Long Game 5: Noble Secrets

To those wondering why I haven’t posted lately it is simply because I have nothing to say.  My rp postings have stopped as I have gone as far as I can at moment.  It was meant to be intertwined with my rp posts in Rubix’s quick fix game that was going to start on the same day.

The reason I log in as often as I do but never post is because I use my phone to check the forums while I’m at work.  And as anyone knows posting on your phone is a real pain to handle.  Given that most of the time while working I have to wear thick gloves makes it even harder to post without taking a lot of time, time which I rarely have.

As for who I suspect, as I stated during Day 2 I only had two.  One being Xanas who is now dead.  The other being Tion.  My evidence is thin but it is all I have to go on as no one has contacted me via spanreed and therefore I have no contact outside off these posts.

One: He is was the one to spring Sprenils supposed trap before Sprenil himself could therefore throwing suspicion on Tors who we now know is innocent instead of waiting and seeing who else might have taken the bait.

Two: He was attacked the first night while wearing a shardplate which protected him.  He then proclaimed that the attack makes him the closest to being proven innocent than anyone else.

Three: He received a spanreed as well as a painknife at the end of the second day but was not attacked again despite having broken Plate and was therefore had a good chance of being killed and the ghostbloods gaining any of the items he had which would all be of use to them.  So unless Jain told someone that he was using the painrial on Tion as he claims to have done there would be no reason not to attack Tion again and gain some nice loot and remove a strong player at the same time.

Four: Tion claimed that anyone who claimed to be suspicious of him would be high on his list.  In other games he was all for his name being thrown out as it would at least start talk among others but now it seems his name is taboo.

As stated it is not very compelling but it is all I have at moment.

Tion took a deep breath. He needed to remain calm... and not shove a sword through the dual-eyed upstart. 

"If they had attacked me last night, they likely would've been blocked by whomever has the Painrial (if Jain is telling the truth, then I was protected) and it's only been two nights. If they really wanted to kill me, they'd have to wait until the next night, as the Painrial can't protect the same person twice. Plus, they might be afraid that I actually got a Shardblade and attacking me would reveal them (I won't say whether I did or not, but I did name a heir last night! ;) )."

Not actually mad. In fact, if I didn't know I was good, I'd say that's some compelling reasoning! :) 

Damnation. Seems like you can;t add people into existing conversations.

(Sigh) I came up with a magnificent plan last night. It went downhill when I got voted. Never mind. I'll tell you guys about it after this game.

Thanks for the defense, Joe. Sadly, I still doubt you.

Hopefully, my death will clarify some things.

Jain stared at the checker board. Sitting across him was his toy panda. it had a curious look in its eyes. In reality, Jain was playing himself. The toy was for comic relief. Jain looked sadly at his side of the board. His strategy had failed, and he had almost lost.

Edit: Color

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Chach, Nan, Palah

Penned by My Sister Sani. May she survive this Conflict.

Sprenil Has many suspicious Acts, and I do beleive him to be one of the Enemy. But for Today, We must Execute a Known Enemy. Faileas. He pushes us to Suspect Grellin, Who I believe to Be inocent. He made us Believe that one of the SpanreedHolders was a Ghostblood, but was scared when one died, Narrowing down the Pool of Possible GhostBloods. Yesterday, Pailian Accused Faileas of being a Ghostblood, This Morning, he was found dead. Hopefully, those others who are truly Loyal to The now Dead Naladar will join me against This Man.

~Jost Joslin

"Execute Order 66."  "Yes my Lord."

Faileas is Aonar, btw. That always confused me.

Edited by Hello. My name is Joe

Tion's spies delivered Jost's writings to him, perfectly on time. If they didn't, they would receive a lashing for every minute they were late. Many decided to run rather than be late by over 15 minutes.... They were always caught in the end and punished for the time it took to catch them as well. Needless to say, Tion had developed a very loyal system in the end. 

After careful consideration, he deemed the ex-soldier's words to be worthwhile. After all, a good tactician knows that his underlings can have great insight and heeds their words carefully. 

"Send out a missive," he commanded to the scribe. "Jain may be an outlander and needs to be watched, but the true threat will come from within. Let us cull our ranks of frivolous Brightlords, like this Faialen.'

'After all, the less Brightlords there are, the more likely the fools will choose me to be King! ....Don't write that last part."

Faialen (which if you hadn't included that last bit Joe, I'd suspect you of casting a no vote!) has accused a few that after last night that I deem trustworthy. If I'm getting played by the Ghostbloods, then they're doing an amazing job, but I feel confident with this vote and as Tion would say, "I DEMAND that you all follow me!" :)

Jain, you're still high on my list, but the reason I never contacted you during the day was due to the possibility of the Ghostbloods have two Reversers. Every vote counts. If you survive this day, I promise to contact you this night, but that's the best I can do. 

So much happened while I was asleep... Not that that's a bad thing, mind.

We'd need a five vote majority actually, Wyrm.

I might've missed something, why would we need five votes more than someone else to ensure a lynch target?

I'm waiting to hear back about some rule clarifications, Jain. We'll see what happens.... 

Did you ever get those clarifications, Meta? Also, whoever it was who said 'don't give away our spanreed holders', the Ghostbloods will almost certainly be in so many private conversations that they'll know them anyway, judging on how the evil side always seems to infiltrate PM groups with no difficulty. I'm not saying that they should be revealed, but there's little need to panic.

I doubt that Faialen is a Ghostblood just because Pailan accused him the previous night (again though, it's just as much evidence as we have anywhere else). I'm not sure that the Ghostbloods would kill someone immediately after they were suspected. That seems like poor play on their part, and they haven't done anything too obvious yet. I would've said look instead for who Pailan voted for on the first day. ...Except that was Tors, who was innocent. So that doesn't help. Which is a shame, as otherwise I would've said that accusing Faialen would be misdirection.

I retract my vote from Sprenil, since it seems like a bit of a wasted vote at the moment. I am wary of Theorymaker/Cara's 'random inexplicable reasons', naturally. I'm surprised no-one else has commented of this. While it's true that Jim Bob Dirt is somewhat suspicious for his actions and his refusal to vote for anyone except definite Ghostbloods, something that we won't see in this game (the definite aspect, that is), voting for no reason is as suspicious as not voting at all.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Tion looked over the crowd. They were all so petty. They thought themselves worthy to make decisions. 

Well, they would learn over time. Once he had the crown, they would all learn their place; which was beneath him, of course. 

As they continued shouting out names, he stood up and let the light play off of his Shardplate. 

"I tire of this squabbling. You will do as I decide or you will have to go through me!'

'Decide now. Either I will die or this impostor of a Brightlord, Faialen will die."

I'm invoking the ability of having a Shard to create the vote between Tion and Faialen. Considering that there would be no need for such if I was a Ghostblood (they could easily sway the results either way with the Reversers), I urge you all to vote with me. 

If I die due to this, anyone who voted against me should be looked at extremely closely. I won't state that they're all Ghostbloods, but if we're right about Faialen and they have the Reversers, they might try to save their own. 

EDIT: Quote from above for you, Wurum: 

Jain, you're still high on my list, but the reason I never contacted you during the day was due to the possibility of the Ghostbloods have two Reversers. Every vote counts. If you survive this day, I promise to contact you this night, but that's the best I can do. 

Edited by Metacognition

I did get clarification, as I somewhat stated within my post above you....

I never suspected you, Wurum; but after such an obvious mistake, I kind of have to. 

Sorry, I still don't get what you are referring to?

EDIT: Oh, I see, it was a clarification for a Shard duel then? Sorry if that was actually a call for a duel, it was rather difficult to tell when half awake. I'll make a new post to respond to that, since you ninja'd (windrunner'd?) me with your post there.

Edited by Wyrmhero

I'm invoking the ability of having a Shard to create the vote between Tion and Faialen.

I think it's somewhat unfair to create a duel between yourself and someone who hasn't even responded to the accusations levelled against him by others last night. But in any case, I have no choice but to retract my vote for Cara now. I am not fully swayed with either of you towards guilt or innocence.

Yes, even you, Meta, though admitting it may damnation me somewhat. For the most part, it's not a major suspicion. Alvron's post sums up my feelings pretty well on this matter, aside from reason 3. No offence, if it was anyone else, I'd accept the attack as proof of their innocence, but I can see you doing it just to teach us a lesson. And you can't deny that if you were a Ghostblood, you would be in a very good position, with an early risk that has paid off (if it is even a risk at all). By doing so, the Ghostbloods would have managed to 'prove' your innocence in a game without certain innocence. It's enough of a possibly that I can't simply ignore it where you are concerned. So it's not that I find you guilty, it's just that I am too cautious to accept you as totally innocent.

In addition, there is a situation in which creating a duel is beneficial for you as a Ghostblood: The one in which both you and Jain are Ghostbloods, and you are creating this duel in order to stop votes being placed for Jain. Everyone believes you are innocent, and so it's pretty obvious who will lose out in this duel, particularly when you've threatened them for voting against you. Again, don't take offence at this. You could just as easily believe Jain is innocent somehow and be saving him. It's just something we should keep in mind.

Now, moving onto the other duelist here, Faialen. I have no new information to shed on him, just the posts on the forum to go by. Jain claims he has a Spanreed. He didn't vote on the first day, and then he voted for Xanas on the second day. However, this vote for Xanas was the second vote that gave a majority. He did it to force a lynch. I'm not going to damnation him for that as such, due to the fact that it seems he did it to get control over who was lynched. However, having said that, today he says the following:

Right now, I'm suspicious of everyone who voted Jain to, "make sure the Ghostbloods can't tamper with the vote." That's... rough reasoning, to say the least. If the Ghostbloods do have a Reverser (or both of them) then we'll learn a lot more if they do use it then if they decide that there's no point.

Which is somewhat contradictory to what he did on the second day, voting to force a lynch instead of letting the Ghostbloods pick who to kill. What he's saying here is true: We would get a bit more information out of a Reversed lynch (being hanged by the feet?), but the fact that it's a complete reversal of his motives on the previous day makes me suspicious.

As such, as far as I see it, there is a contradiction in Aonar's playstyle, but not in Meta's. Therefore, I will indeed vote Faialen.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Sorry Meta but you are around 12 hours too late to do that:

This is what I meant to ask about. Is there a timeframe in which you have to declare this? Say in the first 12 or 24 hours of the day? Because triggering it at 1 hour before the day ends to make sure a certain person who had any number of votes that was more than you died would be a bit broken :P

Whoops, forgot to add that in. It must be declared with 24 hours left.

I do have more to say but it can wait till a little later before I go to bed but this needed to be noted now.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Faialen, you have been acting suspicious majority of the game. In subtle ways. If you are not GB set an heir you trust and take. Sorry it came to this, but trust is a rare commodity in this game.

*Edit* Added Blue

*EDIT 2* I forgot to remove my vote for Alv

Edited by Macen

Tion's spies delivered Jost's writings to him, perfectly on time. If they didn't, they would receive a lashing for every minute they were late. Many decided to run rather than be late by over 15 minutes.... They were always caught in the end and punished for the time it took to catch them as well. Needless to say, Tion had developed a very loyal system in the end. 

Jost Sat outside his tent, waiting. Within  5 Minutes of His writing, Someone stealthily entered his Tent. He had been right, Someone Was reading His Journal. Now all he had to do was follow this Spy, and see who they reported to.

Having considered some more I have decided not to change my vote. (As the duel was announced far too late in the day I do not have to.) Faialen is suspicious, but I am not certain of his guilt or otherwise. Beyond that, where things stand at the moment the ghostbloods would need to use both reversers to get someone else lynched, if they do have both. If they do have them, and they do use them both then we at least know that they do have a second one now and we will still gain information by them doing so.

I would say more, but it is 2:22am and I have multiple major assignments due on friday so I really need sleep.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Apologies for being absent. I've been quit busy this week. I could have posted earlier on, a few hours after the write up was posted, but obviously decided against it.

While I wonder why there are so many who voted for me and then retracted their votes when I hadn't even responded, I am most suspicious of those who expressed suspicion of me and yet gave little reason as to why they decided not to vote for me, or at all. This is, in my opinion, exactly how a GB would play. Rather than doing the voting themselves, they prefer to have others do the voting, so as to distance themselves when the lynchee inevitably proves to be innocent.

EDIT: And I'll be voting for Tion, for multiple reasons which I have that are many in number and not singular. Even though, ,as Fnorf said, it's too late for Tion to declare a duel.

Edited by Aspren

Well, if Meta was indeed too late, that allows me to retract my vote and apply it elsewhere. Currently, the options I am considering are as thus:

1) Leave it on Faialen. I am tempted to do this, and simply see what happens, at this point. I am suspicious of the pair of Meta and Faialen, but not enough that I would just vote for them out of the blue. With four hours to go, however, we won't get too much new information. Faialen hasn't come online since to defend himself, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt and remove my vote.

2) Accuse Sprenil again. His actions have been somewhat erratic throughout the game, and his absence today doesn't help matters. But as he claims to have been busy, I will accept his idleness as not having enough time, and not Ghostblood lies. He hasn't voted yet, but honestly that's not too unusual at this point in the game.

3) Put my vote back on Cara. This was just due to his 'vote for Jim because random inexplicable reasons'. Up until then, I had not considered him as a suspect. It's enough that I want him to explain his reasons, certainly, but not enough for me to want to lynch him. However, I will accuse him for an explanation. So, Cara, what are these random reasons?

Edited by Wyrmhero

When things got tough, Grellin took a walk. Yes, that was his go-to for about all situations, but the hypnotic sway of movement was so conducive to thought and careful consideration. He had had enough of Aladar's camp, so he decided to make his way over to Tion's mansion, where so many had been spending time recently. The crazy man had gained a lot of influence in the wake of the king's death. Grellin had come to trust Tion, despite his screams and ramblings. Grellin may not accept him as king if it came to that, which the man seemed to want, but Grellin felt safe enough around the man. It must have been due to his Shardplate. Almighty knew, Grellin would love to have a set of Shardplate. And even the Blade to go along with it.

Arriving, Grellin found himself, as usual, in the midst of a near riot. Men, women, and children stormed the streets, the bustle more like to a highstorm than anything else. The stormwardens had predicted an actual highstorm for the following day. The first since the assassination. Grellin hoped the warcamps could stay peaceful in the wake of that chaos. He moved his hand near the left of his waist, where sat his sword in its sheath, then stepped forward.

The word on the streets was astounding. Tion had challenged the musician Faialen to a duel? But there couldn't be a duel today; it was too late. Was the man mad? But as Grellin made his way through the streets to the center of the bustle, Tion's manor, he came to understand a little better. Apparently, Faialen had been calling for Grellin's death, but no one else had joined him. Faialen had stood alone, a symphony of one. And now Tion was calling for the musician's death, Jost and Ace having joined him. Could Faialen be one of the whispered Ghostbloods? Tion must have been very certain he was, enough to go to his grave possibly for it. Much as Grellin trusted Tion, it also made sense. No one would make that large of a risk without surety. As he passed through the gates into Tion's grounds, Grellin decided that he would join the insane man in his movement against Faialen.

Despite his certitude, violet fearspren kept popping up in his wake. Grellin was growing more and more used to their constant presence as the days passed.

For those of you who dislike RP posts in the middle of discussion, my reasoning is all in there. It may be slightly exaggerated for RP purposes, but it's there.

Here are the current votes, updated with mine (I wrote this before Jost's post):

Alv 1: Ace, Humperdink

Jim Bob Dirt 2: Fnorf, Cara
Jain 1: Tion, Awes, Saritu, Cara

Grellin 1: Faialen
Sprenil 0: Jost, Wurum
Humperdink 0: Wurum
Tion 2: Alv, Sprenil

Cara 1: Wurum

Faialen 4: Jost, Tion, Wurum, Ace, Grellin

Accuse Sprenil again. His actions have been somewhat erratic throughout the game, and his absence today doesn't help matters.

My actions have been consistently erratic, thank you very much.

Awes' head was spinning. The highstorm wasn't supposed to arrive for another day but it sure felt like Tion's mansion had already been struck. None of the highlords were holding back anymore (well, one was but I'll get to that). Accusations had been thrown out, rescinded, and passed onto someone else on several occasions. One person had even gone so far as to ask that four different people be lynched today. 

Then, the challenge had come. The terms of the dual had not been accepted but the challenge was already made and had changed the entire course of the day's discussion. Tion or Faialen? A part of him wanted to side with Faialen just to see that pompous rotspren get put in his place but it wouldn't be right to send Tion to the gallows just because he rubbed Awes the wrong way. The truth of it was, Awes had seen enough suspicious actions on both sides that he simply could not warrant sending one to the gallows over the other. If they were so set on butting heads, Awes would let them settle their own dispute. 

Fortunately, the dual had not been sanctioned so he had other options. Once again, despite the heated debates, Lucal continued to sit back and just observe all that was happening. Perhaps the man just didn't like to get his hands dirty. Maybe he just wasn't good with confrontations. Whatever the case, his silence was starting to get unnerving.

"Lucal, might you have any insights on our current dilemma?"

Edit: spelling

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned