Heve odium invaded Scadrial?

Blessed peace

Sorry if there is already a post saying what i say here.

I the end of 'the bands of mourning' (chapter 28) there is a section where wax is dead and is talking to harmony.

and there harmony shows him (in the cognitive realm) that  the planet is engulfed by red mist, and imply that he is under attack from the outside. 

Furthermore, in the epilog it is said by the set's faceless immortal "recent advances made civilization here too dangerous... So we have decided to remove life on this sphere...  You will be allowed to serve in another realm". 

Does anyone need any further proof that someone who does not belong on Scadrial is muddying things up? 

I personally think this is odium's work. and part, and i emphasize part, of the reason harmony is open to hoid's own letter but cannot help him. 

Also the oblivious way the facelees immortal is behaving is very close to the disregard of the fused of their own lives. 

This is a can of worms that we've been struggling with ever since Bands of Mourning released. We know that there is an outside influence on Scadrial, we know that it is from a Shard we know. Other than that, theories have been abundant, with the general thing being that it is Autonomy, because 1. Odium is locked on Braize/Roshar and 2. Autonomy has avatars that do things on multiple worlds. 

Of course, with Branderson's twists, it'll probably come out of left field.

Is there a WoB on an odium - autonomy collab? 

And waht will be autonomy reason to attack? 

Besides autonomy letter say quote: "But we stand in the sea, pleased with our domains. Leave us alone." I really ask why would he even intrude on a world with a shard? 

Edited by blessed peace

35 minutes ago, blessed peace said:

Is there a WoB on an odium - autonomy collab? 

And waht will be autonomy reason to attack? 

Besides autonomy letter say quote: "But we stand in the sea, pleased with our domains. Leave us alone." I really ask why would he even intrude on a world with a shard? 

Autonomy just kind of... does stuff. 

This is one of the other reasons it's probably not just Odium doing things:

Questioner

Is Harmony stronger than Odium?

Brandon Sanderson

Harmony has two shards. So by raw power he is stronger than Odium. Odium is much more warrior-minded and killing-minded, so I don't know if Harmony could actually beat him. But Odium is scared of Harmony.

source

on the other hand:

Questioner

Could-- would Odium ever work with another Shard? Maybe not pick up another one--

Brandon Sanderson

If he were in charge. Yes, this is within the realm of possibility of what Odium would do. In fact, that may have happened at various points *sly smile*.

source

Haradion Drogon

The Letter implies Odium is allied or at least cross purposes with Bavadin. Is Odium actively allied to any *other* cosmere Power(s)?

Brandon Sanderson

YES.

source

Questioner

Is there any connection between Odium and Trell?

Brandon Sanderson

Is there any connection between Odium and Trell. This is-- Yes there is some connection. That is a question about-- If you understood it then great, if you didn't then don't worry.

source

Also Odium has been messing around on Scadrial for a while now:

Questioner

Is there anything I should look at as a hint for something we haven’t figured out yet?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, that's a good question too. There are moments through the entire original trilogy that people haven't figured out yet. But they've picked out most of what they are, they just don't know why. Like they know something weird is happening, they don't know-- They haven't guessed why the weirdness is happening. The weirdness is figure-out-able, but it would be hard. But it's not outside of reason for you to figure out why these certain moments-- these moments people have not yet figured out.

Questioner

Because Odium had influence on Scadrial.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. Not a ton, but yes.

Questioner

...Kelsier had an irrational hatred for Nobles.

Brandon Sanderson

He did, he did indeed.

source

As to the thing about being pleased with their domains, there was also a portion that said something along the lines of "If you had approached the correct one of us with your plea, you might have found favor" or something. Autonomy is currently a lot of people at once, Avatars of themselves split and are kind of all doing their own thing:

emailanimal

[Brandon] must have had enough of chuckles every time someone referred to Bavadin as a "he" over the past few years.....

Brandon Sanderson

Bavadin has several male personas, and has often appeared as male for one purpose or another, so it's not that much of an issue. She has more female personas, but some of the male ones are quite popular.

This won't be relevant for a long while, but as a service to the community, let me say this: try not to get too hung up on gender, race, or even human appearance where Bavadin is concerned. There are some peoples who worship entire pantheons where every member is actually her.

Argent

There are some peoples who worship entire pantheons where every member is actually her.

I think that's hilarious.

I've been meaning to ask a similar question for a few days now, I am glad someone else did and you replied. Bavadin is now instantly super interesting to me!

Brandon Sanderson

Bavadin is awesome. One regret of finally moving on from White Sand (and doing the graphic novel, instead of doing an entire trilogy myself) is because I won't get to show her off as a character for a while. It should still happen, mind you, but I have enough on my plate right now that I just can't do it all.

Argent

Eh, it's alright. The more we wait to see her, the more practice writing you will have when you do write her, and the more awesome she will be to us :) Are we going to see her in White Sand first though, or elsewhere?

I've also been talking with a couple of friends about Ambition, who happens to be a Shard I love unconditionally just because of his?her? mandate. So I should ask - how tight-lipped do you intend to be with information about it? Can we prod for a little bit of trivia, or is it too early for that?

Brandon Sanderson

I'm going to be pretty tight-lipped for now. Let's at least let White Sand finish first--you will find her in there, though her touch on the story (directly) is light. She prefers to allow her personas to become the focus of attention.

source

Let's just say there's a lot of shenanigans happening.

Just like others at first i found the "Odium is Trell" connection as the educated guess. Tho eventually i am a believer that "Autonomy is Trell" (which is the more popular theory nowadays) for a few reasons i could think of

• Tho by timeline it makes sense(Wax&Wayne era happens post-timeskip of SA). Narratively it doesn't sound good considering it doesn't make sense that Odium goes double frontier and that it's a big spoiler/jeopardizes Stormlight Archives for a minor improvement of Mistborn. One shard is enough to get Odium's full attention
  • It is too predictable(gives me a clue this is not it).
  • The SET faceless immortals did not show the similar traits as the fused or those who follow Odium around Oathbringer(Amaram and Moash perspective).
  • The theme of SET in general as to why they are fighting Harmony is to "set people free". Which with the correct mental gymnastics sounds like Autonomy(even without mental gymnastics on the part of the vessel).
  • Stormlight Archives while is a part of Cosmere is supposed to be able to be able to be read as a standalone (this is Sanderson's big epic). So i highly doubt there would be huge crossovers as you would think like this level.(this is the big reason why it can't be Odium ). The later mistborn however is meant to be for cosmere centric(era 4 and maybe era 3 but era 4 for sure)
  • Red Haze means coopted/corrupted investiture.

• Chaos locked this topic