Seeing that he was speaking to nobody in particular, Alum grabbed a small card and scribbled his details onto it.

“I assume someone will come round at some point to clean up the bodies,” he said, explaining to the glowing figure who needed some exposition. “My request and details are on here.” He tossed the card onto the ground. “Hopefully the cleanup crew is punctual.”

The card read: Two nicrosil spikes of large size in good condition required. Withdraw from Craftsmen account and deliver to Liebrarian guild. -Alum

On 11/12/2018 at 3:20 PM, Ookla the Guacless said:

Alask felt the plane shake as it took off, taking a deep breath. After a bit of flying, he spotted a large shape in the sky.

“The Alleyzon plane!” He said, pointing to it. “Now we’ve just got to intercept it.”

So, are we continuing this.

Seeing the plane, up ahead, Alask waited till the plane he was in was almost directly next to the Alleyzon plane.

“So, something I didn’t account for,” he said. “Was how exactly we’re going to get into the Alleyzon plane from here.”

5 hours ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

“So, something I didn’t account for,” he said. “Was how exactly we’re going to get into the Alleyzon plane from here.”

"No running."

Lena injected.

"And I'm not sure if you should come with us."

She told Alask with a pointed glance at the bloodied club Georgia was holding in her hands. She looked at the other plane, unsure if she wanted to go with the rest. This was suicide.

"Maybe we could threaten them?"

She asked, looking for another solution apart from jumping out of a freaking plane.

Alask heard what Lena said, but before he could answer the plane clanged onto the Alleyzon ship. Going out of the hatch and on top of the larger vehicle, Alask felt the air press against his face, his skin.

He found another hatch, closed, leading into the Alleyzon ship. “We need someone strong!” He yelled over the roaring hush of air. “To open this hatch!”

Just imagine some killer action music right now :P 

Alask ducked as the hatch sailed over his head with wide eyes and toppled over the side of the plane, looking towards the Georgia lady. “Well, that’s one problem dealt with!” He said, crawling to the open hatch against the wind.

“Everyone in!” He shouted and dropped inside the Alleyzon ship. It was remarkably warmer here than outside, and the walls were decorated by red.

Guards nearby jumped and looked towards Alask. “Hello,” He said, punching one. “C’mon!” He called upwards to his crew. “We need more people down here to fight!”

As Georgia continued swinging, Alask suddenly realised the imminent danger that was present, and not from the guards.

As he hurriedly made his way back through the ship, he accidentally bumped into Lena along the way. “Sorry,” whispered.  “You were right. Maybe being in a place where blood might be shed isn’t the best for me to be right now.”

But he had to help some way. Looking to the side, Alask picked up a fire extinguisher, and the next guards who came quickly got sprayed with the stuff.

“Zack,” he called up. He was the only one who could pilot the plane. “We need you now!”

@Darth Woodrack

Zack was busy with a trio of guards. He grabbed a beer mug from who knows where, and smashed it across one of the guards faces, slammed the bow across the second ones face, and hit the last underneath the jaw with his pistol. he then leaped over to the pilot seat and took control of the plane, by throwing the current pilot across the length of the plane.

Georgi-Gretta saw a last guard sneaking up behind Zack. She had put away her club. I do something. I strong. I SMASH. She leaned forward, grabbing the man by the back of his neck. Then she twisted, breaking the neck, blood spewing out onto the ground. "Hope you have strong stomachs."

Umm, were you planning to get the Shade out? Because I have no idea what to do now. :P I could have it activate on the plane, but then everyone would die. I could have Alask jump out of the plane (the Shade could survive the drop)  but then he wouldn’t be part of the heist. I couldn’t have Alask trap himself on the plane before activating, but I don’t know a place on the plane that would have someplace strong enough. I’m stuck.

And we're all dead... The shade can't discern between us and them, it will simply try to kill anything.

Are you sure you want to go through with this? If yes Lena will try to stop Alask. I have an idea that might work, though it depends a lot on how the whole "Shade spiked into a person" works in detail. But from what I've read so far, maybe Lena can stop him, without anybody jumping out of plane, and without the shade being able to kill everybody, and without Alask dying.

The last time the shade took over, it still used Alask's body. It changed the body, but it was still the body. So if we paralyze the body, so that it can't move/ signals by the brain don't reach the muscles the shade can take over, but won't be able to move around.

It depends on

1) how fundamentally the body gets changed

2) if the shade really depends on Alask's to be able to work

It's your call Itiah, it really depends on how the whole spiked-in shade works.

That's actually a really good idea. Regarding how much his body changes, it's mainly just an overall stat boost in everything, so he'll be really fast, strong, animal-like senses, and of course withering abilities and the obvious cosmetic changes. But yeah, that is clever, as the Shade does require Alask's body to do anything now that it's in him.

Trying out the fire extinguisher and watching Zack get in plane, Alask was just about to take out more guards when he suddenly dropped the fire extinguisher and looked to Georgia. A sense came over him, goosebumps riddling his arm and a chill washing over him. His breathing increased and his heart went up. Another Rule break? So early after the next one?

Knowing what was to come, Alask tried backing away, further and further down the large cargo plane, further away from anyone on the ship. It was better this way, but even now he knew it wouldn't help.

Going back, he shot Lena a glance, his eyes enough to convey what was happening. He tried fighting it, but more and more his arms were twitching against his will, translucent blackness began covering his body, and his eyes started flickering green, and then red...

24 minutes ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

Going back, he shot Lena a glance, his eyes enough to convey what was happening. He tried fighting it, but more and more his arms were twitching against his will, translucent blackness began covering his body, and his eyes started flickering green, and then red...

"Hope you have strong stomachs."
Lena turned to Georgia and saw the blood spilling on the ground. Hastily she looked away and pressed a hand to her mouth, retching. She stepped backwards, away from Georgia, away from the blood and tried hard to not vomit on the floor right here and now, when she noticed Alask. He was breathing hard, backed away further down the plane, father away from the rest of them. His eyes met hers, and she saw the same expression, she had seen in the Alleyzon building. Fear grabbed her insides and the blood was forgotten. They would die, they all would die. The shade, it wouldn't stop until they were all dead. She saw his arms twitching strangely, and froze over, her mind running in paniced cirles. She would die, she would die the same death those poor security guys had. Wither away until her flesh was black, her eyes sightless... Her flesh was black... the thought triggered something in her mind, flesh. That was it. His body. Alask's body was the key. She ran over, saw the translucent blackness creep over his body and pulled out a small bottle. She removed the cork and without allowing herself to think about what she was about to do, she stepped up to him, reached for his nose with her left hand to close it and pressed the bottle against his lips, tried to pour the contents in.
"Swallow Alask. You won't die."
she told him just as his eyes flickered red.

I felt like you might need/ want to react there, therefore she's still standing directly in front of Alask, touching him (not the best idea, I know ;) ).

3 hours ago, Sorana said:"Swallow Alask. You won't die."

Alask looked up and saw Lena pouring some liquid in his mouth. Dangerous. Hadn't she seen the Shade back at the building? This was dangerous, crazily dangerous. But he felt the liquid in his mouth, and he realised no matter what he did, everyone would die anyway, so who cared what this liquid did. Feeling almost all control being ripped from his body, Alask forced himself to swallow the liquid before he lost autonomy completely.

~~~

The transformation was complete.

It happened everytime the Shade got mad. It didn't like being mad. Of course, at any time the Shade could've ripped it's way to control Alask, any moment, but the occasions where people broke the Rules were really the only times the Shade cared to do so. It was so simple. Don't run at night. Don't kindle flame. Don't shed blood. So simple, and yet people broke them. They would pay.

As it felt tendrils of dark swarmed across it, seeing with its red eyes, featureless face, it stood up, growling, ready to pounce. It saw the woman in front. The Shade usually went after the original blood-shedder first, but this woman was in the way, almost too easy to wither. Still growing, it lunged at her.

Nothing happened. It tried to pounce again, but it couldn't move. The body wasn't responding.

~~~

You genius.

Alask watched as nothing happened. The Shade was in control, but nothing was happening. Paralysis. Lena had given him so,s sort of poison that restricted his movement, and if it affected Alask's body, it affected the Shade's too. Now, instead of massacring the entire ship, all Alask's Shade was doing was standing imposingly in a corner of it, tendrils waving but no actual body part moving. Alask hoped no one else would see this. Of course Lena had, but she'd also seen it at the building. Alask hoped no one else would stumble across and see him like this.

Gonev's back was pressed against a wall, praying his average-ness would make everyone overlook him. That was the hope at least. Otherwise he was good as dead. Gonev couldn't fight - he'd never learnt how and defintely didn't have the muscle. He was a pickpocket. This whole "let's beat people up" stuff wasn't his forte. No. He'd much rather swipe something off a table. Being in the air in a flying hunks of metal was scary already. He didn't know the mechanics of how they were staying in the air and fully expected to plummet any moment. 

So he just watched. And held in his nausea. Yep. He really wasn't the right type for this heist. Of that he was certain. 

Let's hope the shade calmed down until then. Because if it he didn't - nothing will stop it from attacking us.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

But he felt the liquid in his mouth, and he realised no matter what he did, everyone would die anyway, so who cared what this liquid did. Feeling almost all control being ripped from his body, Alask forced himself to swallow the liquid before he lost autonomy completely.

Lena saw Alask swallow and jumped backwards, stared at him wide-eyed, heart pounding in her chest. His features were completely swallowed by the shade, black tendrils forming around his body, his eyes glowing red. The shade seemed to prepare to lunge, and didn't move. Relief flooded through her and she sighed. Interesting, she needed to keep this in mind. And brew something that would work with skin contact and didn't need to be swallowed. She tried to guess his bodyweight, compared it with the amout of poison he had swallowed and nodded impressed. Maybe that shade was strengthening him, otherwise it was a wonder he was still standing. Following that line of thought she suddenly felt cold again. She had no idea, if his body's ability to neutralize poison was also higher than she was used to. If yes, then she had no idea how long he would stay like this. Lena pinched the bridge of her nose and tried to calculate based on the facts how long it could probably last. No idea. And she had no idea, how the poison would affect him once he was back to human, how much of it was left. And yet, she had just poisoned a shade - more or less. A satisfied grin spread on her face and she turned and walked away from the shade.

Two steps, then she hesitated, turned back to the shade, studied it again. Georgia was probably still punching people, and she had no real intention to throw up in front of everybody. But if she stayed here, she could observe how the poison affected him, maybe give him an antidote once the shade was gone. Shade or blood. Her grandmother had been right.. it was a creature that looked like it escaped a nightmare. And yet, she remembered Alask sobbing quietly after  he had killed all these strangers today. That made him a better person than she had ever been.

"Do you know what happens when you are like this?"

She asked him and then sat down in front of him.

"So I guess it would be better if you calmed down soon, since I have no idea when one of the others will stray back here and find you like this."

With a sigh she crossed her legs.

"My grandmother always told me a story when I was upset."

Placing her chin in her hands she thought about a good story. After a while she went with the first one that had come to her mind.

"Far away, in the north, there was an island called Onnurth. Onnurth was a cold, hard place to live, the winters so long and cold, that nobody managed to inhabit it the wohle year. Only some whale hunters stayed there, and only during the few warmer months. Jaara saw this, and she had mercy with those brave enough to face the dangerous and icy ocean to return year after year to the small huts they had built. And so she smiled on them and the island grew warmer, the winters less harsh and cold. They were still long, and dark and everything was covered with ice and snow, but it was possible to survive. After a while, a dragon arrived at the island, wanted to hunt there as well, as the settlements had grown. but Jaara stopped him, convinced him to stay and to protect her people. And since then, both Jaara and Aurium looked after those living on Onnurth. The people live a simple, but a happy life, live from the sea and by trading with those in the south.
But there can’t be light without a shadow, and Onnurth’s shadow is called Raggok. Raggok and her minion, the so called “white witch” because she controlled the winter, the ice started to fight against Jaara and Aurium. They managed to build a cage, to imprison Aurium and without his strength they were able to attack Jaara too. They splintered her most holy artifact, into seven parts and since then winter and death ruled over Onnurth. Brave souls fought against the undead raising at night, but it didn’t take long and most of the island was occupied. The white witch used the magic of the island to corrupt it, to poison the earth and render it infertile.”

Her voice trailed of as she tried to remember how the story had continued.