Lurker looking to become a part of the community

Ashaman_Wade

Hello, 

I'm a long time consumer of theories and content on this 17th shard. I got started with WoT and Theoryland but was a high school senior when RJ passed and never felt like I had enough to offer the internet. I'm starting to just jump in on a lot of storm light topics.

Then while waiting for a memory of light I read mistborn, elantris, war breaker and way of kings. I am all caught up on cosmere works with SA being my favorite, because of how he has nailed my personal battles with Mental illness. It was like a piece of me had been awakened and I have been forcing these books into as many people as possible since then. 

Where do I ask for dragon steel, aether, and all other unreleased material? Where can I learn the subtleness of the scadrial magic system? I have read all 6.5 mistborn books and cant talk about it as fluently as I have seen some.

Thank you all, I genuinely love this online community and just want to be a part of it. 

Dragonsteel you have to go to the library in person for, aether there should be a thread in unpublished books, and for white sand prose you have to email Brandon. Any other unreleased works are either unavailable or on Brandon’s site.

In regards to Scandrian Magic, just go ahead and post your thoughts any way. If you’re really concerned, the coppermind (coppermind.net) likely has most of not all of the info you seek.

Of SA what’s your favorite book and Would you like a cookie?

Welcome!

Unpublished Works:

• Aether of Night - Post in this thread in the Aether board and you'll be sent the document
  • White Sand - Sign up for Brandon's newsletter and they'll send you a link.  They might be having some issues with this at the moment.  
  • Dragonsteel - The full version is only available at the BYU library.  Some sample chapters (the Bridge Four sequence) are available on Brandon's website.  
  • Liar of Partinel - There's a chapter available somewhere on Brandon's website

Mistborn

2 hours ago, Ookla the Skeptical said:

Of SA what’s your favorite book and Would you like a cookie?

Kaladin and Renarin are my favorite characters. Kaladin is just the best, with his achy breaky heart and a supporting crew that could take over the world.. Renarin is the most intriguing. 

I'm a diet, sorry but I must not, upon advice. 

Logic and reason have no place when it comes to cookies. Should you logically eat an entire box of cookies? Probably not, but you should do it anyway because cookies are amazing.
(Apologies for hijacking your intro thread @Ashaman_Wade but you did say you wanted to be a part of the community and this is a part of it that has been going on for a long time :P)

That's not logic, asserting that something is good because it is amazing is tautological.

Which is fine with me because I still get cookies, but it's not founded in logic. It's founded in a love of cookies.
:)

QED
(That which was to be delicious)

As the god of justice I assert that it is both just and right to eat these influenced cookies because if a person died making those cookies, the least you can do is appreciate their work and eat it.  Also, I can't figure out who you are @Ookla the [your choice].  And @Ashaman_Wade, welcome to the forums, and you should come on over to the alleyverse (things would make a lot more sense here if you did).

*ate the cookie 4 replies ago. 

Where is it supposed to hurt?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

Can you really trust someone who tells you to avoid a cookie? Plus these cookies give you superpowers, it's worth some minor damage to your soul.

Anyway welcome to the forums!

My ring finger toe on the left part of my soul hurts when it rains; or is it just more forebodeing added on to my already natural state of foreboding?

That's perfectly normal. If you manifest any Allomantic abilities or the ability to absorb Stormlight, do let us know. :D 

You may also begin hearing the personification of entropy and destruction begin whispering to you in your mind if he wasn't already, just ignore him. He's probably harmless.

As long as everyone else is doing it, I'm all in coach. 

However, my favorite book is Oathbringer because I love the journey. Still love adolin. 

Where is an appropriate thread to ship gawx and adolin as a teacher of commanding the courts and adolin just being a bro while training with Lift. Just the dynamic and likelihood. It would be funny. Especially if its established off screen and we kind of come in and Gawx is seriously taking pointers from adolin and shallow with Lift coming in with a bad one. Sometimes kaladin would be a part of it. Lift just bringing Gawx out to radiant meetings. 

Adolin training fighting an edge dancer savant fused. I don't think him becoming edge dancer could happen offscreen if it ever happens. Could it?

Anyways, the Gawx and adolin ship, where would that go?

Edited by Ashaman_Wade
Phone correct

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

I'm not entirely sure if we have a dedicated shipping thread, but probably just a new thread in the SA subforum

Ok, I will. Thanks. 

However, at far as new friendships we might see, I'd like gawx to get more growth. Plus, the evening radiant hangouts are getting larger and may turn into some form of the nobilities parties. All the power and prestige with all the peoples worship. Who wouldn't want to attend these gallahs of might and self journeying. 

10 hours ago, Ookla the spearman said:

Also, I can't figure out who you are @Ookla the [your choice].

That's kind of sad. I'd think it would be obvious. Who else spends so much time trying to save innocent souls from spiked cookies?

9 hours ago, Ashaman_Wade said:

*ate the cookie 4 replies ago. 

*cries*

Why? Why?

I just believe in experiencing everything for the One, not everybody can eat cookies so I must when i can. Also, what is an Ookla, why are there so many and your choice... are you secretly Verin? Everyone on the shard is Verin until proven otherwise to me. 

How do I put spoilers in? When are spoilers going to be an issue here?

32 minutes ago, Ashaman_Wade said:

I just believe in experiencing everything for the One, not everybody can eat cookies so I must when i can. Also, what is an Ookla, why are there so many and your choice... are you secretly Verin? Everyone on the shard is Verin until proven otherwise to me. 

How do I put spoilers in? When are spoilers going to be an issue here?

The Ookla thing is in honor of Brandon's and Peter's (his assistant) birthdays.  People change their name to Ookla of [something] as an homage.  It's a pretty confusing month, especially for new members.  

Spoilers boxes can be inserted by clicking on the "eye" icon at the top of the text editor.  See the Forum Rules for a detailed explanation, but basically try to keep spoilers in their own board (e.g. Mistborn book spoilers in the Mistborn board) or Cosmere Discussion.  When posting a spoiler in a different work's board (e.g. Mistborn spoiler in a Stormlight thread), that's when you would use a spoiler box.  

On 11/27/2018 at 7:57 AM, Ookla the [your choice] said:

That's kind of sad. I'd think it would be obvious. Who else spends so much time trying to save innocent souls from spiked cookies?

Other than archer, I wouldn't know.  I'm not familiar with most TUBA members.  Looks like you just lost another cause though.

15 hours ago, Ookla the spearman said:

Other than archer, I wouldn't know.  I'm not familiar with most TUBA members.  Looks like you just lost another cause though.

You know who I am. Seriously. This is really sad. Have I not imprinted on your memory noticeably enough? :( ...maybe you just didn't know I was TUBA.