Reod and Sel

Gavtyven

Okay so, time for my first real crackpot theory. 

We know, from the AU essays that Sel has been gaining a bit of sapience. What if the planet Sel itself caused the Reod, being unhappy with the Elantrians, and the way they were using their power? It would give the Reod more cosmere significance, and it would be interesting, compared to the few things we know about the humans who left Ashyn. As a planet, I could understand Sel not wanting to have something happen to it, and it might have intervened. 

15 hours ago, Gavtyven said:

Okay so, time for my first real crackpot theory. 

We know, from the AU essays that Sel has been gaining a bit of sapience. What if the planet Sel itself caused the Reod, being unhappy with the Elantrians, and the way they were using their power? It would give the Reod more cosmere significance, and it would be interesting, compared to the few things we know about the humans who left Ashyn. As a planet, I could understand Sel not wanting to have something happen to it, and it might have intervened. 

This is a very interesting theory, but what does it have to do with Ashyn?  

We actually know a lot about the humans who left Ashyn - Brandon's written about 4000 pages about them... ;)

2 minutes ago, Scion of the Mists said:

what does it have to do with Ashyn?

Ashyn was as far as we know destroyed by the humans and possibly their use of Investiture and Surgebinding. If It was fully Investiture-based, Sel might notice something similar happening to it, and want to put an end to it. 

2 hours ago, Gavtyven said:

Ashyn was as far as we know destroyed by the humans and possibly their use of Investiture and Surgebinding. If It was fully Investiture-based, Sel might notice something similar happening to it, and want to put an end to it. 

Ah, I see - a sentient Sel determining that Elantrians were possible a danger to it and taking action to remove their power.  I like it.  

• Chaos locked this topic