WoR Tweak Mechanic Confusion

TheEdgedancer

Hello all again. I have not come to revive the debate over Kaladin killing Szeth or not. I have come to ask afew question I was confused about, and when I looked over 17th Shard, I couldn't find them answered.

How does Nale revive Szeth-son-Neturo?

We already know that bonding live spren can allow you to heal with Stormlight, so, can bonding deadeye spren (dead Shardblades) allow you to heal with Stormlight or not?

Can you heal yourself using Stormlight in an Honorblade bond? If yes, why does Szeth-son-Neturo say that you can't in the WoK Prologue?

8 minutes ago, TheEdgedancer said:

Hello all again. I have not come to revive the debate over Kaladin killing Szeth or not. I have come to ask afew question I was confused about, and when I looked over 17th Shard, I couldn't find them answered.

How does Nale revive Szeth-son-Neturo?

We already know that bonding live spren can allow you to heal with Stormlight, so, can bonding deadeye spren (dead Shardblades) allow you to heal with Stormlight or not?

Can you heal yourself using Stormlight in an Honorblade bond? If yes, why does Szeth-son-Neturo say that you can't in the WoK Prologue?

Nale revives Szeth-son-Neturo using a fabrial, likely one similar to the one used by the Radiant in Dalinar's vision (the one with the inky black things in WoK, where he defends his 'wife' and 'child' with a fire poker; not at home, and I've forgotten the name of chapter).  iirc, there's a WoB where Sanderson confirms this.  The timing of the use of the fabrial was purposeful, and close to not being successful.  Basically, Szeth died but his spirit hadn't yet left his body when Nale healed it.

Edgedancer novella spoiler

Spoiler

That's also affected the way that Lift sees him, and the reason why he seems 'out of phase' with himself just a bit.

There is no evidence to suggest that bonding with a dead Shardblade allows someone to use Stormlight at all, for healing or otherwhise.  An Honorblade, such as Szeth wielded, does allow the use of Stormlight, though.  He uses it to heal from a multitude of otherwise-deadly wounds even in the first prologue of WoK, after all.  What Szeth says about this is that he can't heal from damage done by Shardblades.  It's possible that he was wrong, or that Honorblades don't allow full healing, because Kaladin definitely heals from such a wound in his first duel against Szeth.

Edit: I'm really good at putting spoilers inside of spoilers inside of spoilers when I really didn't mean to.

Edited by kaellok

• Chaos locked this topic