"Real Life" Allomancy or How the second Trilogy might work

Pathfinder

Since spiking students would probably be illegal, could they spike rats? Do animals have a spirit web.

Kuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone's asking about your studies!!!!!

So the Scadrialen schools would have hemalurgy in science lessons. Sounds fun.

Since spiking students would probably be illegal, could they spike rats? Do animals have a spirit web.

Brings a whole new outlook to dissection class, just instead of those pins keeping the bodies open for dissection, its for stabbity fun.  

• 2 weeks later...

So new info for this thread. Saw Brandon yesterday at comic con, and I asked him if there was anyway I could beg or convince him to have in the modern day trilogy, a TV in the background playing a show called "Tales from the Old Roughs, The Wax and Wayne show". He chuckled a bit, and said in fact he already planned to do something like that, but he was going to have it be a graphic novel in the modern day trilogy world, where you would see people cosplaying in old roughs style clothing. The modern trilogy needs to happen now lolol

although my blood tan question got RAFOed  :mellow:

Edited by Pathfinder

I think that if Scadrial develops modern medicine, Allomancers and Feurochemist will donate powers like how we donate organs.  You check a little box saying "I am a donor" and when you're lying in the hospital bed, the doctor's like "Damnit, we can't save him...get the spike ready."

I wonder how cloning would interact with allomancy and feruchemy. If you have a steel misting for instance, and clone him or her, will you get another person with the exact same spirit web and thereby the same ability, or would everything physical be the same, but the spirit web different because it is a separate being and thereby a different ability? Like twins for instance. 

I guess it would depend on whether the process used to clone someone duplicated their sDNA as well as their DNA.

Two genetically identical people can be different due to which genes are actually expressed so that may or may not be the case depending on how spirit webs work.

I guess it would depend on whether the process used to clone someone duplicated their sDNA as well as their DNA.

Two genetically identical people can be different due to which genes are actually expressed so that may or may not be the case depending on how spirit webs work.

Well, sDNA is probably not solely contained in the DNA, so I would expect them to have different spiritwebs. I believe (though I'm not sure) that there's a WoB that twins wouldn't have the same sDNA, though, so a clone wouldn't either.

so then theoretically, and keep in mind this is conjecture and in no way a theory i am espousing as factual and in book world, but if you took a misting with lets say allomantic steel, and cloned them enough times could you possibly end up with a clone with every allomantic and feruchemal possibility? Basically rolling the sDNA dice as it were. Then take all the clones, and spike them to the original to get a fullborn?

Edited by Pathfinder

so then theoretically, and keep in mind this is conjecture and in no way a theory i am espousing as factual and in book world, but if you took a misting with lets say allomantic steel, and cloned them enough times could you possibly end up with a clone with every allomantic and feruchemal possibility? Basically rolling the sDNA dice as it were. Then take all the clones, and spike them to the original to get a fullborn?

The age old question: is your Misting type determined at birth, or when you Snap?

I'm inclined to believe you'd get a bunch of different types of Mistings because I lean towards your type not being determined until you Snap.

Their sDNA might be different, but the genes for Allomancy are unlikely to be different I'd guess.

The age old question: is your Misting type determined at birth, or when you Snap?

I'm inclined to believe you'd get a bunch of different types of Mistings because I lean towards your type not being determined until you Snap.

Their sDNA might be different, but the genes for Allomancy are unlikely to be different I'd guess.

That is true, I didn't consider the snapping, but that does raise another question. For those very knowledgeable on spiking, does anyone know if a misting has to be snapped first before you can spike their ability? I know it would be difficult to know where to spike and what spike to use if you do not know what the ability of the misting is, but let us hypothetically say the individual did not snap but you somehow know what ability he or she would have if they snapped. Could you still spike them and get the ability pre-snapping?

Edited by Pathfinder

That is true, I didn't consider the snapping, but that does raise another question. For those very knowledgeable on spiking, does anyone know if a misting has to be snapped first before you can spike their ability? I know it would be difficult to know where to spike and what spike to use if you do not know what the ability of the misting is, but let us hypothetically say the individual did not snap but you somehow know what ability he or she would have if they snapped. Could you still spike them and get the ability pre-snapping?

That's the question that inspired mine! I have no clue on what the answer is. My only speculation is that you could spike an unSnapped person and spike yourself, then you'd have to be Snapped yourself but you'd still get Allomancy.

That's the question that inspired mine! I have no clue on what the answer is. My only speculation is that you could spike an unSnapped person and spike yourself, then you'd have to be Snapped yourself but you'd still get Allomancy.

Lol, I could see myself complaining to Ruin, "Dammit, isn't being spiked traumatic enough to cover snapping? Now I have to be beat up too!?!"

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's entirely possible, since Vin's sister was a Seeker and unless she Snapped at birth like Vin did, she hadn't Snapped yet. (Unless the process of spiking is enough to get someone to snap, of course)

Edited by JimmyTMalice

I think it's entirely possible, since Vin's sister was a Seeker and unless she Snapped at birth like Vin did, she hadn't Snapped yet. (Unless the process of spiking is enough to get someone to snap, of course)

Vin's sister does seem like an important thing to consider. Vin was chosen by Ruin because she was the only Mistborn born with a Seeker sister. This might imply that Misting type is chosen at birth - but then, Vin Snapped during birth, so the chances of her sister Snapping that way too are very high.

Vin's sister does seem like an important thing to consider. Vin was chosen by Ruin because she was the only Mistborn born with a Seeker sister. This might imply that Misting type is chosen at birth - but then, Vin Snapped during birth, so the chances of her sister Snapping that way too are very high.

So random twisted thought I had. If Vin and her sister experienced twin embolisation syndrome in the womb, would Vin still have become a mistborn with more powerful seeking abilities without needing to be hemalurgically empowered?

So here is another thought, in rare situations where animals are born with two heads and even rarer people are, then they would have separate sDNA right? So theoretically if a person like that were snapped, they could be two mistings in one body?

That is disturbing.

So here is another thought, in rare situations where animals are born with two heads and even rarer people are, then they would have separate sDNA right? So theoretically if a person like that were snapped, they could be two mistings in one body?

Ogre Magi was a dual-Misting the entire time!

I feel like that would be less effective, unless they were stationary, just shooting things.

Well I was going to say if they learned to work together and time things, they could potentially be even better, but for some reason this caused another thought to pop in my head. If they share the same body, but seperate spirit web, Would lets say a steel left head zinc right head, would the right head see blue lines when the left head burned steel?

Ogre Magi was a dual-Misting the entire time!

upvote for the warcraft reference alone lolol

• Chaos locked this topic