The Last Post Wins!!!!!

I'm going to post it on Sanderson memes once someone else posts something so that I'm not double posting. (Moving the t-posing steel inquisitor to #2 in the queue)

Edit: yes, I have a queue for which memes I am going to post on Sanderson memes. 

Edited by Ethan_Sedai

On 4/6/2019 at 10:31 AM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Ok, so pretty much someone was hating on the beloved Stick, the thing that keeps this forum alive, so in response, I wrote this essay:

Stick is known to be one of the most quintessential beings in the cosmere. Stick can grow and become a tree. Sticks can give nutrients and bear fruits to sustain the environment. Without sticks, the cosmere would be a mess, and no one would be able to fix it. In this (lamely and hastily written) five-paragraph essay, it will be proven to you the importance of stick in a few ways, including the contemporary issues that surround stick, the stick in the cosmere, and lastly, of course, the ideals of the stick.

Stick is a heavily debated item that surrounds many of the threads. People care about the stick, for it brings joy and happiness to them, and unites all of the Alleyverse. However, there are many different ways that people choose to view stick. In the thread "Church of the Stick," we see @Seloun state, "But... are you a Frostlands stick or a Kharbranthian stick? I think we all know that the Kharbranthian Stick came first, and all else are merely splinter religions," after which @PorridgeBrick replied, "Truly splinter religions in all senses of the word." One can dive into a much deeper meaning of this brief exchange. These quotes show that stick is cared about, enough to create many different religions of the stick. People are devoted to the stick, and though some go away from the Church of the Stick, sticks are what keeps the forums running. In addition to this, there is the War of the Stick, a war that is occurring between @Emperor Stick and @Karger, over the fact that Emperor Stick briefly suggested the idea of all sticks being soulcast into fire. This, of course, is heresy to the Church of the Stick, and Emperor Stick shortly atoned for his sins, with a vow to never burn sticks again, except in rare cases. This can be found in the thread "War of the Stick," where Emperor Stick said, "There is NO NEED for war! I have decreed the end of all Stick burning." All of these pieces of evidence go to show that people care about the stick, and show how it affects their everyday lives.

Consequentially, because the stick is such an important matter in the forums, it has become an even larger matter in the cosmere. As @Draconis so beautifully put it, "In the beginning there were three realms, and never did they meet.  In time, there grew a tree, with roots in the physical, branches in the cognitive, and leaves in the spiritual," as is found in the aforementioned "Church of the Stick" thread. This tree brought forth incredible numbers of stickbinders (who will be addressed in the next paragraph) all of which have become loyal and faithful to the wonderful cause of the stick: to unite everyone. Also, sticks have been found all over the cosmere in cannon books. For example, in Elantris, 

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

"Raoden grabbed a long stick from the ground, then he started to run, dragging the length of wood behind him." This effectively restored Elantris to its former beauty, and saved the entire kingdom. Thus we see that without the stick, many a poor soul would have died on the fateful day.

Lastly, one must acknowledge the Ideals of the Stick. They read as follows, "1. Stick before fire. Stick before fire. Stick still before fire. 2. Thou art a stick. 3. Thou art not fire. 4. Thou shalt be a stick, even when others claim thou art fire. 5. Thou shalt stand firm in thy belief of stickdom," (spoke by @PorridgeBrick in the "Church of the Stick." The stick is a peaceful being, for all it wants is to grow and to spread, and to bring happiness to all that it goes to. To blaspheme against the stick is a sin, for the stick only brings joy and happiness. In addition to this, stick is opposed to fire, the common enemy of us all, as is evident in its ideals. Without stick, the 17th Shard would not be the happy and joyful place that it is today. 

To conclude, stick is unequivocally the most important thing in theses forums, the cosmere, and the internet as we know it. Though it is true that the stick is easily blown away by a highstorm, or perhaps is indeed floating in the middle of the ocean, one fact has been proven time and time again: stick finds a way. Stick will always grow back, will always grow to be something greater, and will always keep this forum alive. Stick was never meant to bring upon itself the doubt and hate from the forums, despite its peaceful and happy ways. Stick was meant to grow.

I Am A Stick

Well I think so