I need an idea

Ashertliden

24 minutes ago, Kal-Eldin said:

Hey does anyone have an idea for this thing I have to do?

The subject is "What are two things you use/needs you have that you would like combined into one thing OR What's one thing you wish was more efficient."

How about weather apps that not only tell you the expected temperature throughout the day, but add clothing advice: "It's X degrees now, but it'll be Y degrees later, and it's expected to warm up fast. Wear a lighter coat instead of the big winter parka you'd need if it were going to be X degrees all day." 

13 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Governments.

Oh boy, don't we wish…. <_< 

54 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Governments

Off Topic:

Spoiler

This is severely off topic, but ineffective government can be a good thing. It prevents government’s from having the ability to enact laws that have the potential to be really bad for the people by  allowing the media time to report on it. It might not be as relevant now with the internet, but when a government, like say the U.S.’s, was founded the inefficiency was a genuinely good thing, as it took much longer for the media machine to crank into action

On Topic: I wish my homework was more streamlined/efficient

51 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Off Topic:

Reveal hidden contents

This is severely off topic, but ineffective government can be a good thing. It prevents government’s from having the ability to enact laws that have the potential to be really bad for the people by  allowing the media time to report on it. It might not be as relevant now with the internet, but when a government, like say the U.S.’s, was founded the inefficiency was a genuinely good thing, as it took much longer for the media machine to crank into action

On Topic: I wish my homework was more streamlined/efficient

More off-topic: 

Spoiler

The inefficiency of the legislative process is a necessary roadblock to tyranny, but I was thinking more in terms of government offices being more efficient. I could do with not having to wait forty days and forty nights at the DMV, only to learn I left ONE document I didn't know I needed at home and need to do the whole sparking thing again. <_< 

On-topic: a self-checkout at the supermarket that automatically opens a new lane if the person in front of you is being slow. 

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

More off-topic: 

Hide contents

The inefficiency of the legislative process is a necessary roadblock to tyranny, but I was thinking more in terms of government offices being more efficient. I could do with not having to wait forty days and forty nights at the DMV, only to learn I left ONE document I didn't know I needed at home and need to do the whole sparking thing again. <_< 

On-topic: a self-checkout at the supermarket that automatically opens a new lane if the person in front of you is being slow. 

Spoiler

For me it's less about slowness and more about the inability to actually agree on anything. <_<
No one ever compromises or works together, and everyone wants to shift the blame to someone else.

Efficiency doesn't necessarily mean you get results faster, I'd be more interested in just less wastes of time and resources.

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

More off-topic: 

Reveal hidden contents

Even more off-topic:

Spoiler

You have a point there. Pointless beurocracy can be rather annoying

On Topic: I wish there was a to streamline pointless beurocracy in a way that didn’t create even more

Hmmm....besides wishing the government was more efficient, next probably would be cleaning..like cleaning your house. There is so much to do, vacuum, dust, etc. Why couldn't you just have a spray that cleans instantly and than sucks up the dust. That would be super efficient, one spray and your house is clean.

4 minutes ago, Voidus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

For me it's less about slowness and more about the inability to actually agree on anything. <_<
No one ever compromises or works together, and everyone wants to shift the blame to someone else.

Efficiency doesn't necessarily mean you get results faster, I'd be more interested in just less wastes of time and resources.

2 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Even more off-topic:

Hide contents

You have a point there. Pointless beurocracy can be rather annoying

On Topic: I wish there was a to streamline pointless beurocracy in a way that didn’t create even more

OH! OH! Idea inspired by both of these: some sort of system that forces government officials to put their differences aside and work together to get crem done. Maybe an overenthusiastic children's show host who pops in out of nowhere and makes everyone sing the "Get-Along Song" until they're willing to compromise? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, whattheHoid said:

Revive Mr. Rodgers! He'd be great at it!!

Oh, bathroom...like going to the bathroom could be waay more efficient.

Mister Rogers wouldn't annoy them into submission, though. He'd just be Mister Rogers at them until they felt guilty for not being the wonderful people Mister Rogers thought they could be. 

Man, I miss that guy. :( 

Foot openers for bathroom doors are models of inefficiency. You stick your foot in and pull, and it opens a fraction, and you try and step through, and it's already closed, and so you do it again…. The whole thing could be solved by just having all bathroom doors open outward. Boom. Nobody has to touch a germ-covered handle at all.

Yeah that's a good idea, ain't nobody wanna touch a public bathroom door/handle.

Oh, so you want somebody to annoy people into submission? Yeah Mr. Rodgers is that last person who would do that. Solution get Iago from Aladdin to do it. His voice is piercing and annoying and great at yelling.

23 minutes ago, whattheHoid said:

Yeah that's a good idea, ain't nobody wanna touch a public bathroom door/handle.

Oh, so you want somebody to annoy people into submission? Yeah Mr. Rodgers is that last person who would do that. Solution get Iago from Aladdin to do it. His voice is piercing and annoying and great at yelling.

Hire Gilbert Gottfried to yell at lawmakers? 

brb, need to start a petition. :ph34r: 

31 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Hire Gilbert Gottfried to yell at lawmakers? 

brb, need to start a petition. :ph34r: 

Get paid to yell at lawmakers?

brb, need to change my face, voice and name.

For reasons unrelated to this discussion. :ph34r:

Heck, I’d change my voice, face and name but to get paid to yell. That stuff’s underrated. Just like chairs.

Anyway, speaking of things I’d like more efficient, my brain. It’s like my brain’s Doug the Dog (from Up) and every time I try to do something productive it just goes “Squirrel!” out of nowhere and distracts me (except instead of squirrels it’s like the Wikipedia page for Dasani)

F8FB35CC-8C73-4852-BCF2-50B78C212272.jpeg

12 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

How about weather apps that not only tell you the expected temperature throughout the day, but add clothing advice: "It's X degrees now, but it'll be Y degrees later, and it's expected to warm up fast. Wear a lighter coat instead of the big winter parka you'd need if it were going to be X degrees all day." 

Amazingly, this already exists. Its called "Swackett"

• 1 month later...