Guild of Chocolate: Hot or otherwise.

In light of recent threats against the balance of the universe, I hereby create this guild to honor and protect the Order of Chocolate.

(And I fully expect an eggnog rival to arise soon, so I will save me time and effort in the future by just declaring war on them now.)

Declaring war against a guild that doesn’t exist yet? I like the sound of that :P 

Edit: I hereby declare war on the Medium-Lighted Alley. They haven’t arrived yet, but the name is too perfect not to be used in the future, so I’m saving the time and effort and declaring war on it now.

Edited by I think I am here.

I don't normally join any guilds (Knights of the Cosmere is the only one, and it's not really a guild as much as it's a writing group), but this is a must. I feel a need to be a part of this noble cause.

I hereby swear myself to the Order/Guild(?) of Chocolate, may it forever be defended in its great chocolateyness.

Here's one of my favourite cakes.

A short notice: according to an american colleague our german food isn't sweet enough. So maybe you need to add more sugar or some syrup.

200g butter
200g sugar
4 eggs (mediums sized)
2 EL cocoa
1/2 TL cinnamon
125g hazlenuts (grinded)
200g flour
10g backing powder
4 apples

bake around 1 hour, at 170°C (around 338 F), reduce after ca 40 min to 165-160 (333-328 F)

Grate the apples and put them aside. Put the eggs and the sugar in a bowl and stir, until you have some small bubbles in the dough and it's fluffy. Then add the butter and stir again. Afterwards slowly add the flour mixed with the backing powder. Then add the rest, the apples last. Put everything into a circular baking pan and bake.

Add some powdered sugar on top, directly before serving.

Side note: a TL is a teaspoon, an EL a tablespoon.

If you have any questions just ask!

I'll translate another recipe for some cookies when I find the time to translate it.

Edited by Sorana
forgot to mention the powdered sugar

9 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Declaring war against a guild that doesn’t exist yet? I like the sound of that :P 

Edit: I hereby declare war on the Medium-Lighted Alley. They haven’t arrived yet, but the name is too perfect not to be used in the future, so I’m saving the time and effort and declaring war on it now.

There was the mediocrity lit alley. I feel like thats the same sort of thing. 

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

EL a larger spoon you use to eat soup.

Sooooo a tablespoon?

also what is a guild? What do they do? (I’m new to the alleyverse)

tempered chocolate?

white? Milk? Dark? 100%?

glaze? Frosting? 

I declare war war on the lightly shaded alley, the infrared lit alley, and the bioluminescent alley

4 minutes ago, I am a STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

Sooooo a tablespoon?

That sounds right :) Thank you!!!

tempered chocolate?

white? Milk? Dark? 100%?

only cocoa, that's enough. And I mean the one you use for baking, without sugar of other stuff, only cocoa. Not the powder you can use to make a hot chocolate. But you can add of course chocolate.

glaze? Frosting? 

Sry, that one I forgot. I'll edit it in. Add some powdered sugar directly before serving. If you add in earlier it will get soaked into the cake. I can also add a picture when I bake it the next time, but that's probably after christmas, because I'll be making gingerbread and other christmas cookies next.

Edit: forgot to answer the question about the guild:

This is no Alleyverse guild, but simply a "guild" open for all who like chocolate. It's purpose is chocolate. So it's more a fun thing, where you can for example share recipes, or simply feel good that you found others who like chocolate as much as you do.

Edited by Sorana
answer to the questions about the guild

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

That sounds right :) Thank you!!!

only cocoa, that's enough. And I mean the one you use for baking, without sugar of other stuff, only cocoa. Not the powder you can use to make a hot chocolate. B

ut you can add of course chocolate.

Sry, that one I forgot. I'll edit it in. Add some powdered sugar directly before serving. If you add in earlier it will get soaked into the cake. I can also add a picture when I bake it the next time, but that's probably after christmas, because I'll be making gingerbread and other christmas cookies next.

Those last ones were for the creator of this. 

A tablespoon is 3 teaspoons 

On 11/13/2018 at 6:23 PM, Life&Death said:

In light of recent threats against the balance of the universe, I hereby create this guild to honor and protect the Order of Chocolate.

(And I fully expect an eggnog rival to arise soon, so I will save me time and effort in the future by just declaring war on them now.)

Count me in!  But can't we just live in harmony with whatever eggnog guild rises to power?  Both chocolate and eggnog are magical