The Last Post Wins!!!!!

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Good thing post count isn't increased here anymore ;)

About that, is there any chance you have what you said in Discord on hand? I can't access it right now and nobody's posted it in here. :huh:

Stick - what's up? I read the Council thread, but I'm still a little confused. I guess that's what I get for abandoning TLT in the olden days...

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

About that, is there any chance you have what you said in Discord on hand? I can't access it right now and nobody's posted it in here. :huh:

Stick - what's up? I read the Council thread, but I'm still a little confused. I guess that's what I get for abandoning TLT in the olden days...

Right, I should probably put together my official announcement. I didn't like how my 1000 word essay on the subject came out.

Short story, the lack of post count increase is intended as some (not all!) forum games can be somewhat spammy. If I didn't assign a topic correctly, report it and we'll move it to the right place. Recounting the statistics may make the post count number retroactive, but I'm not really sure. Recounting statistics always happens when the site does version upgrades and post count generally goes down anyway, since it will remove posts from your post count that were hidden, for example. I'm not sure if it will unassign posts from your post count on ones that now live in a forum that is marked as "do not increase post count". Unfortunately it's either the forum increases post count or doesn't. With existence of things like three word story and others I think this is the correct decision to do. I've seen this enabled in other such forum game forums on other sites and I think that's correct here. This topic was assigned to this board because the OP clearly states it as a specific game. 

There's nothing particularly interesting in Discord on the subject I don't think but let me know.

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

its all fine now, I didn't want all plot separated from tLT, and I thought that's what happened

7 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

Now what if there was a spammy forum games sub-subforum where post count doesn’t increase but in the main section it did...

Generally, subforums are not something I like to employ unless it's very necessary. I like the forum home page to be clean and easy to navigate. Nested subforums do not help that. I can also think that would be difficult to differentiate between the two sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Generally, subforums are not something I like to employ unless it's very necessary. I like the forum home page to be clean and easy to navigate. Nested subforums do not help that. I can also think that would be difficult to differentiate between the two sometimes.

ok, that makes sense

On 6/14/2019 at 8:56 PM, Chaos said:

Right, I should probably put together my official announcement. I didn't like how my 1000 word essay on the subject came out.

Short story, the lack of post count increase is intended as some (not all!) forum games can be somewhat spammy. If I didn't assign a topic correctly, report it and we'll move it to the right place. Recounting the statistics may make the post count number retroactive, but I'm not really sure. Recounting statistics always happens when the site does version upgrades and post count generally goes down anyway, since it will remove posts from your post count that were hidden, for example. I'm not sure if it will unassign posts from your post count on ones that now live in a forum that is marked as "do not increase post count". Unfortunately it's either the forum increases post count or doesn't. With existence of things like three word story and others I think this is the correct decision to do. I've seen this enabled in other such forum game forums on other sites and I think that's correct here. This topic was assigned to this board because the OP clearly states it as a specific game. 

There's nothing particularly interesting in Discord on the subject I don't think but let me know.

...'1000 word essay'?

I suppose I can understand the sentiment behind it, even if I don't quite agree. I just hope it doesn't affect counts retroactively - as far as I can tell, post counts exist to show progress on the Shard and how active a member is, and if tons of posts get removed it's counterproductive to that purpose. Maybe it was intended for something else, though. *shrugs* Thanks for taking the time to explain to us commoners. :P

On 6/14/2019 at 10:12 PM, Doomstick said:

its all fine now, I didn't want all plot separated from tLT, and I thought that's what happened

Glad it worked out. ^_^

...Now, I was going to post that yesterday, but the Internet failed...

AUGH MATH NOOO