Long Game 5: Noble Secrets

I was reading the GB doc and being the biggest mystery of the game is awesome. No one really notices you when you are a new character. As long as you don't do anything suspicious people kind of forget about you (until a unified defense was needed of course). What was really scary was I almost did something Night 3 when both of the GBs were spying on me.

The toy panda sat on the windowsill, smiling. Smiling in a very eerie way. Smiling in a way that was definitely not normal. The smile had almost literally reached its ears.

The Shin was dead. That was regrettable. He was an interesting companion, partly because he was an interesting person. Partly because he was a fool in the game. Such a grand game.

The toy panda turned towards the West. How was his cousin doing?

Of all the nights I had to die on, it was the night I wasn't paranoid about.

Well, I really did genuinely noob this round. Hope I do better in QF 2. :P 

The nobility gathered and together they decided that Wurum, with the number and power of the items he held and because of all of his help in finding and particularly in shooting the Ghostbloods, the nobility nominated him to be the new King. From the last member of a dwindling House to King, Wurum had made one of the biggest leaps in social rank. He held Shardplate, a Shardblade, a Grandbow, a Spanreed, an Emotion Bracelet, a Reverser, an Alerter, and a Soulcaster. He was one of the few a full Shardbearers left in Alethkar. He chose Ace to be his Heir and top Highprince with his Shield, Shardplate, Shardhammer, and Alerter, combined with his plan-making ability and his coordination of everyone. The other survivors were made Highprinces or Highprincesses: Sprenil, Tion, Cara, and Lucal.

Just to let the Ghostbloods know, I was checking everyone's profiles to see who else was looking up everyone. ;) I know the trick of hovering over their name for their current activity. I figured that some people might be doing some uber digging after the last game or checking up on people they suspect. It was a way to build a "to watch" list of sorts. Khas was actually on that list for quite awhile, but I never got enough from him to tell whether it was one way or the other! 

Oh and Khas? You give yourself far too little credit. You're definitely someone to watch out for in future games, as your planning was incredible. I don't want to be on the other side when you hit your stride! :)

Alv? You've been offering other GMs offerings? I'm hurt! *sniff* You said I was the only GM for you! What was it? The Items? I could give you Items! I thought we had something special! *Runs away, sobbing* (I was wondering what the deal was with the latrines and the furniture.)

You know, if you guys had approached me with the idea of making me King at the end, I might have taken you up on the offer. Probably not, considering by then we practically had you narrowed down, but it would've been tempting at least! 

That was a long, but enjoyable read. 

Just to let the Ghostbloods know, I was checking everyone's profiles to see who else was looking up everyone. ;) I know the trick of hovering over their name for their current activity. I figured that some people might be doing some uber digging after the last game or checking up on people they suspect. It was a way to build a "to watch" list of sorts. Khas was actually on that list for quite awhile, but I never got enough from him to tell whether it was one way or the other! 

Exactly why we targeted you day one. Too bad you lucked into some shardplate.

It was an amazing game. If not for Wurum and Meta (along with many others) we were doomed. I made some bad calls and nearly dragged us under (especially my accusation of meta, but thankfully Cara still trusted him, or we probably would have lost). This was my first game having as much information as I did and I think I learned a lot. Hopefully I can be a little smarter about my decisions in the future. :)

Thanks to Meta for trusting me, even when you had no reason to - sorry for backstabbing you (I was SO sure). Also, thanks Wurum for trusting me, and helping sort out some of the details - I wish you all could see our PM conversation, over 200 pm's in less than 6 days.

Also, every one of my other highprinces/ses thanks for trusting me when you did. I also would like to apologize for those I lead the charge in lynching. 

Anyways - this game was AMAZING, it nearly completely consumed my free time for the last month. Thank you for putting it together Mail, and thanks for putting up with all of my questions.

See you guys in the next game. ;)

I just realized something. There was Naladar, the King, and the ten Highprinces. Naladar the King got Murdered and Replaced. But the Highprinces didn't get killed. So Ace, Sprenil, Tion, Cara, and Lucal all had to Murder a High Prince to get their Spots. And they say they're better than the Ghost-Bloods?

Great Game Maw.

Alv? You've been offering other GMs offerings? I'm hurt! *sniff* You said I was the only GM for you! What was it? The Items? I could give you Items! I thought we had something special! *Runs away, sobbing* (I was wondering what the deal was with the latrines and the furniture.)

You were the only GM for me.  I gathered a large group of followers ready to do your bidding, but then you went and killed me.  That kinda soured our relationship.  :(

The entire time I was doing the pranks, I was afraid that you would realize that it was me and when a GB was exposed doing them, you would put it together and call me out.

Loved the game Maill.  Looking forward to the next one you run.

Just one question.  How did Wurum end up with all Awes' items?  His heir was either myself or Jim Bob so his items should've disappeared on his death.  Did Cara soulcast Awes' heir action on the final night?  or did I miss something?

The last night I knew we were pretty much dead so there was no point having you as my heir anymore. The idea came to me that it would be funny if the thief ended up as the king (and wanted to make the statement that Awes keeps his word despite being a killer) so I set Jim as my heir. Obviously, a more entertaining option arose when no one voted for me the next day. Jim was still my heir though and Wurum was his heir so both our items went to Wurum.

I think Maili had it setup where the hammer death came before the lynch since it was a delayed death from the previous night. I could be wrong though

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Argh, I almost forgot about this. I wanted to comment that I understand feedback in an earlier thread suggested that the thief be noble or GB, but I felt it was slightly more interesting that the thief be someone who could ally himself with (and therefore win with) either faction. The ah, interesting exchange between Awes and Wurum as they tried to get Dust on their side and the layer of uncertainty that built into plans was, I felt, something that adding flexibility to the thief role would allow for.

Well, that's a wrap, people! Thank you all for playing and thank you Mailliw73 for running it! 

If you'd like to try your hand at running a game, whether it be a Quick Fix or a Main Game, feel free to contact Gamma, Wilson or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but I'm sure we'd be more than willing to help out in any way we can as well!

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread. 

If you'd just like to watch, the 2nd Quick Fix game is already in progress: Quick Fix 2: The Stormfather and The Nightwatcher

And if you're ready to join in the fun, sign ups are still open for Game 6: Daes Dae'Mar: The Great Game

Edited by Metacognition