A Plan for the Steelheart Movie

Okay, guys, this is foolproof. 

First, we need to agree on who we want in each role. I personally vote Liam Neeson as Prof. The other roles are open. 

Then, we all write them fan letters. They would go something like this: 

Dear Mr. Neeson, 

We know that you travel frequently for your career, and that you probably get bored of watching your own movies on the plane. Not that there's anything boring about them, of course. We also know that you are fond of somewhat geeky things, as evidenced by your film history (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; Batman Begins, etc.). You really brought something unique to those roles. You helped the world take superheroes seriously, which we doubt would have happened with anyone else. (Channing Tatum as Ra's Al Ghul? I don't think so!) 

With that in mind, we have enclosed a book we think you will enjoy: Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson. Consider it a gift from us to you. 

Sincerely, 

Your fans. 

P.S.: Did you know Steelheart has been optioned for a movie? You would make a fantastic Prof. And if you maybe wanted to nudge them toward actually making it….well, we sure wouldn't stop you! 

We wish you the best (time playing Prof). 

I don't know about you guys, but I think this plan is a guaranteed win. We would get our favorite actors in the roles they were meant to play, and they'd be able to get the movie made! What say you all? 

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want... I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you"

Yep, definitely will work with no possible casualties.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

The chance to have Prof's fight scenes, if done with realistic enough effects, would be worth it for anyone as certifiably awesome as Liam Neeson. 

I would also like to take this time to nominate Harrison Ford for Steelheart. He has a scar even. Just saying. 

Edited by EMTrevor

The chance to have Prof's fight scenes, if done with realistic enough effects, would be worth it for anyone as certifiably awesome as Liam Neeson. 

I would also like to take this time to nominate Harrison Ford for Steelheart. He has a scar even. Just saying. 

Dear Mr. Ford, 

You have a long and illustrious career. Name a movie with an awesome hero in it, and chances are, you've been that hero. You're a household name, listed alongside Chuck Norris and Mister T as a man we wouldn't want to mess with. But I know there's an empty hole in your heart. Don't try to deny it. You've denied it long enough, and it's time you were honest with yourself. 

Somewhere between being Han Solo and Colonel Graff, or maybe after starring in the Indiana Jones film we don't talk about, you realized what was missing. You were sitting at home, or in your trailer, or in a bar after wrestling a wild tiger or something, and you found yourself saying, "I've been in so many movies, but I've always wanted to star as Superman…when he's evil.

Sadly, there is no Superman: The Day He Turned Evil film in the works, but Brandon Sanderson did write the next best thing. It's called Steelheart, and the titular character is as evil a Superman as anyone could want. He kills the main character's father! He takes over Chicago! He stiffs waiters at restaurants! (Okay, I made that last one up, but I'm sure he does it. He's just that evil.

As I said, it's only a book at this point. But it has been optioned for a movie, and if you and Liam Neeson were to, say, team up and petition the studio to actually make ​the movie….who knows? Your lifelong dream of playing Evil Superman just might come true. And we all know you'd be great at it. I can already see you standing there with David, and as David says "I hate you," you turn to him with all the confidence of an evil Han Solo and say, "I know." 

You would be brilliant. 

Read the book. Make real your dreams. 

We will be waiting. 

Sincerely, 

Your fans. 

• Chaos locked this topic