Alcatraz books either not stocked or v. expensive

So, my youngest is developed the Sanderfan gene that his mother, father and two elder siblings already have! But, he's a lot younger than my others were when they got into Mistborn so he's not ready for that or Reckoners yet (he's 8!) But, he was really interested in reading the Alcatraz books which are the one set of Sanderson books that we don't have. Great, thought I, Christmas books sorted ... except, none of the UK booksellers that I've checked stock them anymore (and they aren't available to order) whilst they are hugely, hugely expensive from the main online sellers (and it's not even clear that they're new!). We want actual paper copies rather than e-books.

Anyone know if there's a reason why these books have become a bit of a rarity in the UK?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for your reply, sorry that I didn't spot it sooner - I went AWOL from the forum whilst revising for an exam! I did manage to get the first two second hand (but in really nice condition) in the end but he's loving them and wants to use his Christmas money to buy more! So, we're searching for 3,4 and 5 at reasonable prices now. Proving a bit fruitless currently.

I wonder why they are now so expensive in our regions?

• 2 weeks later...