The Last Post Wins!!!!!

The Music of the Ainur

There was Eru, the One, who in Arda is called Ilúvatar; and he made first the Ainur, the Holy Ones, that were the offspring of his thought, and they were with him before aught else was made. And he spoke to them, propounding to them themes of music; and they sang before him, and he was glad.

But for a long while they sang only each alone, or but few together, while the rest hearkened; for each comprehended only that part of the mind of Ilúvatar from which he came, and in the understanding of their brethren they grew but slowly. Yet ever as they listened they came to deeper understanding, and increased in unison and harmony.

And it came to pass that Ilúvatar called together all the Ainur and declared to them a mighty theme, unfolding to them things greater and more wonderful than he had yet revealed; and the glory of its beginning and the splendour of its end amazed the Ainur, so that they bowed before Ilúvatar and were silent.

Then Ilúvatar said to them: “Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music. And since I have kindled you with the Flame Imperishable, ye shall show forth your powers in adorning this theme, each with his own thoughts and devices, if he will.

But I will sit and hearken, and be glad that through you great beauty has been wakened into song.”

Hate to be "that guy", but technically... that's from the Ainulindalë. But yeah, it's in the as-published Silmarillion.

Silmarillion translates from Quenyan to English as "the history of the Simarils", which is the main text of the book, which is in turn preceded by the Ainulindalë (The Music of the Ainur) and the Valaquenta. (The Account of the Valar) Then you have the Silmarillion proper, then Akalabêth, (The Downfall of Númenor) then you have Of the Third Age and the Rings of Power. Within the covers of The Silmarillion, you have the complete, albeit con(dense)d, history of Middle-earth.

Tl;dr. Yes, that's from The Silmarillion.

Edited by phillycheesesteak
Grammar and punctuation

4 hours ago, Sequence said:

I am feeling quite energetic today, so I guess I lose in that manner. Although, I am the most ancient oldest creature human.

*Laughs in primordial shard of Adonalsium*

3 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

The Music of the Ainur

There was Eru, the One, who in Arda is called Ilúvatar; and he made first the Ainur, the Holy Ones, that were the offspring of his thought, and they were with him before aught else was made. And he spoke to them, propounding to them themes of music; and they sang before him, and he was glad.

But for a long while they sang only each alone, or but few together, while the rest hearkened; for each comprehended only that part of the mind of Ilúvatar from which he came, and in the understanding of their brethren they grew but slowly. Yet ever as they listened they came to deeper understanding, and increased in unison and harmony.

And it came to pass that Ilúvatar called together all the Ainur and declared to them a mighty theme, unfolding to them things greater and more wonderful than he had yet revealed; and the glory of its beginning and the splendour of its end amazed the Ainur, so that they bowed before Ilúvatar and were silent.

Then Ilúvatar said to them: “Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music. And since I have kindled you with the Flame Imperishable, ye shall show forth your powers in adorning this theme, each with his own thoughts and devices, if he will.

But I will sit and hearken, and be glad that through you great beauty has been wakened into song.”

1 minute ago, phillycheesesteak said:

Hate to be "that guy", but technically... that's from the Ainulindalë. But yeah, it's in the as-published Silmarillion.

Silmarillion translates from Quenyan to English as "the history of the Simarils", which is the main text of the book, which is in turn preceded by the Ainulindalë (The Music of the Ainur) and the Valaquenta. (The Account of the Valar) Then you have the Silmarillion proper, then Akalabêth, (The Downfall of Númenor) then you have Of the Third Age and the Rings of Power. Within the covers of The Silmarillion, you the complete, albeit con(dense)d, history of Middle-earth.

Tl;dr. Yes, that's from The Silmarillion.

Ah, I see, you are men of culture as well.

how does frustration always keep winning? He post some things, then nobody else posts for about an hour atleast. I feel I see his pfp at the end of this thread more than anyone!

Edited by Cinnamon
Some things not something