Long Game 5: Noble Secrets

I assume We'll find out soon in some way. But to Clarify, are we still at the Warcamps? Has everything happened the Same except that Gavilar was the Last Kholin? And there aren't any Radiants? Also, what to lower ranked Light eyes call higher Ranked ones? is it still Brightness?

I will join for the first time! Yay! Please don't gang kill me (but I probably still will die)

I am Jain, a noble that comes from the land of Shin and travels a little too much. I have been almost everywhere on Roshar. I have a peculiar fetish for certain black and white bears - so much, in fact, that I have an unnamed toy black-white bear. I also have a set of apparently fortune-telling tarot cards, that never  works. Unsurprising really. I got it for a single clearchip.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

I am Claincy Clancy Clan Caan Ffnord dangit this just keeps getting harder.

I am Fnorf! A fairly low ranked lighteyes who is a sergeant in Sebarial's mostly unused mercenary army.

It's semi symmetric too!

One comment for now on the rules. The ghostbloods are very likely to have gained a soulcaster and a shardblade by the time they outnumber the lighteyes. The fewer people there are left in the game the more items people are going to have and by the end it could get a little crazy depending on how many there were to start with.

I am going to keep using green for rule related comments =)

Oh yeah, my rank totally works too!

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

I'm also sorry I made it switch, Light... almost. ;)

Just in case people were wondering, at 50 reputation, you go from being a "Noble" to a "Grand." Thus, Light was a noble before some pesky player decided to make him look like he was insane. Who would do such a nefarious thing? Shame on them! 

There is no way to discover alignment. Is that on purpose?

Kind of, yes. It will be difficult but if you use an emotion bracelet on the right person, it can technically tell you who used the Ghostbloods kill.

Also, the Ghostbloods can only take a maximum of three actions a night, I see? One kill and two others? Is that right? Why the restriction this game?

No, each player can take a maximum of three actions a night. So depending on the number of Ghostbloods,and weapons they have, there could be quite a few actions taken.

Apologies, I skimmed through and didn't see the role of Artifabrian. I am henceforth an Ardent, I was merely confused before.

It's okay, I've fixed you in the list.

Also, in terms of RP, will our characters know about the Ghostbloods being present?

Yes, you'll see when I post the first write up but they will know that there are people attempting to usurp the throne and steal their items.

I assume We'll find out soon in some way. But to Clarify, are we still at the Warcamps? Has everything happened the Same except that Gavilar was the Last Kholin? And there aren't any Radiants? Also, what to lower ranked Light eyes call higher Ranked ones? is it still Brightness?

everything is the same, it's just that instead of the Kholin family, there is a different family in power. There are no Radiants. This happens about the time WoK would start. So, Dalinar and Gavilar's didn't unite the Highprinces. Someone else did so and if someone wants to RP about this, Gavilar's is a Highprince.

One comment for now on the rules. The ghostbloods are very likely to have gained a soulcaster and a shardblade by the time they outnumber the lighteyes. The fewer people there are left in the game the more items people are going to have and by the end it could get a little crazy depending on how many there were to start with.

I am going to keep using green for rule related comments =)

Do you think some items should disappear after deaths? Currently for a item to disappear, there has to be no heir or once the thief uses it, it is gone for good.

Edit: If you want, I am also accepting death requests. If you have something particular you want in your death scene, let me know.

Edited by Mailliw73

I've recovered, and so I doubt I'll fall sick and miss the game again :/ Guess this is my first sign-up instead!

Khas, tenth dahn soldier in Highprince Roion's army, and all he really wants is some paid leave. Storming Highprince underpays his spearmen. (Totally inconsequential posting!)

Edited by Kasimir

I'd like to clarify some of the rules too, if it's ok. Some might be a bit obvious, I'm afraid.

1. Shardblade: if it can block a Pain Knife but leaves the holder injured, can it be used to defend someone else besides the holder? (And to use the Shardblade to defend, must the holder have not used it to kill in the same night?)

2. Same question for Shardplate. Does that defend the holder or can you use your Shardplate to block an attack on someone else? Unlike being a Thug, it doesn't protect you from a lynching death, does it? What about the half-shard? (I asked because I notice you emphasise someone else on the painrial, but I don't want to make assumptions about how these are deployable.)

Edited by Kasimir

Hmm.... I think I'll change my name to... Xanas. More symmetrical and also allows more RPing. Just as a note, my activity on weekends may be negligible, but don't doubt my master plan to kill you all, cough, I mean save the world. I am teamed up with Taravangian.

One Question about the Death Rattles, what exactly can be said in them?  Are you allowed to reveal things or must you be cryptic?

Being cryptic is optional, but better, in my opinion. You don't have to be though. You can technically reveal things, but nothing that was learned from the Heaven doc. The messages have to be sent to me via PM and I will post them.

I'd like to clarify some of the rules too, if it's ok. Some might be a bit obvious, I'm afraid.

1. Shardblade: if it can block a Pain Knife but leaves the holder injured, can it be used to defend someone else besides the holder? (And to use the Shardblade to defend, must the holder have not used it to kill in the same night?)

2. Same question for Shardplate. Does that defend the holder or can you use your Shardplate to block an attack on someone else? Unlike being a Thug, it doesn't protect you from a lynching death, does it? What about the half-shard? (I asked because I notice you emphasise someone else on the painrial, but I don't want to make assumptions about how these are deployable.)

It's okay. That's understandable. I want to make sure rules are clarified.

1. The Shardblade can only protect the holder. Blocking a Pain Knife is a passive ability. If someone targets a Shardblade-holder with a pain knife, the Blade will block it, but it will cancel the kill, if one was ordered.

2. Plate also only protects the holder. It can protect you from a lynch, but that counts as the "regular death" that it can block. So if it has already blocked the GB's kill or a Grandbow's, then it cannot protect for a lynch. The Half-Shard cannot block a lynch or block others.

Are Sadeas and Gavilar Highprinces? If not, who replaced them?

I was running under the assumption that no characters from the books are present but we are still doing the War of Reckoning. But some players made reference to Sebarial. So I don't know.

Are Sadeas and Gavilar Highprinces? If not, who replaced them?

Yes they are. The Highprinces are the same as in the books, only Gavilar is a Highprince instead of Dalinar. The king's name is Tanadar if you're wondering.

Edit: Darn, that's close to thanadal. I forgot about him. So the king's name might change. We'll see. Okay, it's Naladar now.

Edited by Mailliw73

Grim/Joe: Oh, you should have seen my Lists from the last game. Nearly three thousand words before the end of the Third day. :) They're on my other computer right now, but they ended up huge. And it still wasn't quite enough to catch all of the PK. Still. They proved very useful.

I have new ideas for even better Lists this round, as well as analyses of previous behaviour for each returning player and... I think I might be preparing too much. :P

Edited by AonarFaileas