Why so little Renarin love?

lwd24era

Hello all.

Recently I've been flipping through the Way of Kings and while I have not yet read Words of Radiance(meaning I may be lacking in knowledge to the contrary) I think Renarin should get more love than he does. He awesome and noble(in both senses of the word), kind and quiet, smart and self-sacrificing. Anyway just wanted to ask you all: What about Renarin do you love? Dislike? I would love to discuss(:

-L

He's got some spunk. He also is a real wimp-although it isn't his fault, it's still annoying later on. And there's some points in WoR where he gets really annoying. I can't say any more because of Spoilers. You should hurry up and read WoR or you'll miss being able to participate in the great threads without getting spoiled.

He's got some spunk. He also is a real wimp-although it isn't his fault, it's still annoying later on. And there's some points in WoR where he gets really annoying. I can't say any more because of Spoilers. You should hurry up and read WoR or you'll miss being able to participate in the great threads without getting spoiled.

XD I don't mind spoilers.

He was pretty cool in WoR. Awesome enough to stand beside Adolin even though he didn't even have pov. At least that's how I see it.

Edit: Shallan was one annoying me with the way she acted with him and pretty much everyone else except Kal and Bridge 4.

Edited by Cracknut

If you are a fan of Renarin, these topics might interest you:

Edit: sorry I just realized you said you hadn't read WoR so I would suggest not reading some of these yet

Also, just wait for Featherwriter to notice this thread. She'll help it along  ;)

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

If you are a fan of Renarin, these topics might interest you:

Edit: sorry I just realized you said you hadn't read WoR so I would suggest not reading some of these yet

Also, just wait for Featherwriter to notice this thread. She'll help it along  ;)

Oh? 

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 387973120 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 431827248 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

OH YES! Where is Feather? I expected her to be here right after me.

FeatherWriter is a huge Renarin fan. She writes a bunch of fanfiction or something and is shipping ShaNarin

OH YES! Where is Feather? I expected her to be here right after me.

FeatherWriter is a huge Renarin fan. She writes a bunch of fanfiction or something and is shipping ShaNarin

Not anymore after WoR, actually. She's shipping Kalarin and Kadolin now.

I feel exactly the same. In WoK, I thought he was an alright character and I was hoping he'd grow into an interesting one. I was deceived in WoR for many reasons. He's had moments, yes, but overall, it was a disappointment. I also feel many people are overstating the few little things he did end up doing making then greater it really was. I feel this tendency is overshadowing the amazing things other characters did accomplished.

Overall, I do not dislike him, but I am not thrilled by him either. I like his interactions with his brother, I like their relationship, but I do not like how Renarin deals with obstacles. I dislike how he does not seem to evolve much through both books. Also, the ending was a really bad read for me. Needless to say that I am more of an Adolin fan than a Renarin.

Hello all.

Recently I've been flipping through the Way of Kings and while I have not yet read Words of Radiance(meaning I may be lacking in knowledge to the contrary) I think Renarin should get more love than he does. He awesome and noble(in both senses of the word), kind and quiet, smart and self-sacrificing. Anyway just wanted to ask you all: What about Renarin do you love? Dislike? I would love to discuss(:

-L

I'm pretty sure that somewhere far away, the fandom monster noticed a disturbance in the balance of the 17th Shard. She comes, and when she does this thread will never be the same again.

Words of wisdom lwd, do not invoke the name of Renarin lightly without first considering the reactions of Feather.

That is all; you may return to your peaceful life.

Edited by Lurthemir

Well, now that she's passed. I must agree with the OP. Renarin is awesome. Hopefully we'll see more of him in Book 3 because... well you know. Maybe we'll even get a viewpoint next book because he's going to have his own eventually.

My only conclusion is that Feather became so excited about lwd appreciating Renarin on his own that she Snapped. Began to burn copper and my bronze could no longer detect her.

No matter.

I will remind you that I did bring the thread back on track since you "left" (This coppercloud will make it much harder to prepare for you Feather -_-) and that I do appreciate Renarin for the person he is (even on the first read) even though it may not be to the extent of an entire fanbase fearing me for calling out the vaguest hint of a disagreement or topic derailment. (I was preparing the new guy for the intensity of your well known emotions toward Renarin.)

Oh and lwd, read WoR and be amazed at the Renarin awesomeness contained within.

Edited by Lurthemir

*falls down before her* Brightness! That response was awesome. When they say essay they're not kidding. I'm soooo tempted to read your stuff, but sadly *throws arm over face* I can't. Not yet. For I still have a fan fic to write, and can't afford to be distracted by greatness. But yes! Renarin is awesome.