Nightblood, sphere or flame?

ChetLee

Question

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ChetLee said:

I as wonder if things from different cognitive realm locations could even show up as a bead or flame. As Nightblood is from Nalthis.

It's a visual representation of a particular thing, as filtered by a particular Cognitive 'region' so Nightblood should show up as a flame if seen in Roshar, as mist on Scadrial etc regardless of where he's actually from, same for anything else.

On the basis that Brandon has described him as a "Robot Spren" I think Nightblood would operate similarly in that he would, or at least could, have a different form in the Cognitive Realm compared to the Physical realm where he manifests as a Sword.  That being said I think he (and potentially Azure's blade if it's also a TypeIV) simply view themselves as the sentient Sword it was born as, and so they still retain that shape in Shadesmar rather than changing to a more anthropomorphic form like Syl or Maya are part of a natural spren race with more direct (or less controlled and filtered) influence from the human/biped population.