The Last Post Wins!!!!!

So I finished the Twilight series last night and now one of my biggest problems with the books is that

Spoiler

no one important dies! If I recall correctly, the only somewhat fleshed out character that was killed was Irina, who only had like 2.5 seconds of screen time. Otherwise, only a bunch of randos/npcs were killed off, and only for dramatic effect. For some reason the lack of significant deaths really bothers me, like there weren’t very high stakes. Of course, that could just be because I’m used to Sanderson and his love of breaking our hearts :P

(Sorry, I just needed to rant somewhere :P)

58 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

So I finished the Twilight series last night and now one of my biggest problems with the books is that

Hide contents

no one important dies! If I recall correctly, the only somewhat fleshed out character that was killed was Irina, who only had like 2.5 seconds of screen time. Otherwise, only a bunch of randos/npcs were killed off, and only for dramatic effect. For some reason the lack of significant deaths really bothers me, like there weren’t very high stakes. Of course, that could just be because I’m used to Sanderson and his love of breaking our hearts :P

(Sorry, I just needed to rant somewhere :P)

That’s fair. Honestly I wish 

Spoiler

Jared or Paul or Emmett had died, most preferably Paul. I’ve known other great series where nobody important dies, but here it really just feels like someone should have. The ending of BD was so anticlimactic. 

Edit: Stephanie Meyer wrote two standalone books as well, both of which are much better. The Host especially. 

Edited by AonEne

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

That’s fair. Honestly I wish 

Reveal hidden contents

Jared or Paul or Emmett had died, most preferably Paul. I’ve known other great series where nobody important dies, but here it really just feels like someone should have. The ending of BD was so anticlimactic. 

Edit: Stephanie Meyer wrote two standalone books as well, both of which are much better. The Host especially. 

Same here.

Ooooo, I’ll have to check them out!