1 hour ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

“Your brother?” He inquired. “Or like nephew or cousin or something?”

Lena shook her head, evading his glance.

"My son."

She let the word hung there for a moment.

"He grows up with my grandmother. I try to visit him, when I can, but she doesn't want me anywhere near him. So mostly I try to earn some money, to support them."

Shaking her head she forced a smile on her face.

"It's alright I guess. He's better of without me."

Another lie she almost believed. She looked at him, quietly begging him to tell her he would keep quiet. Fear for the boy clear in her eyes. She had stepped on the toes of a lot of people, you did that when you robbed them.

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Another lie she almost believed. She looked at him, quietly begging him to tell her he would keep quiet. Fear for the boy clear in her eyes. She had stepped on the toes of a lot of people, you did that when you robbed them.

Lena shook her head. “My son,” she said.

Alask looked at the picture again, blinking. “Oh,” he said.

“He grows up with my grandmother.” She said. “I try to visit him, when I can, but she doesn't want me anywhere near him. So mostly I try to earn some money, to support them."

Alask nodded, understanding.

It's alright I guess. He's better off without me."

Alask listened, still looking at the photo. The boy looked happy in the picture. Meeting Lena’s look, he nodded. “A secret for a secret,” he said, a sort of confirmation. They would not tell anyone else of their secrets. It was too dangerous.

“I know that feeling,” Alask said, then quickly backtracked. “Not of having a kid. But of feeling that those you know would be better without you. You saw what happened in there. Imagine if that happened near my family. The only way I can support them is through pretending I have a real job.” He looked up. “Hopefully after this heist, I can have my real job with the Man who Fixes.”

Looking down at his watch, Alask looked back up. “Our heist partners should be here any minute now.” he said.

@Silva

@Kidpen

@Darth Woodrack

@Ookla the Phoenix

Edited by Ookla the Guacless

Seeing the plane land, Alask tapped Lena on the shoulder.

“C’mon, let’s go,” he said, running to the plane as it landed and hopping inside.

“What’s up, Nekorb?” he said. “Everything went smooth on your end?”

@Ookla the Phoenix

Edited by Ookla the Guacless

Lena followed Alask slower. Not running at night, probably that only counted for everyone apart from him, but she wouldn't take a chance. Not after haveing seen the shade. She left the few remaining apples on the ground and it was her turn to climb into the plane. It was large, huge. She had never seen anything like it before. She had expected it to be smaller, the wings to look different, planes looked to tiny when they were up in the sky. But this, this thing felt gigantic to her. She mirrored Alask's movements, although slower and then simply stood there, looking around the machine fascinatedly.

Oh :P Alask isn’t supposed to break the rules either.

Finding a comfortable seat and sitting in the plane, Alask watched Lena hop in as well. “Great,” He said. “Now we just need Gonev and that Georgia lady.”

Suddenly a sharp pain erupted from his chest, and Alask almost collapsed from his chair in agony. He felt like yelling but that would draw attention, so he just held his breath and went red with pai-

And then it was over, relief washing over him. Alask felt his Shade in his spikes. It was angry. Alask couldn’t break the Rules either. If he did, the Shade didn’t come out, but it did administer a sort of agony onto Alask for a bit.

He’d experienced the ‘running at night’ pain a handful of times. He’d only accidentally kindled flame once, and it had been the worst experience of Alask’s life. He couldn’t imagine the torture the Shade would put on him if he ever shed blood. Luckily, he wasn’t planning on doing that anytime soon.

Tena sat down on the grass of the Canton of Combat, and pulled her laptop out her pack, setting it on her lap. She typed in her password, then waited for the homescreen to appear. When it did, she clicked on an Internet browser at random (Alleyweb was one of her favorites) and went to the Alleyzon website. She looked up Tia cards, then ordered three to her house.

Lena sat down next to Alask, kept quiet about what had happened. the rest would know it, as soon as they read tomorrow's news. She removed her wig and used a handkerchiev to wipe away her make-up.

"Do I need to strap in, or something like that?"

she asked noone in particular, still wondering, how this huge metal thing could fly.

23 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Do I need to strap in, or something like that?"

Alask looked to Lena. She hadn’t said anything about the Shade, which was good, he guessed.

“I mean, we’re thieves, right?” He said. “So by nature we break the rules.” He paused, and buckled up. “I still don’t want to die though.”

Alask waited patiently. Now, only that Georgia lady was left.

@Kidpen

Lena nodded and observed how Alask buckled up. Dying. He spoke about dying. This plane was dangerous? Blanching she grabbed the straps. It took her a few tries, but finally she managed to close the clasp herself. Nervously she clasped her hands together. Flying. This was going to be strange. Apart from the fact, that she had never left the ground before, she still felt uncomfortable around these highly technological machines. They were strange. Like investiture, but different. And investiture was something, you had to be careful with.

Lena felt the plane take up speed. She was pressed into her seat and then, they were flying. Paling her hands grabbed her bag and tried to keep her breathing steady. Flying. It was loud and the plane was moving around, like it was afraid, too. This was going to end bad, really bad, there was no way, they would ever walk the ground again.