The Last Post Wins!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Robin Hatter said:

I can't, and as a result am kinda burnt out right now.

Oh same, I'm burnt out too. I'll probably not read for about a month or so now. I just need to finish the book I'm currently reading and then I'll take a break.

4 hours ago, Elf said:

Discussion time- 

How do you pace yourself while reading so as to not be burnt out but also to finish a significant number of books?

I don't, I read til I finish the book, as fast as I can. Than I read the next book and than the next. And after I finish the series, I read another series. And thus resulting in a 4 month burnt out

16 hours ago, Ookla_Sedai said:

Cake is like books: 

If you don't like it, that just means you haven't found the right ones yet. 

Hmmmmm, maybe. Its certainly a possibility, so what cake would you reccomend? I'm not a big fan of sweets in general.

8 hours ago, Elf said:

Hmmmmm, maybe. Its certainly a possibility, so what cake would you reccomend? I'm not a big fan of sweets in general.

For a long time, carrot cake was my favorite. It's been a couple years since I've had carrot cake, so I can't remember exactly what it was about carrot cake that I liked, so I can't say for sure what it was. I think it was that it had a different taste that was a lot better. 

I also would add that I prefer fondant over frosting. Frosting just has a weird texture and taste, which I especially don't like when people use too much, which happens a lot on cupcakes. 

Edited by Ookla_Sedai

Yeah ok, I've tried carrot cake and I didn't like it. Also I prefer frosting over fondant. Fondant just had a weird taste for me. And both the things are bad for me when used too much. But thanks for recommending anyway. 

I just think I'm a lost cause. :D

Edited by Elf

22 hours ago, Elf said:

Yeah ok, I've tried carrot cake and I didn't like it. Also I prefer frosting over fondant. Fondant just had a weird taste for me. And both the things are bad for me when used too much. But thanks for recommending anyway. 

I just think I'm a lost cause. :D

Ah, ok. It is definitely true that too much of either is bad, it might've just been that it's much easier to do too much which frosting than fondant...

And now for a question unrelated to cake: you said you're not a big fan of sweets in general. Do you prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate, or do you not like either?