Oh, yeah! That was fun! Don't worry, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Probably.

Georgia-Gretta felt her entire mind shift. She was green. She had seen the whole process, and she was no longer Gretta, she was Grace. Grace was the only one who over forcefully broke in, luckily rarely. Her posture changed, if there wasn't a physical difference, it was still a totally different person. She looked disdainfully at the clothes. They weren't her type, but she had work to do. She grabbed a pencil and paper off a gaurds corpse, drawing as she ran, duplicating Alask. She wrote what had happened, compared it it to a picture of him she had tooken without his knowledge. She was an artist, but a picture would have been better. She wished Gretta was smart enough to carry one. But this drawing was good enough. She grabbed a rat from the metal, she'd known it was there since she had entered the ship. She knew everyone's exact locations, and was ready. She wasn't here for friends. She was here for science. She took the rat, setting it on Alask, one of his dark tendrils touching it. She sat back, preparing to draw. Now what happens...

@Ookla the Guacless

Alask heard the story Lena told, unable to respond. He felt uncomfortable. He felt open. Vulnerable. He couldn’t move, couldn’t hide, and everyone could see the Shade, like he was some sort of museum attraction.

He continued listening, to the story of the witch and how she made the land infertile, and Lena ended the story there. That made Alask pause, then understand. There wasn’t a happy ending to every story.

That Georgia woman came again, and as she started sketching Alask he immediately felt vulnerable again, unable to move. I’m not an exhibit! He wanted to yell, but couldn’t.

The woman kept looking at Alask, sketching something. Taking a rat, she placed it near one of the shadow bits of darkness surrounding Alask. Against his will, the rat immediately began to wither, all of the flesh and muscles pulling to bone. All that was left was a fragile skeleton.

About Xino’s question, the Shade taking control is sort of like breaking a window. Technically, you could break a window whenever you feel like. But you’d have to be incredibly angry to actually do it. Similarly, the Shade could take control anytime over Alask, but it really only does so while it’s angry. So while the paralysis happens, the Shade’s anger would die down, and then it just wouldn’t feel angry enough to want to take control once the potion is over.

Edited by Ookla the Guacless

Oh no. Withering happens really fast. Though if she applies silver quick enough (read: super duper quick) it could reverse some damage.

Yeah, and it’s painful. Like agonising.

Alask didn’t like being examined, like he was some test subject. He’d been a test subject before. When they’d abducted him. Put the Shade in him. Of course, the blood shed from the Hemalurgy had caused him to kill his captors and escape. Here there was no such option.

As the Georgia woman edged closer, she moved her pinky towards one of the tendrils. No, don’t do that! He thought. Why would you do that! No!

As her pinky touched the tendril, Alask wanted to scream as the flesh seared and Ruined in an instant, the withering going all the way over the pinky, it would continue incredibly quickly over the hand and the body of she didn’t pull out.

As she was green, her mind didn't feel pain, but she knew what was happening, she pulled back, smiling. Her pinky would be ruined forever, and she had no silver. A bit of her hand was damaged to. But this was great. She documented it, sketching her hand. If only I had a camera.... Next, she wanted to see what it would do on something formerly alive. She was still paying attention to every minor detail, and she knew where a fly corpse was. She picked it up, and set it on him as well.

Georgia is fun because she isn't evil, per say, but she will ruin everything and doesn't have a conscience most of the time. Except one personality.

Georgia didn’t appear to have pain at the withering, and instead she smiled, getting a dead fly and putting it on Alask. He just wanted to run. He hated this.

As soon as the fly touched Alask it decomposed to a husk. The withering worked on most creatures, dead or alive, but has no effect against inanimate objects, like clothes.

She drew, grinning in a slightly maniacal way. Then she realized the best way to experiment. She had to get him moving. She smiled, pulling a knife out of her belt. There was a few advantages to Gretta. She began cutting her arm open, dripping it in front of Alask.

Mmm, nothing. I need something more... drastic. She smiled widely, enough her lips felt like they would split. She knew that one guard was still alive, barely. She smiled, drawing his corpse up. She proceeded to cut little slits in its arms. Let's see what this does....

25 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Mmm, nothing. I need something more... drastic. She smiled widely, enough her lips felt like they would split. She knew that one guard was still alive, barely. She smiled, drawing his corpse up. She proceeded to cut little slits in its arms. Let's see what this does....

Lena sat there and observed Georgia conduct her experiments. She wasn't sure if she should stop her, or let her go on, but she knew she had no intention to be the next one with her brains scattered on the floor. She kept her thoughts on the story, finally found a good way to go on. Maybe she would need it one day. It was only when Georgia brought a heavily injured guard over and cut him open as well, that she got up.

"Stop it."

She told the woman with a cold voice and got to her feet.

"Do you really want to die? He needs the shade to calm down, not have it enraged again and again."

Lena tried to look away from the blood, but there was so much, it was everywhere. Her stomach felt uneasy, and she so she focused on Georgia's eyes. Blood, so much blood. And it stank.

"Get the corpse out of the way and be done with it."

"Mmm. Fine." She pulled out a gun and shot the man through the head. Now, how to get rid of the bodies... She smiled, pulling them into a pile in an empty part of the plane. Then she hit them with a flamethrower, one she could barely lift. She walked away as their charred corpses burned.

Lena stared at the blood and the gore and then stumbeled to the side and vomited. She hated blood, it's smell it's colour-- everything. Her hands shook when she tried to open a bottle of water to clean her mouth. When she looked up again Georgia was gone, but after a short while the scent of burning flesh crawled through the plane. Lena leaned against a piece of cargo and closed her eyes, slowly counting to ten. Then she looked over at the shade and sighed. Hopefully he would calm down soon. But with the death of the guard, she had no idea how long it might take. She kept her eyes somewhere on the cargo, not on the blood, only occasionally on the shade. If she only knew a way to stop his rage, but she had absolutely no idea what might help. The only thing she was sure of, was the fact, that she didn't want to die.

"The armies of the white witch started to conquer the island. They erazed the monastry where those serving Aurium lived and a civil war started. Hunger and fear ruled the land, undead started to be a common sight at night. Jaara helped her people, but without her staff, her abilities to interact with the world were limited. It was during that time, that she sent visions to a group of brave fighters. She told them to find the seven pieces of her staff and to repair them. Those fighters were soon called the "children of light" because they fought for the light, because they fought for Jaara and for Onnurth. They left their homes and set out, travelled through the world to known and unknown countries and finally they managed to find all seven parts. It was only then, that they invited brave souls to Onnurth, friends they had met during their years of journey. The task was simple: repair the staff, bring hope back to island in the north. They discovered, that when the witch caged Aurium, she had lost a great deal of her power to keep him caged. In the end they repaired the staff, but they freed the power of the white witch in return. And even though they had strengthened Jaara, Aurium wouldn't fly to protect her people. Because his task was, to protect all the people of Onnurth, and that meant also those under control of Raggok."

Lena fell silent again, looked over at Alask, wondered if the poison would keep him paralized long enough.

"Would you prefer to hear about a mage or a warrior next? Or the children of light?"

She asked him, knowing he wouldn't answer. But it helped to sort her memories of the tale.

@Ookla the Guacless

Edited by Sorana

Alask listened to the story curiously as the Shade enraged at the bloodshed. It was a good story, contrary to what he believed before. Below, he began to wriggle his toes. That was good, he guessed.

Slowly, the Shade also started to calm down. It did appear to have some form of intelligence, opposed to what Alask had once believed. It had emotions.

Hey, Alask thought to it, mostly out of boredom. Do you hear me?

The continuous hum of anger wavered for a second, and then continued. Alask started. It could! At least, it could a bit.

One waver for ‘yes’, two wavers for ‘no’. Can you understand me?

The anger continued, but the Shade was notably less enraged than it had been prior. Suddenly, it’s throb died down in Alask’s spikes. Twice. In rapid succession.

Shadows! Alask thought. It could understand him. Alask’s mind whirred. But why? Perhaps this was something similar to the Nahel Bonds he had been hearing about.

As the Shade calmed till it no longer invaded his body, Alask felt the shadows go away, and subsequently, the paralysis begin to wear off. He couldn’t walk around, but he could move minor parts of his body, at least for now.

“Thanks,” he whispered, giving a thumbs up to Lena, then pointing to Georgia.

“And screw you.”

3 hours ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

“Thanks,” he whispered, giving a thumbs up to Lena, then pointing to Georgia.

Lena looked over and nodded curtly. She walked over to him, ready to catch him should he fall down while the poison wore off and observed how his ability to move slowly increased, making mental notes how strong a dose for him should be.

"If the blood is already spilled, that's fine?"

She inquired without looking at the mess Georgia left behind.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

“If the blood is already spilled, that's fine?"

Alask followed her look to what Georgia had done, and then nodded. “Yeah,” he said.

“It’s the action. If I enter a room with a flame, everything’s fine. It’s the act of kindling it or shedding it that causes... you know.”

Slowly, he began to stand up, still feeling a little bit stiff, leaning against the wall. “So much for keeping the Shade a secret,” he remarked. “How’s the heist going so far?”

30 minutes ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

“So much for keeping the Shade a secret,” he remarked. “How’s the heist going so far?”

"I have no idea. I've been here and told you a story. Though I have to admit I didn't even make it to my favourite character."

Shrugging she put her bag over her shoulder again.

"I would guess the guards are dead. Poisons are so much cleaner."

She stated and still tried to avoid looking at the blood and the gore.

"Why don't you sinmply get rid of it? Throw the spikes away and go on with whatever  life you had before?"

She asked and then added.

"I would start moving around slowly, carefully. Helps to keep your balance should not every part of your body recover at the same time. And maybe tell me if a part stays numb, doesn't happen often, but you never know."

Grinning she sorted her few remaining bottles. She definitly needed to brew another set. And more to paralize.

"Poisons are like children. Sometimes they act strangely."

Galvris walked in, and his jaw fell to the floor at the mess inside.  "What did you do!?" He demanded.  He turned to the woman who seemed in charge and said, "Are you still running a shipping business here?  Because if so, I need a quick shipping of weapons, preferably Aon inhanced.  Diagramist discount."

Is there a Diagramist discount?  I thought there would be since you're my second Ark.

@Ark1002

Edited by King Taravangian

On 19 December 2018 at 10:16 PM, Sorana said:

"Why don't you sinmply get rid of it? Throw the spikes away and go on with whatever  life you had before?"

She asked and then added.

"I would start moving around slowly, carefully. Helps to keep your balance should not every part of your body recover at the same time. And maybe tell me if a part stays numb, doesn't happen often, but you never know."

Grinning she sorted her few remaining bottles. She definitly needed to brew another set. And more to paralize.

"Poisons are like children. Sometimes they act strangely."

Alask heard Lena and leaned against the ship wall for balance, walking across the side of the ship. As he walked, he looked back. "I wish I could get rid of the spikes," he said.

"But even if I could heal from it if I got taken to a hospital, taking out a spike would mean bloodshed. And what's worse than a Shade tethered to a body? A Shade that's not. With the spikes removed, the Shade is free, and since taking out the spikes would mean bloodshed, the Shade would immediately go to a rage, killing whoever took out the spike and subsequently everyone around then, including me." He looked back. "Even the shady Hemalurgists I found in alleys told me I'm hopeless."

He arrived at the front of the ship. All of the guards appeared incapacitated for now. Looking to Zack, he called. They would've been approaching their destination about now, close to the Forge. Then, he and Nekorb would get off and the rest of the crew could sell the plane for a profit, as well as anything else they found in the ship.

"Hey," he said to Zack, exhausted more than anything. "How's the flight going?"

@Darth Woodrack

...I've fallen so behind...

Gonev blinked his eyes groggily. Rusts. Had he fallen asleep? It appeared so. Well that was awkward. He noticed Lena wave at him. He waved back and swallowed a yawn. Yep. He was pretty sure he'd spaced out real good.