Investiture for a Better Life Foundation

Lord Meeker

Aurell narrowed her eyes. "You are allowed to follow. However you are not my responsibility. These two," She pointed to Max and Athlea. "have greater purpose."

She walked into the building, and straight to the elevator. Aurell punched in the code and the doors slide open. She ushered the group in and pushed the button for the thirteenth floor. The Elevator descended. Windows that view labs in their decent were empty. The elevator played a song called "I am the Walrus" by the Beatles. The trip ended quickly and Aurell stepped out into the long hallway, which held the offices of all the Directors of each individual Investiture, all of which were empty. At the end of the hallway stood an ajar door. The lights inside flickered ominously.

Aurell held out a warning hand and unholstered one of her pistols. "Wait here."

She checked around the doorway before slipping into the room. A few, but long, minutes later Aurell came back out.

"Everything is alright. Nothing to be worried about." She said. 

Aurell waved the group into room right next to the head Director's office. The office layout was clean. A desk similar to the one in the director's room was positioned the middle of the room. Cabinets and desk-drawers lined the walls behind the computer desk, and a small trash sat next to it. Aurell walked behind the desk and sat in the overly large plush deskchair. two chairs were positioned in front of the desk.

"Ladies first." She said as she kicked her feet up on the desk top. "Two of you uncultured men will have to find your own seats. Pilfer them from Solace's office, I don't care. All the other offices are locked with security protocols should they be forced open."

She fished a apple from the fridge on the other her side. "Anything you want? This fridge can create, speak up if you want anything. First, you may be wondering why I brought you down here. Well in my pointing around I found some interesting audio files, making mention of the pair of you, as well as some things Solace has worked on for the past twenty years, in addition to raising me. Second you may be wondering where the traps are I mentioned. they are in Solace's personal lab, should you desire to go there."

She pressed a few buttons on the computer and brought up a list of audio files. "Oh! I forgot." She fished into her pockets and took out two cards. "I found these in his office a moment ago."

Aurell passed over two card. Each showed a present picture of Max and Althea, but on the back there was a date of product. The date on the card was from twenty years ago, a month before the Alleyverse's subsequent fall and revival.

"Anyways you guys and pick and choose what you want to listen to first." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creation of the Foundation

Spoiler

"Audio file #1" an automated voice said. A moment later Solace's voice came over.

"The Investiture for a better Life Foundation was just opened. A group of researchers dedicated to a united development of Investiture to make life easier and that sort of thing. Member count one. Solace First, Head Director. I have a whole building to myself. Aaaaah, better get to work. It would prove prudent to keep an eye on Max and Althea. They seem to be likely candidates."

The voice turned off and the automated voice returned. "Recorded twenty years, one month and two days ago."

Hemalurgic construct experiment #1

Spoiler

"Audio file #32" an automated voice said.

"I've been exploring the underground tunnels, some off which the Guild Known as TUBA, have used for some time now. They use the main ones that are closer to the surface. I have been exploring the deeper tunnels some that go down deep down into the earth. I have found some startling evidence that suggests that the AlleyPlanet itself does not have core rather some how alive. It uses stored warmth, from the six spikes embedded into its flesh for lack of a better word to produce enough heat for living things to grow on it and for animals and humans to co-exist on its surface. It is actually quite amazing. Anyways that is not what I am recording this. I found a animal, if you can call the gargantuan monstrosity I found an animal, sleeping in a large open cavern. I have used my power to keep it asleep for the next fifteen years while I study the beast. it is resistant to most physical magics it would seem and it's hide seems to radiate some kind of reflective magic or some sort. It looks to be a bipedal using it's tail to balance. Other updates will be coming once I study this creature more. It's waking date it in 15 years. I plan to make a hemalurgic creature from this rare being. I think I shall call it a Tarrasque."

The voice turned off and the automated voice returned. "Recorded fifteen years, and one month ago."

Hemalurgic construct experiment #2

Spoiler

"Audio file #433" an automated voice said.

"After long study on shades I have managed to hemalurgically combined a shade and a human into what I call shadebent. These creatures have seemingly increased strength, speed, reflexes, endurance, durability, agility, senses, stamina, and healing. It seems that I myself am holding these creatures, these Shadebent, together by will alone. Those I can only do this to shades and humans here on the Alleyplanet. Further study is required. I have managed spike the Tarrasque with twenty-five feruchemic gold producing spikes and well as the same amount in Progression, additionally it has twelve Allomantic pewter granting spikes, and ten each emotional spikes, Zinc and Brass at this point in time. It is twelve years to the Awakening."

The voice turned off and the automated voice returned. "Recorded twelve years, seven months and eleven days ago."

Hemalurgic construct experiment #3

Spoiler

"Audio file #897" an automated voice said.

"I have successfully combined the features of a dragon, lion and a goat to make what Earthlings call a Chimera. The beast in question, has ten feruchemic gold producing spikes and well as the same amount in Progression, additionally it has five Allomantic pewter granting spikes. I will need to produce more of these creatures. They look promising. Now for the Tarresque, I have managed spike the Tarrasque with an additional twenty-five feruchemic gold producing spikes and well as the same amount in Progression,as well as thirteen Allomantic pewter granting spikes, and six each emotional spikes, Zinc and Brass at this point in time. Bringing the total to 50 gold, 50 progression, 25 pewter, 16 zinc, and 16 brass. I can't be quite sure if all of these spikes work, but all are charged. It is about eleven years to the Awakening.

The voice turned off and the automated voice returned. "Recorded ten years, eleven months and twenty-two days ago."

Bio-engineered construct experiment #1

Spoiler

"At this time I am finishing the product of a bio-engineered human. It has the frame of a robot mechanical system and is repaired by a nano-regenerative process. I have attempted to reproduce my own genes in them but the only gift my powers to such individuals. It seems they are too biologically variant to code my powers into them. I will have to gift them for the time being. This is something I will have to further study. I want to seem if I can staple webs together and grant them to my creations. But that will have to wait until Max is older."

The voice turned off and the automated voice returned. "Recorded ten years, eleven months and twenty-two days ago."

Bio-engineered construct experiment #2

Spoiler

"Aurell Faine died exactly one month ago. I was able to code much of her genes into the Variant creation. I will have to replace memories of the Solace that raised her. Figures that I would be ding this to myself. Everything must follow the loop. If history changes in the slightest it could mean destruction for us all."

The voice turned off and the automated voice returned. "Recorded five years, eleven months and twenty-two days ago."

In search of Justice

Spoiler

"Audio file #-5000" an automated voice said.

"You may be wonder why this file is in the negatives, well that it because it never really existed in its entirety. It is time that I begin my plans. I will first need to find the shard of Justice. I plan to take his or her shard from them by means of a special hemalurgic spike. I plan to do this with all the other unknown shards that have not been killed off by Odium. if my calculations are correct there are five of them."

The voice turned off and the automated voice returned. "Time recorded, unknown."

"Death" of Justice

Spoiler

"Audio file #-1" an automated voice said.

"I have successfully collected the shard of Justice. The spike is carefully guarded in a place which I only know of. Now I must locate the other five and bide my time until it is time enact my plan and bring to pass the War of Ages."

The voice turned off and the automated voice returned. "Recorded one hundred thirty-one years, three months and fifteen days ago."

This reveal took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than I would have liked.

Edited by AdOokla
Spelling and other changes were necessary.

Cool! :D

Althea followed Aurell through the building, keeping close to Max. Her eyes darted around, looking for anything to find, but it was deserted. They had all run away when Solace had attacked. The woman sat down behind the table, and when she held up the cards, Althea took the one with her own face on it. Her present face. Red eyes, crystalline structure from soulcasting, white hair, almost white skin. She stared at her own face, something she usually avoided. A freak stared back. Turning the card around she looked at the date. Twenty years ago? She had been eight, back then?
"What are these cards for?"
she asked Aurell. And then switched on the audio files, listening. She understood most of what he said, taking mental notes of what was important right now and what wasn't. He had observed her, had observed her for twenty years? But why? His experiments, travelling through time, Aurell. Closing her eyes she tried to grasp what happened here.
"Who are you? And not the official version."
she asked Aurell, gesturing to the device playing the audio files. Then she looked over at Max, tried to judge his reaction. This... this was crazy. Utterly and completely crazy. All of it.

I'm afraid.
she told him, using their link again.
I have no idea what to make of this.

@AdOokla

@Ookla the Guacless

Edited by Ookla the Clueless

Wow. Just... Wow. A lot of this should definitely have been talked about before hands.

Are the six spikes you're referring to the poles?

I like the idea of having tunnels that go all the way to the center, like in that old book. A journey to the center of the world would be an interesting plot point.

The shade/human thing is kind of like what happened to Alask, so that should be ironed out.

I don't think that you should insert shards into the alleyverse when we are eventually going to get all of them. Especially not because, even if it does exist, there might be a current holder.

Final note, it is impossible for history to be changed unless everyone can agree that it should be. I have no problem with the actual time travel aspect in itself, however.

I haven’t read the files yet, but I’m going to do a pre-reaction post-reaction thing so I’ll edit this when I read them.

Max followed Aurelle into the study room, lights blinking and flickering along the way. She offered Althea a seat and took one herself, and Max just leaned against a corner of the room, listening to the conversation. They had a fridge that could give whatever he asked?

“Happiness.” He said. A pause. And then a chuckle. “Just kidding. I’m not that depressed.” He did order some zinc vials though. If he ever wanted to reach Oasis-levels of power, he’d have to continue storing up.

Oasis-levels of power? When have you ever wanted that?

Aurell handed him a card. His eyes widened. His face. He hadn’t seen his face in a while. He looked at the date. 20 years ago? The card certainly looked that age too. Taking a deep breath, he watched and listened as Aurell turned on the files.

~~After Audio Files~~

Max closed his eyes as the files came to a close. What did it mean? He’d travelled back in time? He’d... he’d been working on an abomination for years? And in his Biological Experiments, why had he said he needed to wait until Max was older? Why did these cards exist?

I’m afraid. Althea’s voice in his mind. I have no idea what to make of this.

Me neither, came his reply. These tapes, it means what’s happened with Solace has been far deeper than we’ve thought.

He heard Althea’s question to Aurell and awaited the reply. “She wants to know who you really are,” he explained to Aurell, “and not just what you’ve been telling everyone. The truth.”

Woah. This is awesome!

Edited by Ookla the Guacless

27 minutes ago, AdOokla said:

That is for something else. Another villainous plot and I only have one right now.

I'd rather have some details first if possible, casually killing a Shard isn't something that should be glossed over.
Unless you're saying it's not a Shard then I'd really like some details before I could agree with this, not sure about others.
Because if we canonize it now and then you reveal your other villainous plot and people don't want to agree with it then we'd have to retcon a bunch of history.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

I'd rather have some details first if possible, casually killing a Shard isn't something that should be glossed over.
Unless you're saying it's not a Shard then I'd really like some details before I could agree with this, not sure about others.
Because if we canonize it now and then you reveal your other villainous plot and people don't want to agree with it then we'd have to retcon a bunch of history

I'll give details. Just not today. I was planning on it anyways. *pouts*

1 hour ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

Ah, so we won't be encountering any shards in that case?

I am not in anyway controlling a shard I have rules set in place. Jeez out of the frying pan in into the fire! :lol:

Edited by AdOokla

Galvris caught the sandwich and ate it.  He then followed Aurell into the elevator, enjoying the music as they rode it.  He then listened to the audio files.  He didn't show any surprise that Aurell wasn't the real Aurell; stranger things had happened in the Alleyverse.  But he did growl slightly at the death of justice.  He sighed, yet another crime to add to Solac's list.  He consulted the list of punishments he'd gathered from the families of Solace's victims, and shook his head at the ever-growing list.  He took another sandwich from the fridge and ate slowly.

On 11/27/2018 at 6:19 PM, Ookla the Lurker said:

These two would seem to contradict each other for me. Basically what I want to know is: Is this a Shard, or something of equivalent ability?

Some rules that I have in place are as follows.

1. The more investiture a person or thing has the hard it is for Solace to affect with his epic powers.

Therefore he can't be controlling shard.

2. Copper and Aluminum can block his powers.

This is all that I can think of at the moment.

The post I will make of the shard of Justice in a nutshell will be that Solace will think he killed the Shard through spiking out his power. Though in reality he is not as powerful as before (the shard) because I think Odium finishes the shard off personally. So he will have some shardic power, but I won't be using it on player characters or NPC's. I plan to place four spikes total into the Alleyplanet in addition to the 2 it has already. (Will edit posts above if it seems conflicting.)

9 hours ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

Perhaps also post it in the god mountain thread, before the discussion there gets out of hand?

Post what?

1 hour ago, Ookla the Phoenix said:

My main problem with this is that saying that Justice is a shard doesn't work if it turns out Justice is not a Shard. If Justice is a shard, then killing them would have a huge impact on the future.

Questioner

In Shadows for Silence one of the characters refers to “Justice has died here.”  Is that the actual Shard of Justice?

Brandon Sanderson

That’s a great theory! (Big grin, raised eyebrows.)

source

He didn't exactly RAFO it...