The Last Post Wins!!!!!

12 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

That sounds really cool! Except my head would probably explode as each paradox was explained and I’d just be left as a confused mess lying on the floor! 

If your head had exploded, how would you be confused? Wouldn’t you be dead? 

SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS NEW PARADOX 

9 hours ago, AonEne said:

If your head had exploded, how would you be confused? Wouldn’t you be dead? 

SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS NEW PARADOX 

Chapter One: The Salad Paradox

“We’ve got a new mission,” Ene said, hanging up the phone and stuffing it into her pocket. “An individual named The Awakened Salad has had their head explode, but claims to be lying on the floor in a confused state. That can’t be possible it they’re dead.” Her partner nodded. Ene checked her phone. “Apartment 16a, White Sands Avenue. The individual doesn’t seem to be dangerous.”

The pair set off down the street towards the apartment. People avoided their gazes as they passed by, noting their shining PSIU badges. The Paradox Special Investigations Unit. 

At last, they reached the apartment. Ene tried the door, and it swung open with a loud creak. Odd. Had the effects of the paradox already started? The hallway inside was dark. A sickly green light shone from the exit sign across the hall. Ene stepped inside, her footsteps echoing in the too-quiet room. It’s too quiet, Ene thought. This is wrong.

When a paradox started, it only affected the individual that caused it and their immediate surroundings. It slowly spread out, and if not stopped, could keep going until it consumed the entire world. But... she had only received the call ten minutes ago. It couldn’t have spread throughout the whole building this quickly, right? 

She checked the elevator. It was broken. In the real version of this apartment building — the version where the paradox wasn’t happening — the elevator would’ve worked. But in an area being affected by a paradox, most things were reversed. Ene sighed and started up the stairs.

Sixteen flights of stairs later, Ene finally stood outside 16a. The paradox distortion was stronger here. Colours were inverted, and it was almost pitch black. No one was around. What could be waiting for her behind this door? There was only one way to find out.

Ene twisted the door handle and stepped inside.

(Ene for some reason you’re really good at triggering my writing inspiration. Sorry for kind of godmodding you as well.)

2 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

Hello!

It is actually. I got a 32 on the ACT first freaking try. Still hyped up about that. 

That’s great, dude! 

39 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

(Ene for some reason you’re really good at triggering my writing inspiration. Sorry for kind of godmodding you as well.)

This is AWESOME! Salad, you madperson, you’re fantastic. I give you all the praise. I love it :lol: 

Edit: whoops, sorry 

Edit Edit: Also, I got serious Snapshot vibes from that 

Edited by AonEne
I mean madperson in a good way I thought I should confirm

11 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Chapter One: The Salad Paradox

“We’ve got a new mission,” Ene said, hanging up the phone and stuffing it into her pocket. “An individual named The Awakened Salad has had their head explode, but claims to be lying on the floor in a confused state. That can’t be possible it they’re dead.” Her partner nodded. Ene checked her phone. “Apartment 16a, White Sands Avenue. The individual doesn’t seem to be dangerous.”

The pair set off down the street towards the apartment. People avoided their gazes as they passed by, noting their shining PSIU badges. The Paradox Special Investigations Unit. 

At last, they reached the apartment. Ene tried the door, and it swung open with a loud creak. Odd. Had the effects of the paradox already started? The hallway inside was dark. A sickly green light shone from the exit sign across the hall. Ene stepped inside, her footsteps echoing in the too-quiet room. It’s too quiet, Ene thought. This is wrong.

When a paradox started, it only affected the individual that caused it and their immediate surroundings. It slowly spread out, and if not stopped, could keep going until it consumed the entire world. But... she had only received the call ten minutes ago. It couldn’t have spread throughout the whole building this quickly, right? 

She checked the elevator. It was broken. In the real version of this apartment building — the version where the paradox wasn’t happening — the elevator would’ve worked. But in an area being affected by a paradox, most things were reversed. Ene sighed and started up the stairs.

Sixteen flights of stairs later, Ene finally stood outside 16a. The paradox distortion was stronger here. Colours were inverted, and it was almost pitch black. No one was around. What could be waiting for her behind this door? There was only one way to find out.

A dark figure smiled creepily at her from the window.

13 hours ago, AonEne said:

This is AWESOME! Salad, you madperson, you’re fantastic. I give you all the praise. I love it :lol: 

Edit: whoops, sorry 

Edit Edit: Also, I got serious Snapshot vibes from that 

*Bows awkwardly but then trips*

But seriously, I’m going to send a shipping container of gratitude to your house or something. Knowing that I made someone happy(?) with my writing is probably one of the biggest compliments you can give me. Though I’ve never been called a madperson before ^_^. (I’m not taking offense, don’t worry). 

I actually haven’t gotten around to reading Snapshot yet. I’ll push it forward on my reading list.

19 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

But seriously, I’m going to send a shipping container of gratitude to your house or something. Knowing that I made someone happy(?) with my writing is probably one of the biggest compliments you can give me. Though I’ve never been called a madperson before ^_^. (I’m not taking offense, don’t worry). 

Definitely happy! And yeah sorry that didn’t roll off the tongue very well, did it. I will put the shipping container in my backyard for all to see :D