I made more Stormlight music

Stormwatcher

Awesome! I really loved this, great work. The title gave away what it was about, but throughout the song I still imagined different parts of it to be different things, forgive me if I’m totally wrong.

So, I felt the long beginning part was sad and slow and reflective, I thought this was Maya (the deadeye)’s passing of hands as a Shardblade since the Recreance. How so many people used her as a Blade even though she was dead. Quite sad.

When it starts to pickup and get more fast paced I thought that would be the point in Maya’s history where she’s given to Adolin, who uses her well and for his own thrill and he fights well with her.

I felt the drop after that was him suddenly realizing he’d actually been using a deadeyes after all this time, maybe guilt.

The pick-up from there was incredible. I imagined that as him fighting with Maya in:

(OB spoilers)

Spoiler

The battle of Thaylen Field. Right at 3.44 it feels like that’s the moment Maya tells Adolin her name, the first semblance of life, and then it gets better.

This stuff may have not happened, but I’m imagining the drop after that to be the depression that even though she said something, she’s still dead.

And I thought the pick-up after that (5.05) was maybe Adolin finally reassurecting her. I really liked that.

Overall, amazing song! Good job.

Edited by I think I am here.

12 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Awesome! I really loved this, great work. The title gave away what it was about, but throughout the song I still imagined different parts of it to be different things, forgive me if I’m totally wrong.

So, I felt the long beginning part was sad and slow and reflective, I thought this was Maya (the deadeye)’s passing of hands as a Shardblade since the Recreance. How so many people used her as a Blade even though she was dead. Quite sad.

When it starts to pickup and get more fast paced I thought that would be the point in Maya’s history where she’s given to Adolin, who uses her well and for his own thrill and he fights well with her.

I felt the drop after that was him suddenly realizing he’d actually been using a deadeyes after all this time, maybe guilt.

The pick-up from there was incredible. I imagined that as him fighting with Maya in:

(OB spoilers)

Hide contents

The battle of Thaylen Field. Right at 3.44 it feels like that’s the moment Maya tells Adolin her name, the first semblance of life, and then it gets better.

This stuff may have not happened, but I’m imagining the drop after that to be the depression that even though she said something, she’s still dead.

And I thought the pick-up after that (5.05) was maybe Adolin finally reassurecting her. I really liked that.

Overall, amazing song! Good job.

You got it right about the Battle of Thaylen!
The rest is not what I ment but I really liked you'r version so thank you ^_^