What’s your Callsign?

I think I am here.

My callsign? hmmmmmm

Probably Cake. 

My middle name is Kate, but when i was little, I legitimately thought that my middle name was Cake. My parents tried to correct me, but it didn't work. I have henceforth learned that my middle name is indeed, Kate. That's why my callsign is cake.  

9 hours ago, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

My callsign? hmmmmmm

Probably Cake. 

My middle name is Kate, but when i was little, I legitimately thought that my middle name was Cake. My parents tried to correct me, but it didn't work. I have henceforth learned that my middle name is indeed, Kate. That's why my callsign is cake.  

Welcome to the class of 2020 Cake. Believe it or not, Ricochet is our wingleader :)

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, wishiwasstormblessed said:

I'm a bit late to this forum, but I would choose callsign: Hiraeth. It's a Welsh word that doesn't really translate into English, but from what I've read, it pretty much means an intense longing for home, even if that home never truly existed. 

I think this is a cool callsign. Just out of curiosity why would you pick this callsign?

48 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

I think this is a cool callsign. Just out of curiosity why would you pick this callsign?

Well, for one thing, I think it's just a pretty word. But more importantly, even when I'm at home, I usually feel homesick, and I have no idea for where. (Maybe I belong on Detrius instead of Earth). And that's pretty much what 'hiraeth' means. 

On 1/30/2020 at 5:09 PM, wishiwasstormblessed said:

Well, for one thing, I think it's just a pretty word. But more importantly, even when I'm at home, I usually feel homesick, and I have no idea for where. (Maybe I belong on Detrius instead of Earth). And that's pretty much what 'hiraeth' means. 

That's interesting. Words that capture more meaning in fewer words really show how inefficient the English language is.  

Edited by Ricocheting Windrunner

• 1 month later...

Mine would be Failsafe. (Surprise!) 

A failsafe is a back up plan, and in my experience, the back up plan is usually much more creative than the original one, and sometimes even better. Its something I use a lot in writing and cooking. If something isn't working right, go back to what you know, think outside the box, look at it over again, and you can usually come up with something to fix whatever it is you screwed up in the first place. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest _Shallan_

This is a tough one because I am not very original.  Is there a rule that I can't chose my own username here?  I know that's boring, but it's all I got right now.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:25 PM, CahiraCelosial said:

I even have different 'people' living in my head! 

Can I ask for clarification? 

On 3/30/2020 at 9:16 PM, -Felurian- said:

Is there a rule that I can't chose my own username here? 

I don’t think so, I’ve seen other people do it. (Including myself. :P

11 hours ago, AonEne said:

Can I ask for clarification? 

So, you know how you act differently in different situations depending on who is there, what your surroundings are, etc? Like, at school you're a little bit more sarcastic, at home you're a little bit quieter, stuff like that? It's sort of like that, I guess? It's my 'masks' and my emotions. So, I've got my daredevil side, quiet side, somewhere in between those two side, etc. 

Basically just the personas that I fall into fairly regularly. Sorry if I just confused you more, I'm not the greatest at explaining stuff. 

21 hours ago, CahiraCelosial said:

So, you know how you act differently in different situations depending on who is there, what your surroundings are, etc? Like, at school you're a little bit more sarcastic, at home you're a little bit quieter, stuff like that? It's sort of like that, I guess? It's my 'masks' and my emotions. So, I've got my daredevil side, quiet side, somewhere in between those two side, etc. 

Basically just the personas that I fall into fairly regularly. Sorry if I just confused you more, I'm not the greatest at explaining stuff. 

I totally understand and relate to this.