The North Sea

Archer

Once they landed, Araha had observed Damaya wasn't with them and look off in the distance where she saw her being flown away, following Riathor who she didn't see leave. "Can uhh, one of you take me to follow her? We're kind of a team," she gestured to Damaya and said to the Winged, not any particular one. She then looked to Pry @Silva, "I'm not sure if you wanna come with us, might be a good idea to stick together, but you can stay here too,"

@AxeliustheGrizzled

can you also give me control of one of the Winged? I'm not gonna really play them, just use them to bring Araha around if needed.

She’ll be back, but I planned this explanation for her absence a while ago.

Pry thought back to the spanreed she’d recieved not long ago. It was now or never and she knew she had to.

She bit her lip, wondering how to phrase what she was about to say. “Two years ago my ninth sibling was born. I’ve never met him, there’s always been something going on preventing me from visiting. A week ago, my tenth sibling was born. He’s weak and my sister told me they’re worried about him surviving. It’s scary and while what’s happening here is important to me, I can’t live my life without ever meeting my little brother if he...” she trailed off. “What I mean to say without all the details is that I’m going to Scadrial for a visit. I don’t know how long I’ll be gone, but I will try to get back.” Pry swallowed. There. She was good. Saying it aloud made it sink in a little more. Her newborn baby brother could be dying at that moment. The least she could do was be there. That much she had to do. 

Edited by Silva

@Silva

Araha nodded, then approached Pry, putting a hand on her shoulder since the Winged hadn't taken her flying yet. "I understand, you need to see your family so take as long as you need, you're not obligated to be here," she smiled at the younger woman, though maybe not the best idea to come with them on a two week ship coming to this place, "I'm not sure if there are faster ways to get back to the mainland though, I can't help you there, sorry."

@Cyanic

In the distance a bit farther up the coast, Pry spotted what she was looking for. A new boat pulling up. She recognized a curly haired woman peering through binoculars waving to her from aboard.

"Something tells me that I have a friend who can get me where I need to," Pry said, still watching Mejin. "Tell Damaya that I hope her life gets figured out."

Pry then began to make her way over to her after waving goodbye to Araha. It wouldn't take two weeks to get to where she needed, not if she had expert navigators of the water alleys with her.

Somewhere on the island, near the edge

Klo panted an he ran, his feet slapping the uneven ground. He knew he was bleeding. The sharp rocks underfoot didn't help. But he kept on sprinting, headed across the flat, sandy expanse that made up the beach on this side of the island. The rough sounds of the waves smashing into the shoreline lured him in. Behind him, he could hear nothing. There was a complete lack of sound. That's how he knew they were chasing him.

He thought back to his escape, preparing an explanatory internal monologue. Had it really been just thirty minutes since he'd dug his way out that cage? Suddenly, his thoughts were cut off by an eerie silence. He squinted at the water. It was still there, waves crashing upon each other, but he couldn't hear them. It was as if he'd been suddenly struck deaf. 

A muted rustling noise came from his left. He followed it blindly, picking up speed again. As he followed it, it got progressively louder. I can make it. Just a little further, he thought desperately. 

Then he felt a sharp pang of pain in his right thigh. He fell hard, face plowing into the dirt. More pain followed, along his legs and back. Then, the sweet relief of sleep.

Edited by Archer

One of the Winged walked to Araha and told her that she'd be the one to take Araha, "alright, take me back up, and follow my friend if that's alright," the Winged did so and they followed Damaya and her Winged who had quite a lead but was still visible in the distance.

On 17.11.2018 at 5:09 AM, Badadah said:

As Araha began to catch up, she decided to shout ahead. "Damaya! What are you doing?" She said this with a grin.

@Sorana

Damaya waved at Araha and pointed down.
"I wanted to follow Riathor. But I am not sure, if he wants me to do this, of if we can really keep up."

@Callsign: Leviathan If you don't want me/ us to follow that's fine :)

@Callsign: Leviathan

Follow if you want. I won't go far.

Riathor soared up, the island shrinking as he gained height. His companions shrunk into ants.

What was he doing? Shouldn't he stay with them?

No...

Something was calling him.

A very familiar voice.

Coming from much farther inland. 

He could hear it.

Feel it.

Taste it.

SEE it.

It came, a lilting voice.

Calling for help.

Calling... for him.

Riathor.

He who had a spren.

He who had lost it.

He who would regain it.

Riathor cried out, finding a metal source on the boat and shooting forward towards the island. She was waiting for him-

He saw a figure on the beach. One who was sleeping.

One who bled.

The voice died out as Riathor fell, flaring Pewter as he hit the ground. He knelt next to the fallen figure.

He turned away. "Help!" He cried out. 

@Archer @Sorana

Klasten heard activity on the beach around him. He opened his eyes to find strangers standing near him. He instinctively raised his arm to fend them off, but they didn't appear threatening. He opened his mouth to greet them, but no words came out. 

Rust, he thought to himself. 

Nogard touched down on the island. It was moving, he noted, so he didn't have to worry about that. 

----Far Away----

I descended from the Realm.

I let out a sigh. Finally, I could stop using italics for everything.

I ran my hand over the glassy black wall in the Ascension room and nodded appreciatively. I stepped off the dais onto the smooth black floor. Far below I could see flames. An optical illusion, of course. The floor was solid and unbreakable all the way down to the foundation.

Edited by xinoehp512

Riathor frowned as the fallen person seemed unable to speak.

"Help!" he cried out again.

Hopefully, someone from his ship would notice. Riathor was not known for his ability to help people.

Well...

Riathor didn't know the best place to grab a potentially wounded victim to transport them. Was he really the best person for the job?

There seemed to be blood seeping out from under the man, but Riathor wasn't trained in that enough to tell where the wounded areas were.

Riathor sighed, then grabbed the man by the front of his shirt, then dropped a coin.

He pushed as hard as he could.

The coin sank into the ground, and Riathor was launched upwards, the wounded man in tow.

They flew towards the ship.

@Archer @Sorana

Edited by Callsign: Leviathan

Damaya saw Riathor land, but she was too far away to see what was going on. He picked someone up and then lauchend himself into the air again, carrying the person.
"Could you fly me over there?"
she asked Mari and the Winged beat her wings and they flew over.
"Can I help?"
Damaya shouted to Riathor.
"Maybe take the legs or something like that?"

@Callsign: Leviathan

Nogard watched the wounded man get carried off. Huh, he thought.

He turned to Koran. "Can you take me to your main city?"

@AxeliustheGrizzled

What is your main city like?

-----Far away-----

I stepped from the doors of the Ascension room directly onto the flat plane that surrounded the Mountain. I started walking, then stopped. Why walk?

I stepped forwards, blurring across the landscape towards the Ring of Death. I came to a stop outside the Realm of Dreams.

I grinned. Perfect.

Then I stepped in.

Edited by xinoehp512