The Last Post Wins!!!!!

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

So you're teling me it was random that you just happened to pop in on the one time I mention you?

Ene, are you psycic?

1 hour ago, Robin Hatter said:

AonEne, the Shard's very own superhero :ph34r:

:ph34r: definitely 

13 minutes ago, The One Ring said:

I was reading a book and got a little too engaged:p
So... how's everything?

I know that feeling. Sometimes when I'm reading a particulalry good book, I'll scarce think of anything else the whole day :D

So, everythings good. I had my first violin class (they're online btw)  and the teacher is awesome. But there's something wrong with my violin (thats what you get when u buy if off amazon) so im gonna get it repaired.

Also, I had a question. I know that crude language is not allowed on the Shard. But if u wanted to talk about, say a band or something, which had something crude in the title, would u still be allowed to say it?

Edited by Elf

6 minutes ago, Elf said:

Also, I had a question. I know that crude language is not allowed on the Shard. But if u wanted to talk about, say a band or something, which had something crude in the title, would u still be allowed to say it?

I think so, but I'd put the title in a spoiler just in case. And as evidenced by @The One Ring , the Shard is weird about asterisks.

You know what, let me summon a mod and ask her. Forgiveness is easier to ask for than permission, but not always.

So, @AonEne, please help me out. If I wanted to talk about a particular band, with a crude word in its title, could I still do that? (Well, I don't know how crude the word could be considered, but still. Better safe than sorry.)

27 minutes ago, The One Ring said:

I think it's fine? I know that if you want to mention a particular curse with no intention of cursing you can say something like This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules. So I think it's fine as long as you don't say the whole word

Also, what happened here? Are you telling me to say "This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules"?

Edited by Elf

I think they typed multiple asterisks in a row, and it got filtered to "This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules."

Also, good night everybody! (I wish I had a widget that would tell people what time it was for me... it would make things a lot less confusing.)

9 hours ago, Elf said:

Also, what happened here? Are you telling me to say "This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules"?

This is what happen when you forget to look at the the things you just posted. I had no idea the Shard does this lol

Spoiler

:ph34r:

8 hours ago, Robin Hatter said:

I think they typed multiple asterisks in a row, and it got filtered to "This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules."

Also, good night everybody! (I wish I had a widget that would tell people what time it was for me... it would make things a lot less confusing.)

I did:'(

you can put your timezone in you signature. It wouldn't solve all your problems but it’ll be (mostly) enough

Edited by The One Ring

7 hours ago, Elf said:

You know what, let me summon a mod and ask her. Forgiveness is easier to ask for than permission, but not always.

So, @AonEne, please help me out. If I wanted to talk about a particular band, with a crude word in its title, could I still do that? (Well, I don't know how crude the word could be considered, but still. Better safe than sorry.)

It would really depend on the word, to be honest. Not all crude language is filtered, but a lot is. This button can show you if the thing you're about to post will be filtered. 

fa0b74f3-3f0b-4c2a-a864-1b011d65d314.png

You can still talk about the band even if you can't say its name, too :) 

19 hours ago, The One Ring said:
  Hide contents

you can put your timezone in you signature. It wouldn't solve all your problems but it be (mostly) enough

Why thank you, I never thought of that! I have done so.

Edit: Is there a way to delete spoiler tags on mobile?

Edited by Robin Hatter

7 hours ago, AonEne said:

It would really depend on the word, to be honest. Not all crude language is filtered, but a lot is. This button can show you if the thing you're about to post will be filtered. 

fa0b74f3-3f0b-4c2a-a864-1b011d65d314.png

You can still talk about the band even if you can't say its name, too :) 

Oh, ok. Thanks a lot. That button really is helpful.