Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
signspace13

Aimians and Voidbringers

7 posts in this topic

This Theory focuses around the voidbringers and their apparent nature, it seems that the voidbringers we have seen so far are Parshendi/Listeners, that have bonded Voidspren. now this changes their likeness and even changes the way they see the world.

mistborn spoiler:

Not unlike what happened to marsh while he was an inquisitor for Ruin.

Now the Parshendi are able to bond the Voidspren because of there obvious closeness to the cognitive realm. In fact they depend on bonding an ordinary kind of spren to gain any form of sentience. The conclusion that this closeness to the cognitive realm is what makes them voidbringers has lead me to a separate theory.

And that is that the Parshendi were not the only race to get sucked into Odium's army during the desolations, I believe that the Aimian's are also capable of becoming voidbringers. I think this because in our only chapter that we see from an Aimian's perspective, Axies the collector, we see an obvious closeness to the cognitive realm in his ability to change his appearance with thought. I believe that some of the more dangerous voidbringers were actually Aimian's I say this because a Parshendi needs a spren to change it's form, an Aimian can do it at will (to a degree).

I also think that this is also the cause of the general dislike of Aimian's, I know that Axies says that it is just because they are different, but i think it is actually a dislike that has been built into Rosharan culture due to the Aimian's connection with the desolations.

well that's all I have, I would link quotes to Axies' chapter but i feel that the whole chapter is pretty relevant to my theory so if you want to investigate, just read it. 

Interesting theory, signspace. I think you may have something here. Aimians being able to manipulate their bodies could mean they can also be voidbringers. It does seem to imply close ties with the cognitive realm. However, the orders that are more tied to Cultivation (Lightweavers for example) also seem to have a close connection to the cognitive realm. So my personal opinion is that Aimians are of Cultivation. I don't have any real evidence for that; it's just a gut feeling.

The problem with trying to make theories about Aimains right now is how little we have to go on. There's one representative and a few lines throughout the series relating to them. Not much.

Even if your theory is wrong, I can imagine a similar thought occurring to the people of Roshar leading them to try to exterminate the Aimians.

I don't see how this works. With the Parshendi it's easy - blame it on the Voidspren. But the Aimians? Did they  one day just chose to not be Voidbringers anymore? Why didn't the remaining humans (and some Radiants) kill them to prevent them from fighting against humanity again? 

I don't see how this works. With the Parshendi it's easy - blame it on the Voidspren. But the Aimians? Did they  one day just chose to not be Voidbringers anymore? Why didn't the remaining humans (and some Radiants) kill them to prevent them from fighting against humanity again?

Axies mentions the scouring of Aimia, so it's possible that they did do so.

Axies permanently has a Cognitive realm shadow, pointing towards the light. Jasnah and Shallan have them when they enter Shadesmar. And from memory, Rysn refers to it as a "Voidbringer shadow," and hece identifies him as an Aimian.
Not conclusive evidence, but it does link the Cognitive realm and Voidbringers.

I don't remember any mention of Parshendi/parshman shadows behaving strangely. Maybe the Parshendi's minds are closer to the Cognitive, and the Aimians' bodies work similarly. That could mean they don't need a spren to become sentient, but they can be (forcefully?) bonded. We see a "corrupted spren" in one of Dalinar's vision, so I think in general Cognitive realm things are easier for Odium to influence.

That's a pretty neat idea. The Aimians are certainly very strange, and I have no doubt they are going to be quite important.

I like the idea that the parshendi and Amians were native to Roshar and then the human's fled their homeplanet with cultivation and honor when Odium showed up, then they kind of took over Roshar. The Parshendi and Aimian's then made a deal with the devil (Odium) to try and take their world back (and their spren, which fled them in exchange for man kind as mankind gave them sentience in the physical Realm.). This lead to the oathpact between honor and the Heralds, who were Ten kings from the Home world, making them not Native Rosharan as has been suggested.