The Last Post Wins!!!!!

That sounds like a good idea

So this thing happened this week. One of my classmates was talking about her McDonald toys (don't ask me why cuz idk why) She wanted to know if they're out of print yet, so she went to use the class computer to see if she can find anything. She probably did bc when the teacher got in, she saw a bunch of girls giggling. The teacher got so mad I was starting to wonder why she hadn't burn the whole school down with her rage. I personally don't think it's a big thing (using the computer to google things unrelated to education). Tons of people had done it before them and a boy had even use it to see if his package had arrived yet. He had done that countless times, tho he usually did it cleaner

Anyways, that's the only story I can think of at the moment, hope it's not too bad

I finally remembered a sort of funny story. When I was younger (8 I think?) I went to Israel for Passover and had the seder with my extended family. Each parent hid the Afikoman for their own child(ren). I couldn't find it anywhere, so I asked my dad for help and he said that it was very close to me. I still couldn't find me and eventuaally he told me to check in my hood. It was there all along.

4 hours ago, Flyingbooks said:

I couldn't help it, the conversation about winning made me lose the game. And now you've made me lose it again.

Stop! I want to talk about cheese. This isn't easy for me, just like cheese isn't easy for me to digest.

(I think I already did this, but whatever)

(I am not trying to change the subject)

A true story I remember clearly is that when I was in school, there was a pair of twins who looked extremely similar, but they were not born identical (this was actually a very rare case of 2 people who looked like they came from 1 egg that split but was actually 2 sperm that fertilized 1 egg), and every class I had with one of them, the next class always seemed to have the other in it. It was weird to start with, especially if I just had a conversation with one of them. I accidentally expected the other to know exactly what I was talking about, but instead, it just became a moment of awkwardness.

Edited by Toothless of Shinovar

You just had a one day win...wow

Anyway, we just had two writing exams this week (basically you have to write something that's between 500-100 words in 45-50 minutes) The first topic is "Because of you, I learned..." the second is "When someone is rude to me" I'm usually a bit better at writing argumentative essays than I am at writing descriptive or narrative essays. I did not do very well on both of these and writing two pieces of exam writing in two days kinda wears me down. But I really curious about what y'all would write in exams like this

Edited by The One Ring

I have 4 essays per semester in english class and I hate it. Though luckily, my teacher decided to give us a bit of a break from essays this unit and is giving two creative writing options in addition to a few essay prompt options. I will take any chance to avoid a literary analysis essay, so I'm definitely going to do one or the other of the non-essay ones.

People probably do not really realize that people might think a 1,000-word essay seems impossible. In reality, they would probably have already written 100s of 1000s of words depending on their age. It is just painful hearing it and not writing that much in a timeframe with pressure.

That reminds me: for this discussion about essays, we should probably make sure that everyone is on the same page about how long an essay is.

As I was trying to figure out what my typical essay length is, I was counting the words in my Core (the other class with essays) essays, and I realized that most of them were around 1000 words. (though admittedly I did go over the page limit on those) They felt so much shorter than my english essays, which are either 750-1000 or 1250-1500 words. I guess this just further proves that English class is my most mentally exhausting class.

You...you messed up my almost 24 hour win!

HOW DARE YOU!!!

Spoiler

I’m kidding it’s fine ( my longest win so far:D:D)

So far this semester I’ve probably written about 2500 -3000 words about 10-15 essays 

it’s not hard but it’s annoying. The teacher just blindly marks the grades mostly so we don’t even get feedback.

10 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

So far this semester I’ve probably written about 2500 -3000 words about 10-15 essays 

it’s not hard but it’s annoying. The teacher just blindly marks the grades mostly so we don’t even get feedback.

2500-3000 words. 10-15 essays. 167-300 words per essay. Well, I guess we have very different ideas about typical essay length and frequency. For reference, that's shorter than the weekly ungraded reading questions in my english class (which I inevitably procrastinate on every week because they're so exhausting). With such frequent essays (around 1 per week, by my estimations), it does make sense that your teacher wouldn't have time for much feedback, though it still sounds annoying.

Edit: This is my 3rd time in a row starting a new page

Edited by Flyingbooks