What's Your Ajah?

KChan

117 members have voted

1. 1. You have been raised. Choose an Ajah:

So, in my Wheel of Time journey, I've always been fascinated by the Aes Sedai. Frustrated, sometimes, but fascinated nonetheless. Here we have an organization of powerful women - in more ways than one - who shape the events of the world. But at the same time, they're still human - perhaps more so than even they themselves would prefer to admit.

So. That said, one of the questions that often comes up in my discussions with other WoT fans is: which Ajah would you choose? Even my male friends get in on it, pretending for the sake of conversation that Asha'man had Ajahs as well.

For me, it's a tossup between Green and Brown. On one hand, I'm a total bookworm and can easily spend all day reading. But on the other, I'm extremely active. I teach martial arts, I like guns (when used responsibly, of course), and of course, there's the requisite (and somewhat stereotypical) liking of men. I've always got along better with men in general than I have with women, and many of the female friends I do have also get along with men better. I have a temper, though it's not always easy to bring out. That said, many of my WoT friends have told me that they always saw me as a Green, so in the end, that tipped the scales for me.

What about you guys? What's your Ajah, and why?

Brown or White for me, though with the next Age coming, there should be a new one for invention and experimentation, or even the devolution of the Tower and the Ajah's into the Academies and stuff. Centralised doesn't work, as we've seen they just become insular and bad.

there should be a new one for invention and experimentation

I've often thought that there should be a "techician's Ajah", now that there are a few more people able to make angreal and such. Not sure what color would be used. In this world, I'd lean towards silver, but I don't know that that color would make sense in their world. (Kinda like our "healer" color is red [or white, depending] and theirs is yellow, our law-enforcement is blue, theirs is red, etc.)

I'd probably be Green, with strong Brown tendencies. Battle-Poet?

I've often thought that there should be a "techician's Ajah", now that there are a few more people able to make angreal and such. Not sure what color would be used. In this world, I'd lean towards silver, but I don't know that that color would make sense in their world.
Yeah, that's the only other Ajah I can think of that I'd go for. I've heard Violet used for that idea before, now I think about it.

Brown seems to be a pretty popular one. Guess it makes sense, considering we learned everything we know about WoT by reading books...

Yeah, I think there's an RP somewhere around the internet that has a Violet Ajah. Of course, that could also become the domain of the Browns, though they might also keep it where it depends on who has the Talent, no matter their Ajah, sort of how the rebel Aes Sedai used anyone and everyone with the requisite strength in Earth to make cuendillar.

As for the Tower becoming so isolated, I think that's exactly what Egwene is trying to address with her recent idea. I wonder if we'll ever find out how that pans out?

I'm also curious to see what's going to happen to the Reds. Perhaps they'll become the liaisons between the Black and White Towers?

Because the Black Ajah doesn't exist, silly! ;) At least if you ask any self-respecting Aes Sedai before a certain point in time. I was actually wondering when someone was going to bring that up. XD Also, even Blacks had to choose one of the main seven, so :P

I wonder if its possible to sustain a purposeful 'evil' branch in public, just so they can be kept in check... lol

That is sort of what J. K. Rowling did with Slytherin... Of course, I think the Black Ajah is a liiiittle more seriously evil than that. :P

Such an interesting discussion on the new Ajah....

I ultimately choose Yellow, every time, because I think that's the Ajah I would most enjoy and be compatible with.... However, I would like being Green to some degree, and Brown even more so.

But I guess my nurturing nature (hahaha >.>) just wins out, in the end. I've always enjoyed any job that involved helping people, and healing, whether emotional or physical, is something I love to help facilitate in anyone, if I can. I love seeing people happy and well. :)

• 1 month later...

hmm.. it's a hard choice.. I know I wouldn't want to be Grey or Red, and I'm not really driven to change the world (Blue). I'm a total bookworm, but I'm not super scholarly so Brown doesn't seem a good fit, although I am currently applying to PhD programs... =p

In the end, probably a toss up between Green (BATTLE!!) and White. I know, that seems contradictory, passion vs. cold, hard, logic? I'm a very logical person, but there are a few things I'm VERY passionate about. I just feel that if i had the One Power, I would train myself to battle or heal, it just seems logical to do so ;) . So I guess Yellow's cool too.

@leinton WOOT for Dragonlance reference! Red Robes!! It's the 'gateway robes' to Black.

• 2 weeks later...

What? Nobody's voted for Red? I'm disappointed. :P

It's kinda like choosing a House at Hogwarts. Nobody goes for Slytherin...

Well, unless you see the virtues of their cause...

I dont think many men would go for it, considering the whole premise of it... and I can count at least 3 of our female members (which must be a significant percentage, given that this is the internet; see Rule 30) are under contract.... anyway anything goes... lol

• 3 weeks later...