The Metamorphosis: Rise of Villainry

Lord Meeker

e324fd9135e0cf9d9ef353b02c973ef1__1541705754_37772__1541705754_78758.jpg.0bb9a96833fad050b8e078672dac593d.jpg

"My name is Sephtis. I don't particularly like repeating myself." Sephtis replied annoyed.

He pulled down the hood to reveal another surprise. A spike in his left eyesocket. He looked nearly the same as he did before the destruction of the Alleyverse. Same ovaled face, with the squarish jaw, green eye, hooked nose. The same crooked grin that matched his nose. Though there was one difference, the hair which was now black with white strips in it.

"I believe you know me as Solace First. I have come to reassert control and bring back the Ghostbloods former glory."

Edited by Mraize

Mr Amber’s eyes narrowed slightly and he glanced at Althea. “It has been a long time since you ruled the Ghostbloods. Perhaps we no longer need your leadership.” Underneath his suit scales grew silently, forming a flexible but powerful armor. He prepared for Sephtis’s response, which would probably be angry.

With his hand in his pocket, Cain begin to from his black dagger. 

"Well, Sephtis, I happen to like they way we are currently,  thank you," he said, "I'm not so sure you'd make anything better." He wrapped his hand around his dagger, expecting a response that might not be so positive. "We already have a powerful enough guild, with powers all around, we are in our glory, just not active currently."

e324fd9135e0cf9d9ef353b02c973ef1__1541705754_37772__1541705754_78758.jpg.0bb9a96833fad050b8e078672dac593d.jpg

"Be that as it may." Sephtis responded he nodded to each in turn. "Do not beg for mercy when I have my blade at your neck. I will give you two options. One you let me reassert control as I have stated or you may accompany me now and experience glorious change that will be wrought by my hands."

He pushed through the group, moving towards the overlook's cliff. He turned to the group one last time.

"I doubt you will be able to find me again but know this. I am merciful to those that have repented." With that farewell he leaned back and fell over the cliff.

The fall was a short trip. He sucked in a bit of stormlight. Instead of hitting the ground, he went through it, using Teleportation to transfer to the place he desired.

Cain looked around at the group. "Well, I may not follow him, but that doesn't mean I'll stick with you guys," He said as he turned back towards the alley, "I still need to decide who I'm truly loyal to. Until till then, I'll work alone." He walked into the alley and let the shadows consume him.

Valdwen tapped a bit of mental speed he had previously stored up, maybe, just maybe, he could deduct this 'sephtis' location.  He turned back to the group. 

"I have heard little of this man, but from what I have heard, it would be prudent to place our loyalties with him."

“You wouldn’t be wrong.” Li replied Solace is a powerful and cunning man who’s fair to those loyal to him. You will be well serving him, just know by you will end up doing thing you will regret by doing so.” Li fingered Mejin’s note in his pocket. Nodding “I should be getting back to the hospital. My loyalty not withstanding if Solace is back the’re going to be needing any help they can get.” Li finished breaking away from the rest of them walking off.

Valdwen, still thinking rapidly, threw himself off of the cliff.  He dropped a coin and, flaring steel, pushed against it.  It slammed into the ground, and flung him up into the air.  He continued like this for a while 

Spoiler

@Mraize, can I deduct your location?

Freyja looked up in awe seeing the man seemingly floating in thin air unaided. It had been a long and arduous journey from Shadesmar. She looked at her Cultivationspren, Wraen. "I don't think we went through the right perpendicularity. This doesn't seem right." "We'll perhaps if you weren't so impetuous!" snarked Wraen. "Well there's nothing for it! C'mon then! Let's see if we can find the leader of the Ghostbloods. They're the key to understanding how to get out of this mess." Replied Freyja.

Spoiler

Hey, so I thought I'd write my character in. I can type up the backstory and her skills and such. If this doesn't fit in the narrative, let me know. Basically, she is a native Rosharan who escaped from the island of Aimia. She's an Edgedancer and escaped to and from Shadesmar.

Edited by whattheHoid

Tena checked the tracking device, she'd planted one on Solace, on her watch. "Well, I dunno 'bout y'all, but I am sick and tired of having no one in charge," she said to the other Ghostbloods, pulling out her Tia card that was linked to Solace and tapped it, disappearing for the second time that day. 

Wraen spied the woman who disappeared. He went back to Freyja and relayed what happened. "Caution Freyja! Please! Let us not make the same mistakes and rush headlong into danger. The people here have technology and powers we don't understand!" 

"We need to follow them! We can be careful; if need be we can become slick, but we need answers! We need allies! They could be coming for us!" retorted Freyja.

Quietly, they crept along.

Spoiler

Yes, @AxeliustheGrizzled, she saw you or rather, Tena.

Edited by whattheHoid

Althea nodded, thinking about this mess for a while.

"So it seems. This is going to be interesting. We also need to sort the traitors out, remove them. I know how to easily contact the council - and our leader. Would you mind taking us there?"

Turning to Hellbent she added:

"Solace is back. And we just lost a part of our members. We need to act soon or we will loose them all."

@Life&Death

@Badadah

Althea nodded.
"Of course. But let us meet with the Council first. We need to sort out the traitors before we call them all to a meeting to the city."

I think it would be wise to rp everything involving the council in a seperate pm? What do you think?

And the meeting afterwards in oasis city?

@Badadah

@Life&Death

Edited by Sorana

Max looked from afar, Sethramir unsummoned.

This is our burden.

He was expressionless. A challenger to the Ghostbloods. Solace. Max had only heard stories of the legendary leader. He’d dissapeared after the Seven Day War, But everyone spoke of him with big words.

And he was back, challenging the Ghostbloods if they didn’t give him back his authority. The Ghostbloods had changed since his absence, a major rescaling had occurred, new leaders picked, but did that mean Solace could still walk in and claim ownership.

Max thought of joining him, joining the legendary hero, and thought about how it would be a betrayal. But the Ghostbloods had Lusk. They wanted him for his Rioting. And Solace was no man for empty threats.

Max made his descision, and stalked away. He would follow the mastermind. He would follow Solace.

This is or burden.