The North Sea

Archer

Her bond to the island will stay.

Once everyone had gotten safely inside, Kodeka closed the hole behind them. The few shadow birds left were leaderless, but it didn't hurt to be careful.

Then he pulled upwards, lifting free of the corpse of the island. With him rose as much land as he could carry. The islands he had created would not remain bare for long.

Below, the island began to sink, the sea rushing in behind. Only a few minutes later, it was gone.

So, do you want to RP the rest, or leave that for the ending and go to a google doc and start writing what happens in the break?

I'd prefer to rp the rest, but as it mostly will be fluff, and the fact that we're still stuck in era 2 stops everybody else from joining I'd say we switch to the google doc, make a quick outline what happens. Then we can go on here in era 3 and write the text for the timeskip afterwards.

Edited by Sorana

Having bided his time in silence, watching and waiting, the man finally saw his chance to jump in and take control.

Flying in from off screen, where he had been observing what was happening, the man approached a small group of the remaining Shadowbirds, and imposed his will on them. It wasn't too difficult, given that they had already been under the control of someone else for so long. They seemed to welcome him in, and enfold his mind within theirs.

With almost a snap, his mind was suddenly flooded with a stream of images, sounds, and feelings foreign to his body. He was flying in every direction at once, using his wings to maneuver through the air currents. Swooping and diving, searching for his next prey. Suddenly feeling momentum, the man snapped back to his own body, realizing he was falling toward the water below. Reverting control back, the man focused on keeping his mind just separate enough from the swarm to maintain his own bodily functions. 

His planning had worked. He had been able to take over a small group of the now mindless Shadowbirds, and now his potential was even greater. He called the few he had to him, and inspected them. One in particular caught his eye, not for any real or meaningful reason, but it looked even more fierce than the rest. He Bonded to it, and manipulating Connection further, connected it firmly to others in a more dominant way. Imposing his will on it, the Shadowbird changed before his eyes, gaining a higher level of individuality. As he did this, he felt the weight of the other birds on his mind lessen, and felt the mind of the new Queen in his own.

He hadn't expected things to go down in the cavern exactly as they had, but it was no skin off his teeth. He got what he had wanted, after all. Now to go find the remaining flocks, and see what could be done about them.

12 hours ago, Ken Kaneki said:

I just got back into 17th Shard. Can someone please update me on what's happening?

This thread is finished for now. We will start a new plot for era three soon, we only need to sort some things, that will happen in the one year interval between era 2 and 3. If you're still interested to rp here, I can tag you, once we are ready.