Long Game 5: Noble Secrets

I forgot we can take multiple night actions. (Up to three, right?) So theoretically someone could name an heir and discover information, and it might not be a bad idea to do so. While there's still a 25% chance of naming a Ghostblood as heir, that's a 75% chance that any items other than the first will get sent to a non ghostblood, which is better than a 100 percent chance they all go to the ghostbloods.

So I'm going to suggest that people with multiple items (assuming there are some) should seriously consider naming an heir tonight. Assuming said heir doesn't know they're the heir until after the death, right?

Edit to add: Could we get the various clarifications on rules and items added to the first post of the main thread? Assuming our overworked GM gets the chance, of course. It would just be a little easier to reference back, especially as the game goes on.

Edited by Sphinx

Did I miss something? Why is Jost suddenly worthy to be everyone's heir?

By the way, Jain, you might want to go back and edit your actions to red in your last post with the tags I gave above if you want to make sure they get recorded correctly. Or just make a new post with your actions in red. Your choice to make Jost your heir is a little hidden in all that black text.

Edit: not sure why I keep wanting to call him Joust

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Xanas strolled out. "I know, why don't we go on a chasmfeind hunt? It will relax everyone and allow people to meet each other on the same side?"

I believe that everyone who randomly gave Jost an inheritance should explain that. If they are really nobles, it seems much to odd to happen this early. If the Ghostbloods are trying to make sure their items end up in the right hands if they die. Sprenil, I support your plan but won't vote for you beause valuable players should die later. So, I urge everyone to instead vote for Maill. :P What cruel person would knowingly allow things like this to happen? He must be Odium. On a serious note, Jain, why do you give up your painrial?

Edit: Macen, why do you give up your Soulcaster? Jain already has votes and I just want to provoke discussion.

Fnorf, you can keep the wine, it was just for encouragement for you and Awes to speak.

Edited by Xanas-the 18th Shard

Did I miss something? Why is Jost suddenly worthy to be everyone's heir?

I'm not Certain, I'll take it, But I wish I knew Why. Though it might be because I keep posting Plans?  Anyway, I still recommend that If you have multiple Items, that you choose an Heir during the Night, Or, Wait. . . MAW? If someone, say Macen, were to declare publicly that they're giving someone an Item, like say, a Soulcaster, but they didn't actually Have one, would you Verify that they're Lying/Telling the Truth? 

If Maw is willing to Confirm the the Truthfulness of Trades, We could have everyone who has an Innocent Item, Like Macen's Soulcaster, trade with someone else's Item.

EDIT:Ninja'd By Xanas: Jain didn't give up his Painrial, he declared me his Heir, so if he dies by Lynching, I'll get it, instead of a Random.

Also, I propose that, instead of Lynching someone, we feed them to a Chasmfiend.

Edited by The Only Joe

Jim Bob Dirt: (2) Fnorf, Tors,

Sprenil: (0) Tion, Tors

Pailan: (0) Awes                                                         Sorry Tors, But you're the Most Suspicious right now, And

Tors: (3) Tion, Pailan, Joe                                                    I can't get Back on again until about 3:30.

Jain: (1) Wurum, Xanas

Macen: (1) Xanas                                                Your're good at finding White text Aren't you?

Macen and Jain Declared Jost (Me!) as their Heir

EDITED to turn Xanas Blue

Edited by The Only Joe

Xanas, the reason for Jost is - he has been a bad guy the last two games (100% of his games). Statistically, I think he is the least likely to be bad again. That being said, I just set him as my heir, I didn't give him anything. I have some additional reasons for doing what I did that I will explain to anyone who proves themselves as innocent (assuming I get a PM the coming night from someone who I believe can be trusted). 

Xanas, the reason for Jost is - he has been a bad guy the last two games (100% of his games). Statistically, I think he is the least likely to be bad again.

My friend who is a math professor would tell you that is not an accurate understanding of how probabilities work ;) He has just as much chance of being GB as anyone else here does. You just mean it would be extremely unlucky (or lucky depending on your perspective) if he was evil yet again.

Wes (I'm calling you this, because it's easier) I totally agree. But, I believe in a certain modicum of luck. I have trusted him the last two games, and it backfired. I've eventually gotta get it right, right?

*EDIT* Either that, or Joe is just an evil person, and that's why he keeps getting the bad guy roles...

Edited by Macen

Wes (I'm calling you this, because it's easier) I totally agree. But, I believe in a certain modicum of luck. I have trusted him the last two games, and it backfired. I've eventually gotta get it right, right?

Either that, or Joe is just an evil person, and that's why he keeps getting the bad guy roles...

I don't think those are either/or statements. :)

Edit: I'm also fine with Wes. As I've mentioned to people many times, I didn't think about how people would refer to me when I chose my username. I feel kind of bad about it sometimes.

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Has no one else seriously noted that Macen has potentially revealed the location of a goal item? Good job, Macen! Unless, of course, Macen is actually lying and doesn't have a Soulcaster. In which case, he's either a Ghostblood himself, trying to make himself seem innocent by claiming an item, or making himself a target. I doubt it's the latter. If we don't get confirmation about peoples' items when they claim them (and we haven't previously with Jaina's item), then it could be a clever move.

If you want to choose heirs, go ahead. But there's no need to declare what item you've got. Particularly if it's a goal item. (though if only goal items are not declared, then that points it out too, so hence my suggestion we don't declare that at all).

Maili, will we get confirmation on whether people have an item or not for definite? If not, then my suspicions of Macen have shot through the roof for this unnecessary declaration.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Hmm,aanotherrvotetagainstime.fIaambnotrGB,ithoughaIndon't know why any of you would believe that.  If you lynch me that is fine, as it will give you info about who could be GB.  I have no items, however, I do have a role, but do what you must.

Wurm, I'll give you that. I didn't consider just naming an heir, I thought you had to name an heir for an item in particular. I'll admit it makes me a target, but I can tell you that I have more than one item, and that leaves only a thieve a thief having a sure fire chance of taking it. So, unless the thief is GB, then the chances of a GB getting it are AT MOST 50%. Unless Jost turns out to be a GB. Or either of the other two options could be the truth as well. (Note: This is pending that the GB don't get to pick which item they get if they kill me).

As I said, if you can prove to me you are not a GB, and have the ability to contact me tonight, I would recommend it.

I'm not telling you to trust me, I would request that a Artifabrian send me a spanreed this evening if they can. I don't currently have one and would like the ability to contact others if I live long enough. If I'm a GB, it's not going to give me any advantage because I would already have the GB document to communicate with others. And if I'm not, it will give me the ability to open up conversations with those I think are possible allies.

Question my logic here, pick it apart. I want some communication.

Edited by Macen

Saritu stared at the crazed party. On the one hand, he was probably going to make a lot of money the next couple of days. On the other hand, he worried that there would be nowhere left to spend it when the dust settled. Storms, he had to do something.

If he voted for Jim Bob Dirt, the vote would be tied, barring any unforeseen circumstances. If he voted for Tors, the ardent was probably doomed. However, he could also vote for no one, and leave the decision up to chance. He sipped a lovely green wine. He sighed, and remained silent.

I'm not accusing anyone yet. Let's wait to see the first actions of the Ghostbloods, and start basing our actions off of that, along with voting. 

I have to really really really really really question the logic of announcing that you have a goal item to select an heir when, if you are killed, the ghostbloods can still get one of your items. Please don't run risky gambits without double and triple checking the rules. Unless you're just trying to make things completely crazy.

New question:

If someone's items are split up among the people who voted for him, do people know who gets what?

At this point, everything's confusing enough that I'm going to retract my vote for Tors  and vote for no one.

Prove it

Pailan: (0) Awes

Tors: (2) Tion, Pailan, Joe                                 

Macen: (0) Xanas  

I have to really really really really really question the logic of announcing that you have a goal item to select an heir when, if you are killed, the ghostbloods can still get one of your items. Please don't run risky gambits without double and triple checking the rules. Unless you're just trying to make things completely crazy.

New question:

If someone's items are split up among the people who voted for him, do people know who gets what?

At this point, everything's confusing enough that I'm going to retract my vote for Tors  and vote for no one.

Prove it

Sphinx, I understand what you're saying. I should have read that a little more thoroughly. I was more worried about making sure the GB couldn't take it, and - if I died it would go to Jost.

Mail - another rule clarifiation:

Green items indicate ones that only true nobles can possess originally.
Thief: The thief can name a person and an item they want to steal from that person each night. If that person holds that item, the thief steals it. Can be of either faction. Shards cannot be stolen by the thief. After the thief uses the item once, it disappears.

Ghostbloods: They get to conspire on a secret google doc. They get one group kill a night plus any items they may have. One person must send a formal pm with their desired kill. This counts as an action and a maximum of only two others can be taken. Win condition: Acquire a Shardblade and a Soulcaster.

Shardbearers: Any person who holds one or more shards can challenge someone during the day. That day, the votes can only be between those two people, the Shardbearer and their chosen opponent. This may only be used once per shard weapon.

Artifabrians: Can choose one person a night to get any item except Shards or a Soulcaster. That person will receive the item and can use it for the next cycle. After that it will be taken away. The person given the item will be informed what they were given but not who gave it to them.

Spy: the Spy can choose one person a night cycle to spy on. They will be told one of the items that person holds.

Full Shardbearer: if someone has Shardplate and a Shardblade and is killed, the attacker is revealed in the writeup but not their alignment.

Some clarifications: The reverser can only be used if you used only two actions or less the night before. The Artifabrian, Spy, and a Thief roles can be of either faction.

The names in green in the rules made me think Spy and Artifabrian were noble only. You clearly state otherwise - I just wanted to double check. It feels very relevant.

Grellin didn't know what to think. He had been out when he received the news of the king's death, and seemingly everyone had made his or her way over to Tion's party. There was the main place of discussion. And much to discuss there was. Being late to the party as he was, it took him a while to get caught up on everything that had happened. Votes put out to kill speculated Ghostbloods, votes retracted, votes made. But only a few had made any votes yet. The party was fairly evenly split between those who were calling for death and those who felt that there was too little information to go on to do anything yet. Of the eight who had voted already, three had decided to take back their votes. The current potential Ghostbloods were Tors the ardent, Jim Bob Dirt the dirtchant, and Jain the Shin. Grellin knew not what to think. He wasn't sure whom to vote for if at all. And the day was coming to an end, only an hour left.

He made a quick decision: no votes for him today, as there was too little time to remain and discuss. But tomorrow... Tomorrow was a different day. The night would tell much, to those who looked in the right places.

My RP above should explain my general sentiments at the moment. No vote.

Since Cen asked for a spanreed, if anyone receives one, make it known that it was received from an Antifabrian. That way there is no confusion over who has the actual spanreeds, which will be an important bit of info.

If we do not discuss we are essentially giving them free kills. The only way we can reliably hunt them down is through discussion, voting and analysis. Watching how people defend themselves and who else speaks out for or against them or someone else gives us masses of information that is exactly what we need to detect the Ghostbloods. The initial vote is the impetus for this discussion.

How are arbitrary accusation in any way reliable? I'm not against discussion, but there is absolutely NOTHING to go on at this stage of the game. What defense do you want me to make? What defense can I make? As I said, there's nothing to go on; there's no information on which to base accusations, besides "feeling that people are suspicious", which is no basis at all. Do you want a witch-hunt? 

"Watching how people defend themselves and who else speaks out for or against them or someone else gives us masses of information that is exactly what we need to detect the Ghostbloods."

This especially makes no sense. Let's say we do what you want and randomly select a person to be lynched. And let's say they turn out to be GB. What, should we then lynch every person who defended them? That's nonsense. I'm not saying you shouldn't have people you suspect. What I'm saying is that we only help the GB by pointing fingers like this. If you suspect someone, INVESTIGATE. Don't just pile votes on them in the hope that you're right. 

Edited by Adolin_Dustbringer

Edit to add: Could we get the various clarifications on rules and items added to the first post of the main thread? Assuming our overworked GM gets the chance, of course. It would just be a little easier to reference back, especially as the game goes on.

Yes, sorry, when I get a chance I will.

I'm not Certain, I'll take it, But I wish I knew Why. Though it might be because I keep posting Plans?  Anyway, I still recommend that If you have multiple Items, that you choose an Heir during the Night, Or, Wait. . . MAW? If someone, say Macen, were to declare publicly that they're giving someone an Item, like say, a Soulcaster, but they didn't actually Have one, would you Verify that they're Lying/Telling the Truth? 

If Maw is willing to Confirm the the Truthfulness of Trades, We could have everyone who has an Innocent Item, Like Macen's Soulcaster, trade with someone else's Item.

EDIT:Ninja'd By Xanas: Jain didn't give up his Painrial, he declared me his Heir, so if he dies by Lynching, I'll get it, instead of a Random.

Also, I propose that, instead of Lynching someone, we feed them to a Chasmfiend.

Everyone: you cannot declare someone an Heir to one item. They are the heir of all you have if you die. So, currently, if Jain or Ace dies, items they have will go to Jost. Regardless of if they only wanted one item to go to him. I will not confirm f someone has a specific item, but from now on, anyone declaring heirs should just declare that Player ____ is their heir.  

New question:

Prove it

Only people who get the items that are split up will know. The general public will not.

Sphinx, I understand what you're saying. I should have read that a little more thoroughly. I was more worried about making sure the GB couldn't take it, and - if I died it would go to Jost.Mail - another rule clarifiation:

The names in green in the rules made me think Spy and Artifabrian were noble only. You clearly state otherwise - I just wanted to double check. It feels very relevant.

Wow. Storms, I feel so embarrassed. This is the second time now. They should not be green. I will fix that immediately.

I like you Adolin... You're making the same arguments I have for the last two games. :D Just be careful I've died for this reason in the past two games. Now onto some RP....

Humperdinck was rushing for the chrysalis. He would obtain it before the Parshrendi. The chasmfeind would be Sadeas's. A Parshrendi duo moved to cut off his horse. "Fire!" yelled Humperdinck. Forty shafts protruded from each warrior. It would take more than a single battlepair to stop him.