The North Sea

Archer

18 hours ago, AxeliustheGrizzled said:

Tezandranon smiled, a much wider smile than Damaya's own, and said, "Well, we have stuff like sea-mirins or changelings, though those are technically non-canon. Also brightlions, nightlions, direwolves, godlings, dercons, Skywhales, Fleshflies," Andy paused at that, shivering, "though you do not want to encounter any of that last. Also, I hear a trio of Skywhales and a squad of Zosans are active in some war of your's. Wereci was so pissed when he found out." She got a mischievous look on her face, then added, "We also have a couple more of these," she gestured at the Winged, "waiting around so I can take you to our resident island." 

Andy turned to look at the Winged, then remembered his name suddenly. "Klin, right?" 

He rolled his eyes and nodded. Andy turned back to Damaya and asked, "So, you in?" 

"Sure, I'm in. Would you be opposed to take my friends as well, should they wish to come as well?" ( @Silva @Gancho Libre

She turned to Araha:

"I'm talking to this nice woman, she offered to take me on a tour. And I told her I'll come along." @Cyanic

Damaya rightened her bag and smiled at Andy.

"Is there anything I need to keep in mind. I never saw something like this before."

She looked over to the Winged and tried to imagined how it would be to ride it.

Klin sighed while Andy grinned and pulled her walkie-talkie out of her pocket, radioing to Wereci, "We'll need maybe three more Winged on my position. And send a Skywhale too. Yup, I found tourists. Yup, they want to see the stuff from our world. Yup, get all the ship-chickens and shipdogs ready. Turn into a panther if you must." She turned off her walkie as the conversation closed, then to explained to Damaya, "Klin here is a Winged; a human-like lifeform with big ole feathery wings. You can tell the difference between males and females by their plumage, males have blue-tipped feathers and females don't. They are not good at swimming, none of 'em." By the time her explanation was done, three more Winged had arrived, all three females. The only difference between their clothing and Klin's was that they wore tight-fitting single-piece shirts. Andy walked up to Klin and he obligingly picked her up. From her position in Klin's arms, Andy said, "Just let them pick you up. They are professional fliers, don't worry about them dropping you." @Sorana @Cyanic @Silva @Gancho Libre

A moment later another Winged showed up, an older man with a beard.

Edited by AxeliustheGrizzled

Nogard frowned at Kodeka's response. "What do you mean?"

I cannot explain. Not now. The island seemed deeply disturbed.

"Should I go meet with them?"

Kodeka mused for a second. That would be fine. Give them greetings from Kodeka. I am... curious to see how they respond.

Nogard grinned and jumped off the island, plummeting to the group below.

Damaya nodded and walked over to one of the winged. Should she greet it? And how was she to adress it? Awkwardly she smiled at the Winged, a female if she interpreted its plumage right.

"Umm, I'm Damaya. Nice to meet you."

She told it and then saw a man plummeting down to them. @xinoehp512

"Shards watch out!"

She exclaimed and stared him coming closer.

Elsewhere on the island.

A tree branch hit Klasten in the face. He cursed under his breath, insulting the tree’s mother.

The tree didn’t reply. Ahead of him, his guide rambled about the local flora as he cut a path through the undergrowth with his machete.

“When the outside temperature rises,” he loudly proclaimed, “One thousand and one yellow daffodils begin to dance in front of you. Oh dear.”

He abruptly froze, and Klasten rear-ended him. Rubbing his jaw, Klasten peered over the man’s shoulder to see what he ad stopped for. On the ground, a pair of small rodents glared back at him.

“Are they trying to tell you something?” Klasten asked wryly.

The guide began to stammer a response, but Klasten cut him off. “To be honest, you haven't got a clue,” he said, pushing past him. He tried to step over the rodents, but as he did, one of them leaped up and sunk its sizable teeth into Klasten’s boot.

“It finally happened!” the guide crowed. He held his hand up and the tree high-fived it. The rodents ran off, gleefully shrieking.

Meanwhile, Klasten had dramatically paled. “I'm coming down with a fever,” he said softly. Then fell backwards, unconscious before he’d even hit the ground. In his head, four words kept repeating over and over, a repetitive chorus beating his brain like a hammer hitting an anvil.

The guide crouched next to him to search his pockets. He accomplice stepped out from the bushes to help him, picking off the sticks and leaves he’d taped to himself as he went. The guide asked him what he was supposed to be.

“I think I'm a banana tree,” the man replied. Within minutes, they’d searched Klasten’s person, and removed his valuables. They took his hat, boots, ammo belt, and spare gun. They left him his bag though because it felt empty. They then ran back the way they’d came so they could start a guided tour for the next gullible tourist.

I'll try and meet up with the group at some point, maybe my next post. I'll see how it goes. 

I'm at an island. You could always come there. 

Dusk road through the annoyingly dense jungle of their rented island astride a well-bred RBL. It growled and snorted as some smell hit its nose, but continued its steadfast path to where Tez had set up her sound amplifiers. Dusk jumped off the beast after it leaped up the side of Tez's small plateau and shaded his eyes, looking out at the boat/Greatshell thing Tez had talked about over the intercom. He scratched the RBL's ears as it shoved its massive face at Dusk's shoulder, beginning to purr like a housecat, one of its kind's cousin. Of all the kinds of brightlions, Dusk definitely liked the RBLs best. They were larger than a nightlion or GBL, and far more canine, but still much like a cat.

Pry walked over to join Damaya and Araha, who were talking with a native. She stayed a few feet away as to not intrude, but she knew they were aware of her presense.

Pry'll need to go a little inactive for a bit since I'm going overseas and internetless starting Wednesday, not sure I'll get on again before then, hence this warning. So please try not to kill her and just assume she's still quiet and following Damaya and Araha. 

@Sorana Araha nodded, "sure, I'll come with," she looked at the device on her wrist made of different sorts of connectors, wires, and speheres. The stormlight cycler was one of the things she worked on throughout the nights on the seas. She could probably just fly by herself, or at least float, but this was probably safer. She walked to one of the Winged and waved, "hello, I'm Araha," she said with a smile, "I guess you're taking me up?" She observed to see if the Winged had any human features that she could consider attractive, then shrugged for now. @AxeliustheGrizzled

Edited by Cyanic

The man walked over to Andy and Damaya smiled at the winged.

"Let's go."

She stepped forward and lifted her arms a bit, to make it easier for Mari to grab her.

"I've never flewn before..."

She told her and then waited for the Winged to pick her up. Pry and Araha were coming aswell. Maybe this expedition had been a good idea.

@AxeliustheGrizzled

Elsewhere. About three metres off the ground.

Klasten spun slowly, his feet tied to a high branch of an indigenous deciduous tree. A yellow pika-like creature, whose tail shape made it look like it was being perpetually struck by lightning, kept jumping up to poke his face, sending Klo spinning even faster. 

Klo tried to grab it with his hands. It bit his finger. "Leek," Klo told it. "I don't wand any trouble, tribble."

The creature punched him in the nose. "How am I ene hair?" Klo continued, still feeling the effects of the poison from before. 

He got no response. The torture lasted for several more hours, until the rodent got bored. Klo had passed out, so it wasn't as fun anymore. It scampered away, as, in the distance, the beat of tribal drums could be heard approaching.  

Rick started to pull things out of the doorway: cheese, bread, a boombox, a lightsaber, and a nordic style drinking horn, filled with salsa. He shoved it all into his backpack, but then reconsidered and pulled out the boombox. He shouldered the pack and motioned to the group. "WHATS THAT SUPOSED TO MEAN BOSS!!!" one man yelled. "shhh" Rick whispered " they might hear us, then we'll never terrorize them properly" he motioned to the group again, and they began to jump across the trees. The boombox began to play the Avengers theme. 

Klin picked up Araha, and two of the three Winged women picked up their respective responsibilities, Pry and Damaya. The last woman picked up Andy, and the older Winged immediately got Nogard since he seemed like he wanted to come. 

The skywhale was approaching in the distance, its massive bulk making an enormous shadow on the sea. The five Winged began running and then took off, gaining height rapidly.

I have a plot for my character that involves the island. Is that fine?

Nogard let the Winged take him into the sky.

-----------

Far, far away...

I sat idly at my desk, spinning a pair of scissors around on my index finger. The scissors didn't do anything. They were just there for me to spin. I leaned back in my chair and sighed. "Does it work?" I called out. There was no response. So it was going to be one of those kinds of answers. I sighed - again - and stood up, walking over to the box on the floor filled to the brim with fortune cookies. I drew one out and broke it in half. The slip of paper contained only one word, but it was an important word.

Yes.

I smiled. Excellent.

Damaya stared at Riathor, watched him launch away. For a moment she wished she had a way to follow him, running after him seemed stupid. Probably it was stupid to even try to follow.

Damaya felt Mari pick her up and lift her in the air.

"Mari, can you follow him?"

She called to Winged and pointed at Riathor. She had been resposible so far and it had led her to nothing. Maybe it was time to be stupid.

@Gancho Libre

@AxeliustheGrizzled

Would you mind if I use Mari to follow Gancho?

Edited by Sorana