BreathTaker

Warbreaker movie casting (dream list) *spoilers*

99 posts in this topic

Ok so I was just checking out the Mistborn topic related to this one and noticed a lot of people mentioning Warbreaker (including myself) so I figured what the Storm, let's do it. 

Warbreaker seems to me like a much more manageable movie than Mistborn for the simple fact that there's no Allomancy. So lets get started

(Semi-joke list)

Director: Joss Whedon

Lightsong: Nathan Fillion

Scoot: Alan Tudyk 

(Hoid needs to played by the same guy in every movie or HBO sereies) 

Vivenna: Morena Baccarin

Siri: Jewel Staite (because I love her)

Bluefingers: Ron Glass

Adam Baldwin: Vasher

Andrew Bryniarsky (Crow): Tonk Fah

Gina Torres :  The Nurse

I cant think of anyone else from the show to be anyone else, there are a lot of Characters missing but it's been a while since I've read Warbreaker. After I'm done with AoL I'm reading it again. But for now,  Your thoughts to mine.

Dude I love WB and Nathan Fillion would be a great Lightsong.. but common Adam Baldwin as Vasher..we need be more of a Liam Nesson orthe Hound from game of thrones..

Switch it up completely make it- Peter Dinklage hes badass dude

Actually... I like the idea of Baldwin as Vasher. Jayne looks like a simple-minded thug and layabout. It would make his turn when Vasher starts acting like a scholar and explaining biochroma a lot more surprising and effective.

He aslo plays a Stormin General in Independence Day who is kinda smart...ish... Vera. 

Edit: Gah I'm an Idrian Monk, that's sooooo lame. can't wait to see what the next Rep level is.

Edited by BreathTaker

Ok, I need Firefly-Cosmere crossover now....

I just did that... just now, up there with the thing and the stuff... ALSO! A firefly (bug) needs to pass by Lightsong (or Scoot) and he needs to say "Huh, I love those things, they give me such... Serenity"

Has anyone ever seen Meet the Robinsons? There's a young boy named Goob in the movie, played by Matthew Josten. I really can't imagine anyone else doing the voice of Nightblood.

I like it. ^ for you sir.

Holy crap, Goob as Nightblood! This is now a thing!

As for the casting, I really love the idea of Jewel Staite as Siri. She's the perfect amount of bubbly.

Bubblier than Champagne, and absolutely beautiful.   

Holy crap, Goob as Nightblood! This is now a thing!

My brother commanded me to stop saying "Would you like to kill someone today" in Goob's voice because he said it was too creepy. :P

"Hello! My name is Vera. Would you like to destroy some evil today?"

"This here's Nightblood, he's got EXTREME sentience... ahem... I mean sentimental value." 

If we're casting Nathan Fillion, he'd be way better as Denth than as Lightsong. Vasher describes him as exceptionally charming, just like Fillion. And it would make the big reversal of the book even more surprising for moviegoers.

As much as I hate to admit it KK, you're right. :(

I love Nathan Fillion, but I think he might be just a little old for the role of Lightsong. Not that he wouldn't play the role fabulously, of course, but the Returned typically reflect the societal ideal for their sex (and Hollywood tends to glorify youth/looking young) so it makes more sense for him to be younger.

Fillion as Denth would be awesome, and playing him against Baldwin that way would be sublime. Fillion is the reason I started watching Castle, and as much fun as Slaughter was, having the two reverse roles would be awesome.

If we've decided Warbreaker is our Whedon-verse book, who does Amy Acker play? I picture Vivenna as Illyria rather easily...

I'd actually like Fillion as either Wax or Wayne better! (either would be great, but leaning towards Wayne here).

And I thought we'd established that Nightblood has to be Jarvis!!!

Definitely a gave an upvote for the Nathan Fillion as Denth brainwave! That's genius.

As to who would fill the role of Lightsong, I think we need someone who looks like a surfer. I always picture Lightsong that way in my head. The closest I'm coming is Owen Wilson, and he's not in Firefly... So, suggestions appreciated!

I don't think all the characters would have to come from the Whedonverse. Chris or Liam Hemsworth would certainly look the part, but I have trouble imagining either of them acting it.

And I thought we'd established that Nightblood has to be Jarvis!!!

"Sir, there appears to be evil in the nearby vacinity. Shall we destroy it?"

I think I could see Christ Hemsworth as Lightsong. Who would be Scoot though?

"Sir, there appears to be evil in the nearby vacinity. Shall we destroy it?"

I think I could see Christ Hemsworth as Lightsong. Who would be Scoot though?

Tom Hiddleston? :D

PLOT TWIST:

Scoot IS the evil.

PLOT TWIST:

Scoot IS the evil.

And the God King turns out to be their father. Spoilers: Susebron loses an eye in the next book.

Who would be Tonk Fah? Jewel? I can kind of picture Dwayne Johnson as Tonk Fah, or Jewel's Lifeless (idr his name)