Distribution of Prose

Scion of the Mists

So, I think everyone was operating under the impression that the only way to get the prose version was to sign up for Brandon's newsletter - we weren't allowed to share it directly.  However, at the San Diego signing, Brandon said otherwise.  Is this a change?  

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

You mentioned White Sands Volume 3. Do we have a release date for that?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

We do not have a release date but the script is done. We like the script. We've fixed slatrification, we hope. The ending is much improved over the novel in our humble opinions.

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

You published that as part of Arcanum Unbounded...

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Just the sample. If you want to read the whole prose edition, just sign up for the newsletter. It sends you a link to download it. Or you can just ask from the 17th Shard. I let them distribute that. The ending of that has one really good element and one really bad element, and we took out the bad element and focused on the good element. I think it really kinda came together.

source

• 2 weeks later...

I thought at one point the 17th shard was handling out both Aether and White Sand prose versions. I know Aether for sure at least.

Edit: read some other post, it appears the 17th shard does not hand out prose for White Sand and it is only available from the newsletter. The current version of the newsletter does not include it, but that was a mistake and should be fixed. Or you may have to ask through an email, that's how I got mine.

Edited by Wandering Investor