Long Game 5: Noble Secrets

Two of the nobles have shardplate, and another has a soulcaster. Any of those is worth a kingdom, and I'm sure we'll get our hands on at least one of them by the time this is all over.  :ph34r:

Why would you want a Soulcaster? You need to be an Ardent to use one. Do you want to become an Ardent, Jim? To become the property of His Majesty, King Awes, or one of his Highprince Lackeys? Oh, he'll make use of your 'special' talents, I admit, but even then all you'd be doing is following orders. We don't want you to follow orders. In fact, we want you to use your special talents as you see fit for our benefit.

Side with us, Jim, and we'll pardon you for the thieving you've done, and even make you a Highprince, with your own set of Shardplate. I'm afraid it may need to be fixed a little and scrubbed to get rid of Awes' blood, but you won't notice the difference, I swear it!

Why would you want a Soulcaster? You need to be an Ardent to use one. Do you want to become an Ardent, Jim? To become the property of His Majesty, King Awes, or one of his Highprince Lackeys? Oh, he'll make use of your 'special' talents, I admit, but even then all you'd be doing is following orders. We don't want you to follow orders. In fact, we want you to use your special talents as you see fit for our benefit.

Me, the king? Hallowed Halls no! I definitely don't have the brains or confidence for a job like that. Obviously Stomper will be the king and he has no need for Ardents in his kingdom. Ryshadium don't believe in people as property so Jim would be free to use his soulcaster however he wanted (though Stomper would probably request an apple or two on occasion).

Side with us, Jim, and we'll pardon you for the thieving you've done, and even make you a Highprince, with your own set of Shardplate. I'm afraid it may need to be fixed a little and scrubbed to get rid of Awes' blood, but you won't notice the difference, I swear it!

We don't have a problem with thieving in the first place so there would be nothing to pardon. There won't be any need to clean blood off Wurum's plate before we give it to you. Shardblades leave no blood behind.

Me, the king? Hallowed Halls no! I definitely don't have the brains or confidence for a job like that. Obviously Stomper will be the king and he has no need for Ardents in his kingdom. Ryshadium don't believe in people as property so Jim would be free to use his soulcaster however he wanted (though Stomper would probably request an apple or two on occasion).

We don't have a problem with thieving in the first place so there would be nothing to pardon. There won't be any need to clean blood off Wurum's plate before we give it to you. Shardblades leave no blood behind.

Do you really want to make people worry that there will be another Heirocracy then? The people wouldn't stand for the Ardentia getting a single bit of power, let alone complete freedom. You'd have a riot within a few weeks across the entire country. I'd agree with the fact that you shouldn't be king though. Definitely not. I remember some emperor* or other that made his horse senator. Terrible idea. He just voted down all the proposals. Never said 'yea' to anything.

Why would Jim want to thieve anyway, if he is given such prizes? He would be one of the most powerful men in the world! And then he can do like every good, decent, honest Lighteyes and steal from the poor instead, which is perfectly legal.

*No prize to anyone who guesses. Also, I am having way too much fun with this :P

Edited by Wyrmhero

Do you really want to make people worry that there will be another Heirocracy then? The people wouldn't stand for the Ardentia getting a single bit of power, let alone complete freedom. You'd have a riot within a few weeks across the entire country. 

Freedom and power are not always one in the same my noble adversary. Just because the ardentia would no longer be owned by the crown, does not mean they would hold any position of power. If the people feel safer with the Ardents kept in line, we could ensure that by other means. 

Besides, what does and doesn't happen with the Ardents is really a mute point. Its a clever attempt to divert focus but does not apply to Jim because soulcasters would no longer be restricted to the Ardentia so Jim could freely use his without having to become an Ardent.

I remember some emperor* or other that made his horse senator. Terrible idea. He just voted down all the proposals. Never said 'yea' to anything.

What is this word you speak of... senator? No position such as this has ever existed in Roshar. Are you even from these lands you call home? You will never convince jim if you continue to make arguments based on fables and fairy tales.

Why would Jim want to thieve anyway, if he is given such prizes? He would be one of the most powerful men in the world! And then he can do like every good, decent, honest Lighteyes and steal from the poor instead, which is perfectly legal.

Bah! Like all nobles you hear only what you wish to hear and put words in other's mouths. I never said Jim would have to remain a thief. How could you believe that was what I said when I had just been speaking about giving people the freedom to choose their own path. Unfortunately, in order to gain that freedom, he must first take it from your kind who have been predefining people's roles for generations.

Edit: *Obviously you refer to Caligula who doesn't exist in the cosmere. Though I wouldn't mind watching an army attempt to fight the ocean.

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Freedom and power are not always one in the same my noble adversary. Just because the ardentia would no longer be owned by the crown, does not mean they would hold any position of power. If the people feel safer with the Ardents kept in line, we could ensure that by other means. 

Besides, what does and doesn't happen with the Ardents is really a mute point. Its a clever attempt to divert focus but does not apply to Jim because soulcasters would no longer be restricted to the Ardentia so Jim could freely use his without having to become an Ardent.

Bah! Like all nobles you hear only what you wish to hear and put words in other's mouths. I never said Jim would have to remain a thief. How could you believe that was what I said when I had just been speaking about giving people the freedom to choose their own path. Unfortunately, in order to gain that freedom, he must first take it from your kind who have been predefining people's roles for generations.

My kind? Now I see your reasoning. Your goals are not defined by any sort of nobility or at least half-decent reasoning. You've just served the nobility so long that you hate them. Was tending horses not enough in life for you? I'm pretty sure that usurping the rightful king of Alethkar is against your Calling.

How did you manage to cajole your allies into joining you, in such an evil and unholy task? What did you promise them? Can you even keep up with all the promises you are making? I suppose at least that the more of your allies that die, the less you need to spread those promises out.

That was Xerxes of Persia, wasn't it? Though I suspect such a thing is possible, fighting OceanSpren or something. And while such a thing has been fun, unfortunately I'm off to bed. Night

"Jim, none of this is your fault. Mommy and daddy are just having a small argument. You're too young to understand but sometimes two people just don't love each other the same way and need some time apart (or to hang the other by the throat... or shove a shardblade through their spine). We both still love you and will do our best to still be a family for you. You'll have to choose, though, who you want to stay with most of the time (and who you want to see riddled with arrows)."

In other words, the Ghostbloods are being led by Bad Horse.... We are totally screwed. :P

Why would Jim want to thieve anyway, if he is given such prizes? He would be one of the most powerful men in the world! And then he can do like every good, decent, honest Lighteyes and steal from the poor instead, which is perfectly legal.

I just got the itch. it makes me feel alive

"Jim, none of this is your fault. Mommy and daddy are just having a small argument. You're too young to understand but sometimes two people just don't love each other the same way and need some time apart (or to hang the other by the throat... or shove a shardblade through their spine). We both still love you and will do our best to still be a family for you. You'll have to choose, though, who you want to stay with most of the time (and who you want to see riddled with arrows)."

:( I'm calling Roshar Social Services. you can have full custody.

Sorry about the writeup guys, today was hectic. I'm exhausted now so I'll answer any questions in PM's, and I'll be posting the writeup around 11:00 am MDT/18:00 GMT tomorrow. This one should be quite interesting though.

Sorry about the writeup guys, today was hectic. I'm exhausted now so I'll answer any questions in PM's, and I'll be posting the writeup around 11:00 am MDT/18:00 GMT tomorrow. This one should be quite interesting though.

Storm it, first it was while I was asleep, and this time it's in the middle of D&D for me. Do you enjoy making me suffer, Mailliw? :P

Edited by Wyrmhero

Day 6: Change of Target Congrats to the code breakers!

Day 6:

Deren, or rather the assassin who had impersonated Deren, went over to the stables, casting a sinister shadow. He pulled out his weapon of misdoing and began to paint the Ryshadium, Stomper, bright pink. He grinned and ran away. He had another, more important task to complete.

He snuck over to where the wine merchants stayed and pulled out a long wire. Saritu had been a nuisance with his reverser and now would die. The imposter slowly, with experience, slid the wire around the sleeping Saritu's neck and garroted him. He quickly and quietly left the room and as he walked outside he made sure to carry his shield.

The archer once again was ready to kill a Ghostblood. He saw Deren's imposter sneak into the wine merchant's room and aimed for the door, holding his Grandbow steady until the man crept back outside.

Saritu's murderer held his shield in just the right place. As soon as he stepped out the door, a huge arrow flew right into the shield. Shocked from the impact, he dropped his shield and ran. The archer cursed at his bad luck.

The king's assassin had begun to snap from the stress of murder. He began heretical practices. For instance, this night he was sacrificing a large wooly, tusked animal from Shinovar to the luck gods and an unhallowed stone to some Maili god. After his sacrifices, he walked to his assigned target for the night. All of a sudden, a stone wall appeared out of nowhere. The killer followed it in the direction he thought he should go. He found a figure on the ground writhing in pain. He stabbed at the figure, only to discover it was his comrade in Shardplate. He ran to go get help from their other comrade.

A shadowed figure in Plate watched from the corner of the street as a Shardblade was used on a fellow Ghostblood. Finally, he thought. Things were beginning to go his way. With his new Shardhammer, he walked towards the figure on the ground. The Shardhammer had golden letters emblazoned on the side spelling "MAce." The owner thought it funny to name a hammer after another weapon. He was serious this night though. He walked up to the figure on the ground and began to swing his Hammer at Awes. He knew it was Awes from the smell of horse pungent all around him. As the Hammer swung over and over, Awes's Shardplate finally shattered and the Hammer-holder left him to writhe on the ground in pain.

Saritu was a Noble with a reverser.

The day begins now and will end on Sunday at 3:30 pm MDT/22:30 GMT with a possibility of extension.

BOOM! Khaz has the shardblade and Alv is the other GB. Also... My MAce is nice and shiny, isn't it?

EDIT - I really wish we would have stuck to the plan to have Khaz target himself. Would have been hilarious. Also, sorry - I got REALLY excited, I wasn't sure how this would play out.

Edited by Macen

Unless there were 5 intial GB (which is possible). We have a 7v3 vote going today. It could also be 6v4 if they had 5 to start with. I personally think we should vote Awes or Alv, they both have no protection left and we know where the shardblade is now.

*EDIT* If we vote Khaz, we don't know where the shardblade will go - we should just Pain-Knife him.

Edited by Macen

Khas held out his hand. Ten heartbeats. They came, slow and steady. He was surprised how calm he felt, now that he'd made up his mind. The Blade coalesced, the smooth lines of steel shaping itself from mist. He gripped it and stalked through the warcamp, and those who knew enough to recognise a Shardblade when they saw one kept out of his way.

He found the man he was looking for. "Jim," he said, the tip of the Blade finding the man's throat. It would be so easy to ram it in, to burn his eyes out, but that wasn't the point of today. "I challenge you to a fight to the death."

Sometimes, you had to pick your death, he thought, teeth bared in a smile. He'd killed and killed, and he was tired of it. Sometimes, you had to die for a good cause. This was it. Strange to think that a choice could mean so much to him.

Well, good game, guys. Frankly, I'm kind of glad it's mostly over ;) Team Evil on my first game was pretty much not what I had bargained for!

Edit: Whoops, forgot to highlight Jim in red. Fixed.

Edited by Kasimir

Good game everyone. Being on the evil side was as enjoyable as I'd hoped it would be. Not sure anyone will ever believe anything I say in these games again though.

Thanks Maili for creating and hosting a very complicated and entertaining game!

Though I think instead of extensions Maili, you should shorten the day so we can finish this up. Don't think it will take people long to vote today.

It was a good choice in the end Jim. With the new shields and mace added into the game, the odds got stacked pretty heavily against us and we were already in a tough spot with losing Humperdink and it being pretty obvious from yesterday's vote who the other two were. It was worth trying to sway you though just for the debate me and Wurum got to have.

Edit: forgot to add that I vote Jim Bob Dirt.

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

EDIT - I really wish we would have stuck to the plan to have Khaz target himself. Would have been hilarious. Also, sorry - I got REALLY excited, I wasn't sure how this would play out.

I wish you would have done that as well because then I still would have had plate and Khas would have been perfectly fine ;)

I would also like to plate my vote, for Khas. Question awes, how did you know Wurum has the bow and that we were attacking you? That convinced me that Tion was a GB.

*EDIT* Changed Khaz to Khas.

Edited by Macen

I wish you would have done that as well because then I still would have had plate and Khas would have been perfectly fine ;)

Now that I think about it, Wurum decided to have us aim Khaz at you instead of himself because of how we read something in writeup. If we would have read that a little better (I think we were both pretty tired), we would have realized that the reason we were having him aim you instead of himself should have been telling us to have Alv aim at you, and Wurum aim at Khaz.

Oh well.

*EDIT* - I went back and Looked. Wurum told me to have the Soul-Caster aim Alv at Awes, I just misread it. if that would have worked, Awes would be dead and Saritu would be alive. Then Khaz would have done whatever he was trying to do - hopefully attacking myself, or Wurum. :/

Edited by Macen

I would also like to plate my vote, for Khaz. Question awes, how did you know Wurum has the bow and that we were attacking you? That convinced me that Tion was a GB.

Alv spied out Jost with the soulcaster and Wurum with the bow two consecutive nights in a row. I knew you were likely to attack me because Jost had turned my use of the emotion bracelet with the soulcaster the previous night and the people with reversers had been narrowed to two. We knew I was by far the most likely of the four of us to get hit.

The plan was for your attack to be diverted by the painrial so you didn't know I had plate as well. That way you would waste your vote on me the next day and we'd still have four people. We didn't expect that my having plate would be revealed even though the attack was diverted.

Now that I think about it, Wurum decided to have us aim Khaz at you instead of himself because of how we read something in writeup. If we would have read that a little better (I think we were both pretty tired), we would have realized that the reason we were having him aim you instead of himself should have been telling us to have Alv aim at you, and Wurum aim at Khaz.

Oh well.

Yes, if you'd have done that, I would be the only man standing right now.

This is not something a Ghostblood about to die should be saying, but please: Khas. Imagine if you got some other innocent Khaz in the warcamps hung! The horror! The tragedy! ;)

Edited by Kasimir