, but they shouldn't be such a drain on my activity, therefore the only potential issue I see in the future is a possible funeral, and that would be a one day thing. With that, I declare my return to activity!
So, with that admission in the write up, that could be another eliminator we could take down.
Also, um, there are a lot of critters stacking up? I know somebody has been attacking them (I think that's Rand, right? It's been at least a week since I looked at the rules), but is there ANY other way to kill them? Plus all those guys do damage to the rings (which, honestly, I still don't exactly know what's going on with that, or why we need to keep them running, even though I assume rings falling is bad). ANYWAY, I WILL do analysis this turn! Probably. I'm not doing much else tomorrow, and it should allow me to actually catch up on what's been said, because I've only really been reading the writeups. And I'll reread the rules to figure out what's going on with the rings and with these critters. Some balefire would be useful about now.

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Positive said:

HALLELUJAH ITS OVER! I aced my american heritage final, and my date was a success. I do have more finals, but they shouldn't be such a drain on my activity, therefore the only potential issue I see in the future is a possible funeral, and that would be a one day thing. With that, I declare my return to activity!
So, with that admission in the write up, that could be another eliminator we could take down.
Also, um, there are a lot of critters stacking up? I know somebody has been attacking them (I think that's Rand, right? It's been at least a week since I looked at the rules), but is there ANY other way to kill them? Plus all those guys do damage to the rings (which, honestly, I still don't exactly know what's going on with that, or why we need to keep them running, even though I assume rings falling is bad). ANYWAY, I WILL do analysis this turn! Probably. I'm not doing much else tomorrow, and it should allow me to actually catch up on what's been said, because I've only really been reading the writeups. And I'll reread the rules to figure out what's going on with the rings and with these critters. Some balefire would be useful about now.

Yay, welcome Steel! (And Joe, forgot to welcome you in my original post)

Randuir isRand should die today... But yeah, the village is still in trouble from the 2 kills per cycle from the elims (three/cycle starting N6 if we don't kill another elim)
Rand is the only killing role left to us as the Fielders doc has been compromised... There is no other way to kill NPCs other than Rand right now...

Though I don't know what you mean by "balefire" if you have any questions or if there is any way to help speed you up with reading the thread, let us know, and someone will say something. (but if it isn't from me, don't trust them ;) )

@Mark IV I thought I tagged you in my last post... But idk what happened... From what I can tell, your last post was during N3, so this is the third turn. Hopefully you will be able to make it on before rollover.  I am also curious about what thoughts and/or suspicions you might have right now.

EDIT: This is the new creature's name: "BrEn Memorium". Does this mean anything to anyone? Br possibly being Brightness Radiant, but what confuses me is the capitalization... This may just be me, but when coding, you  often smash words together, and to tell them apart, you capitalize the first letter of each word. Normally the first letter overall isn't capitalized, but that is what this makes me think of...

Edited by Furamirionind

@FuramirionindThe reference I was talking about referred to how every book (or at least the first couple) starts with a variation on this: "The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass. In one age, called the Third Age by many, a wind arose in the Blight. The wind was not a beginning; there are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning." I made an allusion to it in an RP exchange with the false fielder, and the false fielder claimed to be unsure if this  if this was a reference or not because they'd only read the first 100 pages of th eye of the world.

I'm like 58% certain it's one of Steeldancer or Droughtbringer, but leaning towards Droughtbringer of the two. Overall writing style seems to match (but it's not a particularly strong match as I haven't found anything that seems particular to a specific person). I'm worried about not being dead though, as it suggests that the false fielder isn't particularly worried about me figuring them out.

Unfortunately, I'll still be pretty busy today. I'll try to make some time for some more analysis later, but I'm afraid I can't make any promises.

Edit: Everyone, please remember your defense actions. Last night's effective defense was only 3, which is way less than it should/could have been

Edited by randuir

7 minutes ago, randuir said:

I'm worried about not being dead though, as it suggests that the false fielder isn't particularly worried about me figuring them out.

Hmm, I think that the elims will be looking for Rand/Green man now... If they can find and kill both roles, they have a pretty straight shot to victory right now.  But that kind of reference technically would mean that even several people that I semi-cleared earlier, could still be the person in that doc.

Are you going to vote?

EDIT: Moiraine, make sure to use vote manip today.  You will either hard clear a villager, or confirm an elim today because of the ring.

Edited by Furamirionind

3 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Are you going to vote?

Yes, but not right now. I will be back before the end of the cycle and hopefully will be able to do some analysis before placing my vote.

First chunk of a post that I'll finish tomorrow.

Steeldancer

Has been busy with studying, so there’s not much to read, but last Cycle he made a good point about contextualising posts. He also said that Bard was cleared, and Bard just died. That makes sense if the Elims are targeting people more likely to be construed as Villagers. He voted for Rath in Day 3 following randuir’s vote on Rath, but didn’t provide any context other than the fact that Rath “pointed him at Bard”. Notably, he’s reacted more excitably to the death of Snipexe and BR than most players would. That may just be his personality, but it’s something that I’m going to watch.

Randuir

One of the most active players here, which makes it difficult to summarise what he’s been doing and saying. He was the first one to throw a vote on BR which resulted in her lynch. It’s possible that this was a bus because BR was less active and randuir considered it more value to make himself trusted by the Village than have her be replaced by another player. I doubt that, though. Balthamel is powerful, and even when inactive, that role is still usable by the other Elims. I think that alone could clear randuir. He’s also expressed a desire to lynch Drought for placing the final vote on BR, which isn’t unreasonable. Accurately read Bard as Village (in a slightly roundabout way, but a read is a read).

As an aside, it’d be basically impossible to force the Village to lynch randuir, which leaves me with curiosity about why randuir is even still alive. The Elims have killed Xinoehp, Ark, and Bard. All of these were not especially active players like Furari, Karnatheon, and randuir were. So the Elims are either playing this suboptimally or are trying to whittle down inactive players because they’d want a more sporting game. Do more experienced players want to weigh in and list who they think would want that to happen?

I'll discuss these players tomorrow: Furamirionind, Karnatheon, Rathmaskal, Droughtbringer, Sart.

Apologies for my sporadic activity.

Due to the increasing number of critters bustling about (which I am aware of firsthand), I can conclude that at least Aginor is active *enough*. Perhaps not in-thread posting, but submitting actions and likely talking up the docs. 

Of course, the nasty folk don’t all have powers, and I’m not sure how to dicepher their activity. 

However, *takes deep breath* there is the nearly certain chance that one of the active players is a Darkfriend or one of the corrupt minions of the Dark One Himself. My list of such players includes (and might be limited to) Randuir, Fura, and Mr Doctor. And Aman, let’s not forget him.

Now you may ask, “but Mr. Mundy! All these people seem like villagers? Why you hatin’ on them?” Well, I wouldn’t be so trusting if I were you. Activity and discussion is an age-old trick of appearing village. And don’t let the veterancy of Randuir or Aman delude you; both are devious and could be fooling us the whole time... 

That only covers Aginor, and I’m sure that if I went back and did some vote analysis I could narrow down my suspects, but there are still other Darkfriends around. Somewhere.

Aginor just needs to be alive for them to have access to the creature summon. He doesn't have to perform it himself. Aginor could be the most inactive person in the game for all we know. Or they could be one of the most active.

I know I'm not one to talk, but the turn is about halfway over (if my math is right) and there's only one vote. I'm not really sure about Drought, @Furamirionind, can you explain to me why you're voting for him? Unless it's literally just because you want analysis from him, in which case, you should probably be voting for me, too :P to preempt that, though, I'm going to look over what little notes I've taken of the game so far and recontextualize my original reads with what's happened since.

EDIT:

OH! OH OH OH! I HAVE A LEAD!

There were a total of 5 Warriors of Fal Dara in the beginning. With the deaths of Snip, Kidpen and Bard, it's now just two! The other one is Mark, who's claimed in thread already. I had completely forgotten about the doc, if I'm honest, and neglected it the last couple turns, but I just checked it and found him asking if I'm evil. I'm not, so I figured I should bring this info out here to see what people think. Is it likely there's an elim among the Fal Dara Warriors? If so, then it's most definitely him.

EDIT2:

Ah, I just read Fura's last post of the previous turn. So if I understand it correctly, Drought sorta weakly defended BR from Bard and he was the last person to vote for BR? Not exactly strong reasoning if I'm honest, but I intend to look over all his posts and see if I can glean anything else. IIRC, I was a bit suspicious of Mark for reasons in the beginning already, so I'll look over his stuff too. HH is basically cleared since I don't think the elims could arrange a WGG in this game, CadCom, Fura and Karn all look good because of their votes on BR (and in the case of the last two I've been reading them as village consistently, anyway), and Rath looks village as well due to BR voting on him earlier. Of Steel, randuir, Stink!Joe, Mr Doctor and Sart... I'm honestly not sure. My gut didn't like most of them in the beginning, minus Stink!Joe and Sart because I can't remember a thing they've said or done.

Edited by Amanuensis

4 hours ago, Ookla the Ring said:

Aginor just needs to be alive for them to have access to the creature summon. He doesn't have to perform it himself. Aginor could be the most inactive person in the game for all we know. Or they could be one of the most active.

I was not aware of this. There goes my plan, down the drain.