Master List of Origins™: the Ultimate Nationality Thread

Aether

I think it would be amusing to track how 17th Sharders are scattered around the world. So, I introduce to you, the Master List of Origins! I shall roam the user profiles in search of any reference to your home country. I shall scour the "Introduce yourself!" forum, and If I happen to notice a reference to it in a post of yours, then I shall add it to the List as well.

And you are free to stop by this Thread and just tell me (us) where you're from. That would make this whole thing a lot easier.

The following compilation is sorted by Planet, Continent, Country. I decided arbitrarily to start with South America and then move clock-wise through the rest. Nations and User-names will be sorted alphabetically. Since some users sometimes change their names permanently, I shall try to include all currently known variants (though sorted by current name). And just to be as maniacally thorough as possible, I shall include links to the User-profiles, Introductory Posts1 and whatever post divulged the nationality of the user2.

I might add in States for countries such as the United States.

To qualify for the List, you must either:

• Have at least 30 active Posts and have been active within the last year (exceptions will be made for huge contributors)
  • or just post in this Thread.

EDIT: All posters on this Thread have been added. Done with previous Nationality Threads. Will use other information from this Thread to further fill up the List, then I'll move on to the Introduction sub-forum.

EDIT 2: Look! A Google map with Pins! Red represents females, Blue males and Green "not telling". If you're not happy with your current position, feel free to make a request to my Listh Apprentice, Quitecontrary, on this Thread. A huge thanks to her for setting it up.

Earth

South America (current count: 1)

Argentina:

North America (current count: 79)

Canada:

The United States of America:

Europe (current count: 21)

Austria:

• Gaz1,2, also somewhat American. And also alive!

France:

Georgia

Germany:

Italy:

• Topomouse1, 2La vita è bella is one of Aether's all-time favourite films. Go watch it. Now!

Norway:

Portugal:

Spain:

Sweden:

Turkey:

United Kingdom:

Asia (current count: 10)

China:

India:

Philippines:

Malaysia:

Singapore:

South Korea:

Oceania (current count: 15)

Australia

New Zealand:

Africa (current count: 2)

South Africa:

Antarctica (current count: 1)

• jasonpenguin1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, That last one is Ylvis doing a 6min pingu sketch. All nonsensical. Even for Norwegians.
Edited by Aether

Well, we haven't had a list before. Here and here are the previous threads regarding where members are from.

And this makes 3 threads of this general nature : P But hey, it's a list! And we learn a little more each time.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Well, we haven't had a list before. Here and here are the previous threads regarding where members are from.

And this makes 3 threads of this general nature : P But hey, it's a list! And we learn a little more each time.

Thanks! I didn't think of looking for Threads of the same nature... I shall use this to fill up my List as soon as I've gone through a few more pages of Introductory Posts. ^_^

And you know me, I do love my Lists.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 387973120 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 509098288 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Edited by Aether

I live in Melbourne, Australia, even though I'm full Chinese  :D.

And no, I DO NOT have a kangaroo in my backyard. I live in suburban areas. They are pretty tasty, though.

Elsa Steelheart is also Australian, I think. 

(Yes, even Orients read Brandon Sanderson books! My nationality also explains my fetish for pandas, I guess)

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Damnit, I'm not the first Chinese on this thread.

BUT I'M THE FIRST ONE LIVING IN ASIA HAHAHA SUCK IT!!!

Southeast Asia. Malaysia, specifically. Flit between west and east parts all the time.

The List was originally intended to track Nationalities, and not (necessarily) current location. I guess I'm already blurring the border, though, as most of the Americans give up their current federal location as opposed to their state of origin. So I shall let it be up to you: do you want to be listed as Chinese or as residing in Australia?

do you want to be listed as Chinese or as residing in Australia?

Residing in Australia: it feels more like home compared to China. Besides, the folks are nicer.

But if it doesn't bother you, I'd like to have "Residing Chinese" next to my name. I'm also quite proud of my heritage.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

I live in Melbourne, Australia. I didn't bother mentioning before because it is on the first page of one of the threads I linked.

I know that Delightful, el_warko, nard1993 and Kadrok are all Australians too.

(I haven't looked back through the where are you from threads as you are going to need to do that anyway so there isn't much point.

A quick search found several other Aussies who don't post much and may well be inactive:
Lifeb4death, wlmkfi, EyeCee, VanquisherR, no1saint, Dutch Wives, Kalystia, dj26792 and Sh3prd

Here is a good thread to find some who are in the UK :)

From a quick look:
Sabrina Stormshard, Nepene, Jit, illsmithyourbonds, Branf, FireArcadia, Havoc, Cromptj, The Count, Semtextual, Ria Raen, Helvesa, Lopen Skybreaker, Maths, Maffu17.

Ok I'm done for now.

So a few new names for your list.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

I'm from the US, Texas to be exact.

Another good place to look for where people are from is the Events, Signings, and Stalkings section. A lot of people announce their locations during the signing tours either to indicate they will be at one of the stops or to complain about how Sanderson won't be coming to their corner of the world.

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Thanks Claincy and Awe. This will make it easier to fill out the List. I won't be able to do much more today, but I'll pull a few hours this week-end, and it should rapidly fill up in the coming weeks.

And no, I DO NOT have a kangaroo in my backyard. I live in suburban areas. They are pretty tasty, though.

You have failed me.

♪  Everybody's got a baby kangaroo... ♪

Non-Veggietales fans, just go back to your drinks and ignore this. :D

Ketek, on 09 May 2014 - 6:38 PM, said:

Damnit, I'm not the first Chinese on this thread.

BUT I'M THE FIRST ONE LIVING IN ASIA HAHAHA SUCK IT!!!

Southeast Asia. Malaysia, specifically. Flit between west and east parts all the time.

And I'm also from Southeast Asia, tiny island just south of Ketek. I'm from Singapore, as Ketek has already expressed frustration about.

P.S. Ketek--no more crossing the Causeway for cookies. My PC gave up the ghost just as I was trying out your challenge.