Warbreaker movie casting (dream list) *spoilers*

BreathTaker

I'm just gonna have to plug my fancast again cuz I'm getting started with Elantris soon, so like, why would you want the suggestions above when you could have Oscar Issac as Lightsong and a million other significantly better and also not whitewashed choices?

Also I would want people to examine their casting picks when they put significantly older men with younger women. It's creepy.

• 2 months later...
On 2017-03-30 at 11:16 PM, theravenchilde said:

I'm just gonna have to plug my fancast again cuz I'm getting started with Elantris soon, so like, why would you want the suggestions above when you could have Oscar Issac as Lightsong and a million other significantly better and also not whitewashed choices?

Also I would want people to examine their casting picks when they put significantly older men with younger women. It's creepy.

Everyone has the right of opinion. You have every right to have yours but there is no need to tell everyone how much better yours are, or that others do wrong. Fancasting is about how you imagine the characters. If you read about them and imagine latinos, then cast latinos. If you imagine white people, then you can cast white people. You have some good choices (I really like Demian Bichir as Treledees), but there is no need to go around telling people what they should, and should not do.

Edited by Toaster Retribution

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Y'know, the entire 17th Shard seems to have a fascination with Firefly...

I am 100% okay with that.

I feel in this case, though, the casting ACTUALLY WORKS for the most part. I'm not sure if I agree with Adam Baldwin as Vasher or Nathan Fillion as Lightsong, but everything else is a 'STORMS YES' for me.

For consideration, though:

-Sean Maher as Lightsong

-Alan Tudyk as Nightblood instead

-Adam Bladwin as Tonk Fah

-Liam Neeson or Nathan Fillion as VaraTreledees/Denth

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd quite like new actresses for Vivenna and Siri, but if not:

Vivenna - Jessica Brown Findlay

Siri - Eleanor Tomlinson (though both would be Dawson's Casting...)

Otherwise:

Vasher - Richard Armitage

Lightsong - Sebastien Stan

Blushweaver - Gemma Arterton

Denth - Chiwetel Ejiofor

Endowment - Clare Foy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My personal pick to play Lightsong would be James Roday. Any if you who ever watched the TV show Psych probably know why. His performance as Shawn Spencer demonstrates to me that he can has what it takes to capture the mix of irreverence and seriousness (not to mention compassion) that makes Lightsong work as a character.

If we want people to believe Denth is the good guy until late on (btw I think the movie would need to be in 2 parts, part 1 ending with Vivienna escaping from Denth once we discover he's the bad guy), a good way of selling this and capturing his charisma would be to cast Dwayne the Rock Johnson

On 3/30/2017 at 10:16 PM, theravenchilde said:

Isn't young woman with much older man the only canon relationship between living characters in this book? And plot-specific?

On 5/13/2018 at 3:56 AM, IndigoAjah said:

Siri is 17, the God King is 50 years old 

It's easy to forget this because he has the emotional maturity of a child at times. In any case the God King is so naive, and sheltered, you can't really make the typical argument or an older man taking advantage of a younger less experienced woman. Ironically, if anything is the case Siri would be taking advantage of him snce she is the once who has to teach him what sex is. (I don't think she took advantage of him I am just pointing out the irony)

On 15/05/2018 at 7:01 PM, animalia said:

It's easy to forget this because he has the emotional maturity of a child at times. In any case the God King is so naive, and sheltered, you can't really make the typical argument or an older man taking advantage of a younger less experienced woman. Ironically, if anything is the case Siri would be taking advantage of him snce she is the once who has to teach him what sex is. (I don't think she took advantage of him I am just pointing out the irony)

True, but this is purposeful and necessitates the pairing of young actresses with older actors for these characters (though no others) if they want to keep that aspect. Though, as Siri would probably be slightly aged up and Susebron can be played by a somewhat younger actor than his official age - but there will still be a gap

But the Returned essentially look however they feel (albeit subconsciously) is perfection or just as they should. One returned looks like a grandma. Another a child. They don't age. There is no reason Susebron would look 50. In fact I think it is reasonable that he looks like someone in his prime. Maybe mid twenties. Most movies now days have teenagers played by twenty and thirty year olds so I don't think their relationship would really look odd on screen. 

On 5/17/2018 at 8:23 AM, Philomath said:

Another a child.

Minor technicality, but the child returned did mature to something post-puberty, like say... a 20 year old, and then stopped "aging."

But otherwise, your point stands. The Returned get to look like whatever they want(within reason), and this gets pointed out more than once in the book. The viewing audience should understand why Susebron isn't 40.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My head canon casting tends to include a lot of animated characters as well as live action, so for the characters I've already cast in my head as live action actors:

Denth - Jerome Flynn

Tonk Fah - Andre the Giant 

I picture Scoot as Henry VIII, but he's probably unavailable.

Edited by Emurii

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

My new cast:

-Lightsong - Chris Hemsworth. He has the right physique, and is a great actor for comedy, but can also sell really dramatic stuff.

-Denth - Chris Evans. Very likeable, can do a fun, charming guy. Usually plays good guys, and would work well for Denths twist in that regard.

-Vasher - Idris Elba. Great in anything he does. Can play gruff, but somehow likeable. 

-Siri - Angourie Rice. Is the right age, and her role in Spider-Man shows that she can do a similar personality to Siri. 

-Susebron - Tye Sheridan. He looks the part and could pull off the innoncence of him.

-Vivenna - Olivia Cooke. Could do the serious parts of the character well. Could also portray her more chill personality well. 

-Nightblood - Iwan Rheon. His voice would be perfect for Nightblood. He can do scary but cheerful at the same time. 

-Bluefingers - Rowan Atkinson. He can be really funny, but also really stressed out. No one would see him being evil coming, because everyone loves him. Bonus points for being british.

-Llarimar - Conleth Hill. He looks the part, and can probably play it too. A very good actor. 

-Tonk Fah - John Cena. Is big, strong and can pull off likeable in the beginning, and menacing at the end.

-Parlin - Freddie Highmore. Could defenitely sell his innocence. 

Edited by Toaster Retribution

• 4 years later...