Long Game 5: Noble Secrets

*sighs quietly*.

Sorry I didn't end up voting during day 2 despite my insistence that we needed to be actively debating and voting. I do recognize the inconsistency. I'm in the last two weeks of the Uni semester and I have a lot of major assignments and projects due so I am finding it difficult to get on much. I'll make sure not to miss a vote again though.

@Mailliw73, Ok. No worries. =)

I have found an error in some things I clarified for certain players. This is the final ruling: Shardplate can protect from a lynch, and it counts as a regular kill.

Ace, there isn't a huge deal about the order, but the kills will always come last and any gifting of items will come before that.

A little less than an hour left.

Day 3: Death Stroke Eshe 1

Day 3:

Paranoia and nervousness overtook the warcamps as night fell. Trust was built, and at the same time, betrayed.

A figure sat alone in their room twiddling their thumbs. Another snuck out to buy arrows. One person danced around in strange postures while quoting an ancient text. All were anxious and afraid to wait the night out. Many more meetings were held this somber night.

Pailan was returning from her duties as the stable master to her quarters when she stopped by and told someone that her heir would be them if she were to die. She had one more stop to make which required much more stealth. As she finished, she snuck onto the road.

An assassin with a blood-stained sword that had small remnants of fine silk stuck to it creeped out behind Pailan, and without a word, stabbed her through the back. Pailan fell with a gasp and gave a final breath. She was dead.

Pailan was a Noble with an Emotion bracelet and a Reverser.

The day begins now and will end on Wednesday at 3:30 pm MDT/22:30 GMT.

Finally, another death.

Well... that's enlightening... I believe this gives me some revelations. I'm now curious how many reversers are out there and hoping the PK GB didn't get another one...

Fixed you there. ;) it's okay, I did the same thing at first and it's my game. ;)

All night PM's have been sent out.

Edited by Mailliw73

Can't believe I'm still alive. Hmm... The Grandbow user is awfully quiet. Maybe he's playing cautious. I'm assuming they're a Noble, since a GB would know who was an ally and who wasn't, and would thus use it without limit. The same goes for the Shardblade holder.

Jain opened his eyes. He was still alive. Looking up, he was relieved by the sight of the toy panda looking at the wall. He had somehow expected it to turn around in the middle of the night or something more paranormal. 

He was eating breakfast when news of the murder reached him. The Ghost Bloods had struck, and this time they had hit their target. Another Noble was dead, with few clues left behind.

I wonder what importance the silk on the sword has?

Edit: Color problems

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Silk is another allusion.

To the Ghostblood who killed the king, I'll bet. Think about it; the silk was likely from what the king was wearing at the time of his death and silk is an expensive fabric. A fabric fit for a king, perhaps?

Well. I just had a big huge post extrapolating suspects based on everything that's happened in the last couple of cycles, but my computer decided to be a jerk an have an automatic shutdown right before I posted. :( There's absolutely no way I'm going to write all that out again, so I'll just give you the end conclusion. :P I think there's a very good chance Dirt or Grellin will be Ghostbloods. I might post the reasoning behind this tomorrow, but right now I'm way too tired to type it out again and expect it to be coherent. Have fun.

Edited by AonarFaileas

Tion had stayed up all night. He wouldn't let them come after him while he slept. If he were to die, he would try to take one of them with him.

Luckily for him, it seemed that these Ghostbloods had other targets in mind for the evening. When he finally went outside and heard that Pailian was dead, he smiled with true delight. 

Perhaps I've scared them off, he thought. Their time will come, but at least for now, I have no problems with them killing off commoners who try to rise above their station. 

He was so happy, he had his servants set up his breakfast outside in front of his palace. As he was eating, that strange Shin fellow with his penchant for stuff animals, Jain, walked by. 

Tion eyed him and a little of his mood soured. 

"There is another who needs to learn his place," he mumbled before going back to his breakfast. 

That's a touch break for us, losing an Emotional Bracelet. Hopefully, he had a heir and that was the item they got. Yes, I'd rather the Ghostbloods didn't have possibly two reversers, but we really need that Emotional Bracelet! 

Jain, you've been highly inconsistent most of the game so far. First you claim to have a Painrial and then last night, you're looking for protection from the person who actually has the Painrial. Also, if you really have one, then I don't see why they'd go after Sphinx and let you continue to live. I also think that you're confusion about the kills and the different rules is a front. 

If I'm wrong; I'm sorry, but for now, my vote is for you. 

Jaysus. Now I get voted for inconsistency. (Sigh) Let me Explain myself.

I was hoping everyone would forget I had a Painrial. Thanks for putting me back into the limelight, Tion. Just saying, I spent my Painrial last night, and it was on you, Tion. Considering how many people called my act, I might as well tell everyone. Yes, I am playing the noob. Why the GB went after Sphinx, I have no idea. Maybe they actually bought my act.

What I'm going to ask next is a genuine noob question (this is my first game, after all). There can be more than 1 Painrial in a game, right? 

Oh, and don't answer when a person knocks on your door on a foggy day.

Panda, there are probably more than one painrials. My guess actually 2 or 3. My guess is only 2 of the main 4 attack items, and probably 2-3 of the defense items and 2-3 of the other secondary items. Just my guess though.

Hmm... I agree Joe. Sprenil was never proven innocent. He's also awfully quiet. I still won't vote, though. I trying to abstain as much as I can. 

From the lack of Shardblade and Grandbow kills, I think most of them are in the hands of Nobles.

I haven't seen anything about this, so I'm going to ask this. Will we be told if someone was robbed by the thief? If not, I suggest we announce if we have been robbed.

I don't exactly see why some people still think I'm suspicious. Is arguing caution REALLY that out of the ordinary? I mean, wouldn't the GB want people to lynch more liberally? And the theory that Fnord and I were fake-arguing in order to not appear associated seems a tad convoluted to me. We didn't appear associated in the first place, why go out of our way? 

I still don't feel certain enough to vote for anyone, so I'll refrain once again.

Edited by Adolin_Dustbringer