The Last Post Wins!!!!!

On 3/21/2021 at 2:05 AM, Flyingbooks said:

Does anybody else here sometimes feel seperate from humanity/sort of nonhuman?

Have you heard of otherkin? 

On 3/23/2021 at 0:20 AM, Flyingbooks said:

No, I haven't

I might suggest checking it out, it's possible you'd relate. 

Possibly to xenogenders as well. 

On 3/21/2021 at 0:03 PM, AonEne said:

Have you heard of otherkin?

No, I haven't

11 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Fun fact for the day, every seven years we replace our bones, which means every seven years we get a new “generation” of bones. I feel like a Kandra!

Not exactly... Cells in them are grradually replaced over time, so it's not as if you get a brand new set of bones every few years. At this moment, you have cells in your bones at all ages from 0 to around 7. The generations are not distinct like Kandra generations, but just like with human generations, you can divide them up into cells made in certain time spans.

That makes sense, since you'd be the equivalent of a kandra child who's still learning how to hold a humanoid form.

Questioner

When a kandra is born, how long would it take them to reach maturity?

Brandon Sanderson

Longer than a human normally would take. It would depend on a couple of factors, such as how soon they are given spikes, and things like that.

Skyward Chicago signing (Nov. 16, 2018)

Fall, it's not too hot or too cold

And there's usually not too much rain like there is now (we get typhoon in fall tho, but that would mean getting a day off so it's not too bad)

I kinda felt stupid cuz I just complain about not having rain a few page back and immediately complain about having too much rain

2 hours ago, The One Ring said:

*about

*weather

do you have to do this?

Yes. Im camping so I don't have my computer/keyboard. I'm kinda bad at phone typing. 

Spoiler

(also im too lazy to edit) 

Sooo apologies/apologies in advance for all my typing errors 

So. I'm bored. Why don't we all share random/weird/funny stories. That could be fun and entertaining, right?

I'll start.

Years ago, on my birthday, I was in my bed sleeping. So, fun fact, I sleep like a rock. It is really hard to wake me up if I'm asleep. This story illustrates this fact. Anyway, back to the story. I was living in an apartment at the time, and was in Alabama. There was a tornado. It literally went down the street the apartment I was in was on, and destroyed the apartments on the other side of the complex. Everyone woke up, and started going to the nearest windowless room. Except me. I slept through it. By the time my parents got to my room, the tornado had already passed our apartment, and was far enough away from us that my dad decided to just pick me up and take me to the bathroom (the only windowless room in the apartment) so that I'd be safe if it came back in our direction. It didn't, so that was nice. Anyway, I woke up the next morning, looked outside, saw the damage, and was really, really confused. So, yeah. That sums that story up.

Who wants to go next? :)

What are we talking about here? I have not been here for a while.

It feels like most people here have changed profile pictures and statuses since I was here last.

8 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Well, there was this one time I was driving through ice. THOUGH I WAS BEING SAFE, it turns out 20 mph is too fast for a heavy car, and I literally slid for a few seconds and was scared for my life:ph34r::P

*wins*

Hi, Truthless, I do not think anyone is going to win this thread for a couple or a few lifetimes.

Edited by Toothless of Shinover