Skyward Full Book Spoiler Thread

Chaos

• 1 month later...

I initially started reading Skyward in April, but at the time I couldn't find the strength to go further than the first couple chapters. I found Spensa insufferable, because of her dramatic overconfidence. Her characterization, added to the obvious incoming failure of her pilot exam, made me feel so stressed and embarrassed... I had to put the book down.

It wasn't Brandon's fault so much as my own personal taste in characters.

Fast forward to a few days ago, I needed a good story to dive into so I picked it up again. And... well here I am. I ended up loving it! Spensa's character still irked me from time to time, but increasingly less as I progressed.

However, I don't understand how all characters seemed to accept her from the start, and even appreciate and respect her, for some. Like, please, you're telling me nobody in her flight found her battle cries and overall attitude cringy and/or annoying?

Am I the only one who can't stand people like that?

(I don't include Jorgen since they got into a personal conflict almost immediately) 

Anyway, I loved the story and I don't regret waiting till now to give it a second chance since I now only have to wait a week for book two hehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/20/2019 at 9:23 AM, Seize said:

However, I don't understand how all characters seemed to accept her from the start, and even appreciate and respect her, for some. Like, please, you're telling me nobody in her flight found her battle cries and overall attitude cringy and/or annoying?

To be fair her entire culture is very aggressive and cringe worthy.  Your average defiant is probably not what we would call well balanced.

23 hours ago, Ammanas said:

edit: Perhaps a few details are off like skin color etc. I’m talking about facial structure and general vibe

Really?  To me he looks nothing like that.

1 hour ago, Karger said:

Really?  To me he looks nothing like that.

Can you imagine more of a jerk face? I can’t. To be honest physical descriptions of characters are not really important to me and are always very vague in my minds eye as I read; to each their own though...

Edited by Ammanas

Riley_Finn.jpg

1 hour ago, Ammanas said:

Can you imagine more of a jerk face? I can’t. To be honest physical descriptions of characters are not really important to me and are always very vague in my minds eye as I read; to each their own though...

This is how I see him so go figure.

Edited by Karger

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos unpinned this topic